• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tired Of Sloppy Steering At Plastic Bushing And Steel Collar

I have been reading through this thread and i am interesting in getting this done too, I have a couple questions though.

Is everyone still having great success with this kit? and if so, how much slop does this kit take out of the steering?

Thanks

Mine are still working great.I would say about 1/2 the slop is removed at the bars depending on condition of the other joints in your steering maybe even better than 1/2.Big improvement.Helps make sled feel quality.

cannondale27 said:
Mine are still working great.I would say about 1/2 the slop is removed at the bars depending on condition of the other joints in your steering maybe even better than 1/2.Big improvement.Helps make sled feel quality.

Perfect, just the info I was looking for. Il order a set.
Thanks!

cannondale27 said:

How would i get the other half of the slop out of there?

Yes this is the big one then balljoints,spindle ski pivots,steering stem,tierod ends in that order.Rest guy pretty much has to live with.I do know that my outer tierod bolts constantly were loose till I put the Nordlocks on them.Is fixes for all the rest also.

cannondale27 said:
Yes this is the big one then balljoints,spindle ski pivots,steering stem,tierod ends in that order.Rest guy pretty much has to live with.I do know that my outer tierod bolts constantly were loose till I put the Nordlocks on them.Is fixes for all the rest also.

Great, Thanks. I have one of these kits on the way and looking forward to taking out of the slop out. Thanks guys!

cannondale27 said:
Yes this is the big one then balljoints,spindle ski pivots,steering stem,tie rod ends in that order.Rest guy pretty much has to live with.I do know that my outer tierod bolts constantly were loose till I put the Nordlocks on them.Is fixes for all the rest also.

I think that was part of my problem too? Did your holes for the tie rod end (on your spindle) oval out? I'm pretty sure mine did. I'll have to get some Nordlocks, i just threw some external lock washers on it for now, that's as good as i had in my tool box.
Nordlocks are the whole nut right? Do you have the size/pitch?
Thanks, Mike.

thanks for the feedback yam177 abusive race testing is great information for others to have confidence in the product. marpolsdofer also has them in his race Phazer and will report back after some races.

I just finished installing my kit. The results so far are amazing. Most of the slop has been taken out and the kit was vary well made.

Looking forward to trying it out on the trail!

Thanks UP bushman, great work!

I've got 1000km on mine and still tight. I had some looseness on the right but when I opened it up the tie rod bolt had slacked off. Locktite and retighten - woot. Starting to notice wear in my spindles now. Might be time for the other kit.

Back