• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder Guage Differences

cannondale27

Staff member
Vendor
Here:
Viper and Sidewinder Guage Operation Videos
https://ty4stroke.com/threads/guage-operation-videos.147610/#post-1355769
image.jpeg

*Important*
Sidewinder TPS reading is in Degrees and Viper is in % so when setting throttle freeplay take note since Viper will near 100% and Sidewinder 80 Deg. at full throttle.

Last edited:

Spoke too soon on the other thread. This is sweet. I love the diagnostic mode on the nytros. Looks like we have it back now.
Yes it's a nice guage. Only thing I see missing vs Nytro,Phazer,Apex is the CO adjustment. I bet there is a way but haven't figured it out yet.

Can we read A/F and turbo presure in the display ?
No AF since no O2 sensor but Boost should be available via the Map sensor. There is a formula you would have to use since it will show total I believe. Once I get my Viper together plan to make a guage operation video. Is more on the Sidewinder but majority is same. You get into diagnostic mode by holding the left and right bottom buttons down at same time then scroll through screen. This is off top of my head though. I invite someone to play with it and make a video. Would really be nice and just have not got around to it past few years as promised. Always is best if a nice looking woman with pretty voice does the vid. Thats definitly not me!

It would have been sweet if we could read A/F and boost pressure on the Sidewinder with the display. Sould be factory since it is a factory turbo so we dont have to by a A/F and boost gauge.

You can read Boost just have to do the math. I agree though. Not sure why they dont have it on in a prominent area. Maybe to discourage modding? Is some pretty smart people out there. I am sure its just a matter of time before someone hacks the guage and allows all those options and more. You guys do know there is a MAX rpm function right?

Everytime you shut the sled off its reset.What you do is whatever window you have rpm shown in"You can move it" You push the button next to rpm and hold it. That will show you the Max rpm and is accurate since guage reads slow as visible on readout. Max is accurate.

Push left and right lower buttons down at same time then hold. All this is better explained with a video. Long overdue.

Just tried it.
With key on press left and right bottom buttons on guage. This puts you in diagnostic mode
Using right side buttons scroll till map sensor is reached. Press button by select you now have map reading
Start sled read reading. I believe holding button by reading will give you max reading. Didn't check
That number will have to be converted to PSI after subtracting current baro you can use this converter.
http://www.calculator.org/property.aspx?name=pressure
Using a calculator or pen and paper

Convert MAP kPa to psig (gauge): MAP kPa x .145 − 14.5 (slightly above sea level) = PSIG

Lots of other thing in that mode also. No AFR though.

Last edited:
Wow,you the man cannondale27 nice find,and thanks for the conversion.

Back