• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

steiner's Attak upgrades

Although the turbo one would be fun to ride, at least the one you bought has the good GYTR shocks. ;)!

I like the white seat but knowing how dirty and how much I have to clean the red on the two Apex seats, I can see keeping it clean will be a challenge; just would hate to dye over the graphic/wording that was added.

Also has the electric Ohlins in it. Not too excited about fixing the wire all the time.
Really like the blue and white combo, but like black and blue better

Also has the electric Ohlins in it. Not too excited about fixing the wire all the time.
Not directed at you @steiner, but I always have to chuckle when I hear others complain of their EC Shock cable breaking when I have over 20,000 miles on the original one in my 08 LTX GT. I've always followed that tech bulletin that Yamaha released outlining where to zip-tie the cable. I added a few extras but it's crazy to think that my EC shock cable outlasted the W-arm. :dunno:

ShockCable1.JPG

ShockCable2.JPG

Maybe I've been fortunate all these years as I do have a replacement cable after reading of others having had issues with theirs. I just wished it was the cable instead of the W arm as it would have been much cheaper to replace.

I hated the monoshock, chucked in the garbage many years ago. ZX2 for the win! Truly turned it from a GT tourer into a sporty sled capable of hanging with anything in any condition. It does work for many though so if it works run it, I do not miss skid maintenance though.

Nice look’n new ride @steiner. I’ve got a parts list for converting the EC Ohlins over to a manual hi/lo compression clicker instead of the silly servo. Shoot me a PM if you’d like it.

I'm with ya, that white is too much.

Nice job, had no idea you could paint the tunnel like that. I always hated how Yamaha would use the unfinished aluminum for their tunnels. Considering the amount of time I spend each year cleaning and polishing the tunnels on my Apex's (it's a labor of love :drink:), I would love to paint them to the point I considered a wrap. Did you out source this or did you do this yourself? If the latter, how hard was it?

Back