• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Prepare to be blown away!

Wheelies are a suspension transfer indicator. Somewhere back in the 70's/80's when there was no suspension to speak of they were a sign of power. They are practically irrelevant to power today.
Yeah, and all the 850 POO and DOO guys think because they hoist the skis they have a ton or power!!!!

I was following my buddy on his 850 for 200km yesterday.. being so close to him I could see there handling is not like what they say it is..

I don’t know about other year sidewinder or t-cats but the 2020’s handle amazing flat in the corners..

Its true, my buddy has a pro s 137, doesnt handle that great. Your Nytro with the 129, steering relocate and split rails is probably one of the best handing sleds on the snow. I miss my Nytro that was setup similar.

Its true, my buddy has a pro s 137, doesnt handle that great. Your Nytro with the 129, steering relocate and split rails is probably one of the best handing sleds on the snow. I miss my Nytro that was setup similar.
Sold my Nytro a few years ago, handled great with the split rails but couldn’t handle the fuel range even with the trail tank, not sure how guys say they get well over 200km on a tank, ran out of gas to many times in northern Ontario.

Ive always been a guy who says it the way it is, I’ve been riding Yamaha sleds for 20 years and none come even close to the handling of my new sidewinder gt with single keel skis and snow trackers.

This 2020 sidewinder is truly a dream to ride..

Last edited:
I built a ‘13 Nytro project sled this year with a 137” Mono II skid with custom spring/valving under it, Hindle/Hurricane kit, steering relocate, and snow trackers on old school Yammy single keel skis. So far I’m really impressed with it, and don’t think it gives up much of anything to the newer Doos and Poos. I’d maybe like to try some aftermarket spindles, but that’s about it.

Sold my Nytro a few years ago, handled great with the split rails but could handle the fuel range even with the trail tank, not sure how guys say they get well over 200km on a tank, ran out of gas to many times in northern Ontario.

Ive always been a guy who says it the way it is, I’ve been riding Yamaha sleds for 20 years and none come even close to the handling of my new sidewinder gt with single keel skis and snow trackers.

This 2020 sidewinder is truly a dream to ride..

Yup. Thats the main reason I sold my Nytro too. I could make it about 170kms a tank, no more. Plus my nytro had a turbo, the mess of wiring was crazy in that sled. Yamaheaters, powercommander, launch control, boost lines. Still trying to get my winder to handle as good.

Yup. Thats the main reason I sold my Nytro too. I could make it about 170kms a tank, no more. Plus my nytro had a turbo, the mess of wiring was crazy in that sled. Yamaheaters, powercommander, launch control, boost lines. Still trying to get my winder to handle as good.
What skis are you using?

What skis are you using?

Cat skis now. They handled good with the OEM cat carbides. Put some shaper bars on per recommendations and it handled like garbage the last couple of days. I have some pilots I am going to try next. My buddy likes them on his cat turbos. My Nytro was far from stock obviously, but it handled considerably better than this sled does.

I stopped wasting money on different carbides after I tried snow trackers.

I dunno about the snowtrackers. I know people swear by them, I have only ridden an apex with them and I wasnt that impressed. It was a nuissance they way they caught on stuff, especially backing out of the trailer. If I cant find something that works better, I might have to get them on this sled, or go back to the tuners and adjust my driving for the push in corners. At least the tuners had light steering effort and zero darting.

I dunno about the snowtrackers. I know people swear by them, I have only ridden an apex with them and I wasnt that impressed. It was a nuissance they way they caught on stuff, especially backing out of the trailer. If I cant find something that works better, I might have to get them on this sled, or go back to the tuners and adjust my driving for the push in corners. At least the tuners had light steering effort and zero darting.A

I like the Tuner 3's on the trail but in a parking lot they're bad. OEM carbides. Anyone have carbides that would help that? no snowtrackers please.

I dunno about the snowtrackers. I know people swear by them, I have only ridden an apex with them and I wasnt that impressed. It was a nuissance they way they caught on stuff, especially backing out of the trailer. If I cant find something that works better, I might have to get them on this sled, or go back to the tuners and adjust my driving for the push in corners. At least the tuners had light steering effort and zero darting.
Current setup with the curves is back to slim jims, with the center spring tight, hole 2 from strap pulled up, and the front end loose..rebound to 5 clocks from soft, springs soft. The sled reacts much more to me as it rolls easy but reduces bite and ski lift which I hate. This is on hard fast cornering, off the gas, like when I'm heading into the toolies...but at trail speeds, handling, minimal darting and effort are very good!

I’m not sure as I haven’t had issues with trackers like some guys do, I trailer every weekend and my sled slides right off the trailer just by grabbing the dumper..

I was riding in your backyard yesterday if I would of known we could of met up and you could of tried the trackers on cat skis, I think you would of been impressed.

Back