• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Prepare to be blown away!

Try 6” dual slim jim’s on the cat skis, wife and I both have this setup and it works amazing. I actually put single carbides one the wife’s thinking it would be lighter steering for her, but ended up darting all over the place. Dual 6” slim jim’s work mint with cat skis.

Last edited:
Try 6” dual slim jim’s on the cat skis, wife and I both have this setup and it works amazing. I actually put single carbides one the wife’s thinking it would be lighter steering for her, but ended up darting all over the place. Dual 6” slim jim’s work mint with cat skis.
Few weeks ago I an into a few guys in Quebec with cat skis on their sidewinder and they had the dual 6” slim Jim’s and all had great things to say about them. Basically it’s the same concept of the trackers, kinda.

C&a or curves are the way to go for sure. I gave up playing with ski and carbide combinations because these just work
Nice looking skis! lol
2017-12-23 13.26.21.jpg

same set up as mine, they push a little but it is far better than anything else I have tried. easy steering, absolutely NO darting. Ben running this combo for @8000 miles

Sold my Nytro a few years ago, handled great with the split rails but couldn’t handle the fuel range even with the trail tank, not sure how guys say they get well over 200km on a tank, ran out of gas to many times in northern Ontario.

Ive always been a guy who says it the way it is, I’ve been riding Yamaha sleds for 20 years and none come even close to the handling of my new sidewinder gt with single keel skis and snow trackers.

This 2020 sidewinder is truly a dream to ride..
I'm using the Yamaha powder ski(single keel) with snow trackers. After hearing so much positive about the ST's I just had to give them a try. Only have had my sled out twice now, but so far I like them. The sled goes where I point it and doesn't push in the corners.
Still need more miles to give better review.

I dunno about the snowtrackers. I know people swear by them, I have only ridden an apex with them and I wasnt that impressed. It was a nuissance they way they caught on stuff, especially backing out of the trailer. If I cant find something that works better, I might have to get them on this sled, or go back to the tuners and adjust my driving for the push in corners. At least the tuners had light steering effort and zero darting.
True, that is the downfall of trackers. They grab everything when trying to back up, especially if you have a gravel driveway when it isn't froze up!

I'm using the Yamaha powder ski(single keel) with snow trackers. After hearing so much positive about the ST's I just had to give them a try. Only have had my sled out twice now, but so far I like them. The sled goes where I point it and doesn't push in the corners.
Still need more miles to give better review.
Looks like this turned into a ski thread lol..
Looking forward to your review..

same set up as mine, they push a little but it is far better than anything else I have tried. easy steering, absolutely NO darting. Ben running this combo for @8000 miles
the only time ours will push is if theres a significant amount of loose snow. other than that, they really do work great

This does make me wonder about all the refining that Yamaha worked on with their Japanese models the past few years. The throttle by wire, single shot, shock packages power steering their electronics, And the roller clutches on sidewinders. I think they have refined everything and are ready for some good stuff. Probably a 600 class sled, a blast level and phazer then replace the viper following year. But what do I know ‍♂️

I know. Was trying to change topic because it’s pretty settled solutions. The cat skis an the Yamaha skis all suck in anything but hard packed. Idk about Polaris but I don’t like 5.7 pilots either. Dual carbides numb skis up more. So it’s really how aggressive do you want it to be, i want it to turn, if it’s ez steering but sled doesn’t change directions it’s useless to me.

I was just havin a bit of fun. Lol I hope they do come out with something good and yes they have been making small changes, but we need a BIG change here, not just updates here and there.

We should see something from Yamaha around beginning of March. Sled shows in Quebec are March 9th so they’ll be revealing sometime before then.

You add them all together you get a new package with a refined version of procross. And their release is march 10

Back