• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Possible Bent A-Arm and Tweaked Frame?

It is the angle the spindle is tilted back from vertical. Put a simple angle finder (inclinometer) on the top flat portion of the spindle to measure.

When I bent a lower A-arm it egged out the rear bolt hole on the frame pretty bad and I had to pull the frame to weld a washer over the hole to correct the geometry. That little 1/8" of movement in the bolt hole causes the balljoint end to be pulled back a good 1/2" which took out quite a few degrees of caster. I've had 2 hard hits on the same side the frame itself has stayed straight.

I noticed that a couple had egged out on me as well. I didn't do anything cause they weren't to bad but I will be welding a washer in!

Still have yet to get the caster degrees for you

Want to make it even better? Weld a nut instead. Did that to all four and removing them is a dream. Impossible to egg them ever again.

Want to make it even better? Weld a nut instead. Did that to all four and removing them is a dream. Impossible to egg them ever again.

Never even thought about that!!! I'll have to do that next year!

Back