• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New spring for Yamaha Secondary, no coil bind and better torsion

Nos and
shagman just wondering your thoughts on clutching a 06 apex first wack RPM and top end rmp thanks

Nos and
shagman just wondering your thoughts on clutching a 06 apex first wack RPM and top end rmp thanks

06 Apex,

First whack - 10,900-11,000
mid - 10,900
top end - 10,800

Has anyone been running this set-up in their viper this year?

Anybody else running the secondary orange spring on a apex with after market clutching with results

I just gave my Apex a whack with this spring for the first time today. It pulls hard and backshifts quite rapidly. This is the quickest backshifting spring I've ever used! ;)!

I'm wound @ 3-3.

I think 3-2 would be plenty for general trail riding on an Apex.

Last edited:
I just gave my Apex a whack with this spring for the first time today. It pulls hard and backshifts quite rapidly. This is the quickest backshifting spring I've ever used! ;)!

I'm wound @ 3-3.

I think 3-2 would be plenty for general trail riding in an Apex.
Are you stock what rpm are you running at?

When I got my orange spring I set it at 3-3, wasn't real sure that was correct (didn't see this thread first) so I called the guys at TP and was told by there tech that it should be 6-1. Stock 18 winder, trail rider-zero off trail. Just want to make sure from the pros what twist I really should do but it sounds like 3-3 is the way to go.
The mechanic at my dealer talked to Lonn (owner of TP) directly, whom told him wrap at 3-3. Just as Nos Pro suggested.

Start at 2-3 with your apex. 3-3 if you want more grunt corner to corner.
Tried the orange spring wrapped at 2-3 on my apex with ulmers clutching. jumped to about 11,000 and setttled about 10,700 pulling 105 on dream meter.

*****Update on spring settings.....*****

Set your secondary at 2-3 and you should have less trouble with belts. This is for all Viper's, SW's, Apex's, Vectors, Nytro's and RX1's.

A few were saying that the spring was wrapped too tight and causing some issues with belts. Some have switched from 3-3 down to 2-3 and having better performance.

I will be calling Lonn today and informing him to update his customers.

Back