• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Possible Bent A-Arm and Tweaked Frame?

Right side of sled got tweaked. Upper right a arm is bent, right spindle has greatly reduced caster, and shock is not centered in upper a arm. Right ski probably hit something causing this. Because of this the right ski sits rearward, compared to the left.

I'll bend the A-arm back and see. Probably still gonna pull the frame, look it over and re paint it

Agree with mountaintech. On a nytro i had a frame tweked a little and i was able to pry against the a arms with a bigh piece of square stock i had in the garage and it actually did straigten it out to be pretty close by measuring distances on a arms and an angle finder on the spindle untill it was good then put one of grizztracks gusset kits in it, has held up good to alot of hard pounding.

Also had an a arm tweaked a little and just bent it back on the phazer i got for my kid, i wasnt worried about really rough riding since hes just beginning riding and sled would not need to be really ruggex for that. I have put a few hundred miles on it pretty aggressive riding though and everything seems to be holding up fine.

I got some measurements off a 17 phazer xtx so I've got a place to start. If I can get into the garage tonight I'm gonna see about bending the A-arm back.

I searched for camber adjustment and didn't come up with much... Anyone have a good link to a thread on how to adjust

Unless u have aftermarket a arms the caster and camber are not adjustable. Spindle is mounted to non adjustable a arms. If u get ur a arm and frame straightened out then both sides should be the same, just use an angle finder to compare side to side.

Okay! Thanks!!!! I'll keep everyone updated as to what I find out from here

As a (sort of) master of Cobb jobs, lol, we hit lots of stuff in these parts, farmers fields with stuff beneath the snow...anyway, I've had good luck reversing the hits on trailing arm and a arms that aren't too bad. I strap the arm to a deck post, and strap the rear of the sled to something solid, then ratchet the strap tight, and then just sorta push on the strap, or jump on it..lol...gradually bending it back straight. If you know what I mean. Did try the backhoe once, but no feel.

Unless u have aftermarket a arms the caster and camber are not adjustable. Spindle is mounted to non adjustable a arms. If u get ur a arm and frame straightened out then both sides should be the same, just use an angle finder to compare side to side.

Are there even aftermarket a arms available for the Phazer?

Not sure if there are others but ive seen barkbusters for them, probably not much for caster adjustment but pretty sure u can set length to adjust camber.

Finally got the sled back together last night. The issue has been resolved with getting some new and used parts.

I replaced the Upper Right A-Arm, Tie Rod and lower A-Arm cause I F***** up the balljoint race. New lower and upper balljoint. Sent my uppers to Schdmit Bros to be re machined. I upgraded the bushings the Oil Lite Bronze bushings. Got the steering kit, A-Frame kit and tie rod kit from Schdmit Bros. I also got the Spindle Kit from UpBushmans.

After all this the sled handles so much better than last year!

I appreciate all the help that you guys gave me!! Now I just gotta get my new Riser on the sled and the new track!

Oh and Happy New Year Everyone!!!!!

Back