• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tired Of Sloppy Steering At Plastic Bushing And Steel Collar

Geeze! Looks like the bearings aren't causing the slop it's all in the pivot forward of them. Grease fitting and shim those and you should be good.

Geeze! Looks like the bearings aren't causing the slop it's all in the pivot forward of them. Grease fitting and shim those and you should be good.

You'll have to be more specific, I'm one of those guys who sucks with mechanical terminology. You mean put in a grease fitting? and put a shim where?

thanks!

Here I am just pulling one ski side-to-side with the Yamaha kit:
That play or slop you are seeing is not in the Yamaha bearings it is in the forward pivots where they have vertical play. I just installed the Yamaha bearing kit and that is what I am seeing. G.B.

You'll have to be more specific, I'm one of those guys who sucks with mechanical terminology. You mean put in a grease fitting? and put a shim where?

thanks!

I have been searching for the pics and post. It's here somewhere! Anyway yes I shimmed both the pivots without bearings. Also added grease fittings to both. Has worked great. No slop anywhere except the dog one link.

What is the full name of the Yami fix kit? Just so I can order one from my local dealer.

I have been searching for the pics and post. It's here somewhere! Anyway yes I shimmed both the pivots without bearings. Also added grease fittings to both. Has worked great. No slop anywhere except the dog one link.
what did you use for shims?

Ok I saw some "general purpose machine bushings" at our local Bolt Supply store, they look just like what you have there. They had them in lots of sizes and thicknesses. I will pull those parts out and take them to the store one of these days, and post which ones fit and how many. Thanks again guys.

UP how much would 2 of your kits be shipped to zip 03229 Contoocook NH

Back