• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sr Viper 2016 flash poll and Thread

Let us know how your Viper start when cold with the new ECU flash

• start instantly

Votes: 21 13.7%
  • Now it take 2 attemps to start

Votes: 114 74.5%
  • start better than before

Votes: 19 12.4%
  • no difference

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • My speedometer is now unaccurate

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • Has your sled stalled since latest flash

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Has Your sled had a extremely loud backfire since flash

Votes: 8 5.2%

• Total voters
I bought a Viper in 2014 and put the "for sale" sign on my Apex......

I also bought a 14 viper, but kept the apex. I turbocharged the viper this summer. The apex "might" be for sale now

my 2005 carbed vector idles and starts smoother then my Viper , which is just mind boggling and sad
Don't get me started on the carbs on that Vector. Having issues with our 06 right now. Cleaned carbs 3 separate times but still boggy when you pound on the throttle. Ran perfectly until now.

Don't get me started on the carbs on that Vector. Having issues with our 06 right now. Cleaned carbs 3 separate times but still boggy when you pound on the throttle. Ran perfectly until now.

Don't want to get off subject here so maybe take this over to the RS section. My first question would be did you sync the carbs?

Just talked to my dealer today. He said he heard about the new 19 flash and says it sounds promising.
It’s going to be available for all viper years.
He going to let me know as soon as it’s available.

Im gonna wait till 2020 before i even consider a new flash. Yamaha\cat has screwed this up so many times now im just gonna deal with what i have and let everybody else figure it out. Once i know for sure (2020) if i still have the sled i will get it flashed. Lol

Im gonna wait till 2020 before i even consider a new flash. Yamaha\cat has screwed this up so many times now im just gonna deal with what i have and let everybody else figure it out. Once i know for sure (2020) if i still have the sled i will get it flashed. Lol

Same, mines good now except the very first start of the day if it's colder than -10f. If its cooler than that I just hook up a pair of jumper cables off my truck an it starts first try instead of 2 or 3 tries.

How many flashes have there been? I have only had one. I have used a UCAP with great success

How many flashes have there been? I have only had one. I have used a UCAP with great success
4 I believe. I have had all of them. usually waited till after a few rides to do them for good comparison purposes. They have never caused any issue I couldnt deal with and the latest sure has to help the kickback issue.

Question. I have a LTX DX 2015, I am not having any issues, regarding flash , what issue or issues are you all having and does it apply to all years / models?

I'm not going to flash my 2015 LTX Viper...it always starts with less than a second of cranking and it idles pretty darn smooth. It's also has never kicked back. There has to be something other than the ECU mapping that is making others Vipers start and idle poorly..
Same boat as you , no starting, or overall issues at all 2015 LTX DX

Question, is this an issue with every year sr viper or? Reason I am asking is I have a 2015, and I am not seeing these issues. Thanks Charlie

Back