• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NLVMAX'S Nytro SE Garage: Mod Update

Re: clear trail tank

nytro23 said:
Installed two clear trail tanks today. fairly easy and straight forward. My only tip is to make sure when sliding the tank in place get it as far forward as possible. That way all the cowling pieces fit together nicely.
For our race I'm concerned about losing the little knobs that hold all the plastic parts for the trail tank. I went to Lowes today and found some with bigger heads on them to carry for spares. The larger heads may be easier to handle with gloves on. Just another idea is all. The Trail Tank is defiantly a nice and easy add on. Great bang for the buck..

Starting to like the clear tank more now. It looks good.
Your sleds are taking shape nicely, keep us posted with your progress. ;)!

Hey NLVMAX,

I'm from Newfoundland aswell, I live in Torbay. I got a 08 Nytro rtx. Nice thread you have going here and nice mods, you will love this sled. I see your mustang in the background of the pics, that stang is badass! Did I see that for sale awhile back? My father has a 00 GT vert.

B440 said:
Hey NLVMAX,

I'm from Newfoundland aswell, I live in Torbay. I got a 08 Nytro rtx. Nice thread you have going here and nice mods, you will love this sled. I see your mustang in the background of the pics, that stang is badass! Did I see that for sale awhile back? My father has a 00 GT vert.

Thanks B440, if you decide on any mods post them up. Looking forward to riding. In the mean time I'll be in the Garage. ;)!

If anyone knows how to hook up a Electic oil pressure gauge on a Nytro, pm me or post some info. Thanks

Re: Trail tanks

switch said:
What are you going about the blue tabs that aren't covered when you put your new tank on? Are you going to leave as is or modify them? If you do modify could you post pics? Thanks

Use a sharp utility knife and it won't be a problem. Score a line where you want to cut and then retrace until the tab is off. Then you can shave off any excess that may still remain.

I don't have a camera so I can't show any pics, but in my opinion you need to cut the tabs off. It looks unfinished if you don't.

New Wheels

I finally picked up my back Tuning Fork Wheels that were on back order. I put them on this weedend.
Case anyone is wondering part numbers:
Large #SMA-BILWH-TF-LG
Small #SMA-BILWH-TF-SM

IMG_3318.jpg

IMG_3320.jpg

Thinking of going with an extra wheel kit as well to help reduce slide wear.

Re: Trail tanks

NLVMAX said:
xc_phazer137 said:
What kind of camera do you have? Your pics look really nice SLR?

Thanks. It is the Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi. You have a eye for photography hey? I also have the Canon Speedlite 580EX II flash. It's a decent camera. Like it so far.

In the summer time I shoot alot of Motocross if I am not racing. I use a canon 40D. Canons are awsome.

stopdropanroll said:
Those wheels look great, allot better on a sled then they did in the catalog.

;)! ;)! ;)! ;)! ;)! ;)!

Hope they hold up! For the price, they better.

Going to put a wheel kit on sled as well to help with the slide wear. Where's a good place to order these. Yamaha is selling for 78.95. I'd like to see what people have done with extra wheels.

Found this thread about slider wear.
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... c&start=15

Delivery

Here's the latest with the SE. I got my gauges a couple days ago. I have a temp gauge and oil pressure gauge being installed for now. Sending back the oil gauge for a better one that can actually read the psi. I since started to install TT but ran into a small snag. Being looked after.

Just picked up my A-Arm protectors at the Post Office. Love seeing that notice hanging on the door when I get home.

http://www.muffinworksltd.com/ Plan is to put these on the weekend. These guys have great service. ;)! Will do business again.
Far as I know, this is the only place you can get white(powder coated) a-arm protectors for your Nytro.

IMG_3403.jpg

Here's my Baby.

Attachments

• SLED PICS 001.jpg
    SLED PICS 001.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 309
  • SLED PICS 003.jpg
    SLED PICS 003.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 306
  • SLED PICS 004.jpg
    SLED PICS 004.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 332
  • SLED PICS 005.jpg
    SLED PICS 005.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 223
Looks good. White A-arms are becoming more and more popular. What windshield are you sporting there? It looks like the stock 08 chrome one, only black.

I really hope those wheels hold up for you. I hope it is not one of those things that look really good in the garage, only for them to go to hell on the trail.

Back