• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Taking the Winder out 1st time after pronouncing it fixed!—Strong NO!

kinger

VIP Member
Website
www.piergenius.com
Heading north to Hayward WI tomorrow! Wish me luck boys this is the 3rd trip with this sled and its failed every time! The difference this time is I went through the sled myself and found many issues. I am bringing my dragy and will be testing that out as well. If anyone is out and seems me stopped with hood off, come and get me please LOL. Likewise if you hear of a Raptor running over a sled, or a mysterious sled fire, you know it didn't run!! :drink:

I will report back on Sunday! I am hoping for 200-300 miles with no breakdowns....fingers crossed!

2017 winder 558 miles :(

Lets hope I can add 50% of the total in one trip LOL!

last post shows coolant in oil again Ugh i hate this thing..

Last edited:

Heading north to Hayward WI tomorrow! Wish me luck boys this is the 3rd trip with this sled and its failed every time! The difference this time is I went through the sled myself and found many issues. I am bringing my dragy and will be testing that out as well. If anyone is out and seems me stopped with hood off, come and get me please LOL. Likewise if you hear of a Raptor running over a sled, or a mysterious sled fire, you know it didn't run!! :drink:

I will report back on Sunday! I am hoping for 200-300 miles with no breakdowns....fingers crossed!

GOOD Luck!

Good luck. Bring your matches........and make sure your premiums are paid.

Don't use all the snow up, we will be there next Wednesday :)

I hope you love it and double your miles and with BROAD SMILES......you’ve been through the ringer with this sled may the gremlins be GONE and have a safe fun ride.

i just got back from 4 days in Hayward. Pretty minimal conditions, lots of rocks and ground showing. Need lots of snow (like pretty much everywhere). Lakes are flat and fast. Ride forestry roads out east of Chippewa for best riding. Rocks are hard on studs and wear rods!

Well no good...stranded in the bar. Its still eating coolant mixing it with the oil. As soon as it drinks it and gets low enough it goes in and out of limp mode. The picture was after 60 miles. Now with almost 90 the oil level continues to rise. Same problem since day 1! Two new motors, 3 new head gaskets 1 of those with ARP. 2nd Head was checked by a machine shop for flatness and pressure.

I am at a loss....

C29398F6-BF23-4158-A61C-78710C552528.jpeg

Well no good...stranded in the bar. Its still eating coolant mixing it with the oil. As soon as it drinks it and gets low enough it goes in and out of limp mode. The picture was after 60 miles. Now with almost 90 the oil level continues to rise. Same problem since day 1! Two new motors, 3 new head gaskets 1 of those with ARP. 2nd Head was checked by a machine shop for flatness and pressure.

I am at a loss....

View attachment 158715

Kinger,
Did you check your head for cracks, a few of them had a small crack at the coolant plug on top of the head between the cams. Like plug was over tighten from factory. There’s a post on arctic-chat.

If that's not the true definition of buying a lemon, I don't know what is. :dunno:

The only answer is a brand new crate motor to eliminate any problems. We need to start a go fund me for this. These sleds are a blast but this isn’t fun anymore.

Back