• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Where does it OFFICIALLY say Apex is being dropped?

I am from the sportbike world and the indestructible, absolutely bullet proof, precision made, Japanese engineered, R1 (apex) engine is what sold me. On top of the bullet proof easy 25,000 plus millage engine, the incredible fit and finish of the body etc. You get every single dime's worth. Every dime.
707a97793a6527c74aecfd8e82e009c0--motorcycle-babes-motorbike-girl.jpg
I have several sportbikes including my third R1. Love tbe motor!

Attachments

• 20170428_113406.jpg
    20170428_113406.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 96

Me too! You guys have gotten my spirits up and hope again. Maybe the reason they didn't celebrate the 50th much and no more advertising etc. is they are spending the $ and time making that lightweight,4cyl 200hp,gear reduction, Crossplane apex with ZPS suspension modeled after the Trophy trucks. Low with big travel. SRXII.
I'll be first in line!

may i remind you the sidewinder was kept secret till launch,just saying

I for one would love to see Yamaha come out with a Apex replacement (pure Yamaha). I have read all the posts in this thread and agree with basically everything I read. Even the comments about how Yamaha isn't listening and won't cut the weight down. Maybe/probably that statement is correct. I'm one of those riders who doesn't care about weight. I don't go off trail and don't plan on it. Those of us here are a small minority of the potential customers who take the time to come on these forums. I bet there is many more who like most of us don't care about the weight and love the Apex line of sleds. Super reliable, nice riding, fast, comfortable. I don't care about going the fastest in the twisties. Love to air it out on nice high speed trails. The apex XTX shines on those trails. I have a 2011 Apex XTX and a 2012 Apex XTX. I will not trade them in or replace them until I like something better. Up to the 2012 Model year I used to buy a new sled every year. I am interested in the design improvements with the suspension since then but it wasn't enough to replace my sleds. The only Yamicat I bought was for my son. He wanted the Viper and it was the last sled I was going to buy for him. Basically a college graduation present. It had a recall and a oil leak that had to be fixed twice. I NEVER had any recalls or oil leaks on any of my pure bred sleds. Anyway, I'm hoping for some new Apex replacement in the future...

I for one would love to see Yamaha come out with a Apex replacement (pure Yamaha). I have read all the posts in this thread and agree with basically everything I read. Even the comments about how Yamaha isn't listening and won't cut the weight down. Maybe/probably that statement is correct. I'm one of those riders who doesn't care about weight. I don't go off trail and don't plan on it. Those of us here are a small minority of the potential customers who take the time to come on these forums. I bet there is many more who like most of us don't care about the weight and love the Apex line of sleds. Super reliable, nice riding, fast, comfortable. I don't care about going the fastest in the twisties. Love to air it out on nice high speed trails. The apex XTX shines on those trails. I have a 2011 Apex XTX and a 2012 Apex XTX. I will not trade them in or replace them until I like something better. Up to the 2012 Model year I used to buy a new sled every year. I am interested in the design improvements with the suspension since then but it wasn't enough to replace my sleds. The only Yamicat I bought was for my son. He wanted the Viper and it was the last sled I was going to buy for him. Basically a college graduation present. It had a recall and a oil leak that had to be fixed twice. I NEVER had any recalls or oil leaks on any of my pure bred sleds. Anyway, I'm hoping for some new Apex replacement in the future...
There IS many like you out there. Dont take this wrong but most of them are older and WISER and another group is BigTime HighMilers. I still like to hit the Bumps,jumps and Corners hard. But I am getting up there in age and I know that a Apex is what I would call my retirement sled of future. Enjoying the big miles is starting to become a priority for me. All we can do is hope.

There IS many like you out there. Dont take this wrong but most of them are older and WISER and another group is BigTime HighMilers. I still like to hit the Bumps,jumps and Corners hard. But I am getting up there in age and I know that a Apex is what I would call my retirement sled of future. Enjoying the big miles is starting to become a priority for me. All we can do is hope.

I totally get what you say. I am in the high mile, go fast WHEN I WANT and that is NO LONGER in the bumps or twisty trails anymore. Just warning you young guys of the change to come.
Basically I see it like this, Bumps, jumps and twisty riding is ATHLETIC. I now know I am no longer a capable athlete so I like a sled that is a railing smooth rocket that I can still do well and love it.

The good news is don’t worry guys you will still love riding you will just love other parts of it.

I was at my dealer here in QC on Thursday watching them unbox my new XTX. The owners are good friends of mine with the two brothers being the Sales manager and the Service Manager. I was in the shop checking out my sled and the sales Manager Alain came to see me and said “come with me I have someone you need to meet” I go into his office and there are two Japanese guys one younger and one older and another guy with them. I’m not great with names especially japanese ones but he introduced me to these guys, one was head of Yamaha in Quebec and the younger japanese guy was Vice President of Yamaha Canada, long story short...I expressed to him that this new Apex is my fourth new Apex and I am not happy to have this be the last year of its run. He spoke good english and although I’m not gonna say he gave me any exact information he did use the line “you aint seen nothing yet” I told him I bleed blue but, for me I will switch to BRP before I ride a Yamacat and he laughed. I told him if it’s not built in Japan and ALL Yamaha then it’s not for me and I am not the only one who feels this way. They are selling lots of Sidewinders for sure but Viper sales are down this year. He said to be patient and he does not think this 2018 will be the last time the Apex motor is in a all Yamaha sled. Take it for what it’s worth. Only time will tell.

For me here in Quebec riding the big trails, big miles 5-10k miles a year and I am strictly a groomed trail rider, the Apex is it. I leave on each trip knowing I am riding back on my Apex XTX no worries. I don’t care about weight so all you that are so weight conscious “good for you” it means nothing to me. Don’t waste your time telling me “it’s too heavy, same sled it been since 2006 blah blah blah” save your breath. Go to the Sidewinder or Viper section and talk to each other about how great your less than half Yamaha’s are.

I was at my dealer here in QC on Thursday watching them unbox my new XTX. The owners are good friends of mine with the two brothers being the Sales manager and the Service Manager. I was in the shop checking out my sled and the sales Manager Alain came to see me and said “come with me I have someone you need to meet” I go into his office and there are two Japanese guys one younger and one older and another guy with them. I’m not great with names especially japanese ones but he introduced me to these guys, one was head of Yamaha in Quebec and the younger japanese guy was Vice President of Yamaha Canada, long story short...I expressed to him that this new Apex is my fourth new Apex and I am not happy to have this be the last year of its run. He spoke good english and although I’m not gonna say he gave me any exact information he did use the line “you aint seen nothing yet” I told him I bleed blue but, for me I will switch to BRP before I ride a Yamacat and he laughed. I told him if it’s not built in Japan and ALL Yamaha then it’s not for me and I am not the only one who feels this way. They are selling lots of Sidewinders for sure but Viper sales are down this year. He said to be patient and he does not think this 2018 will be the last time the Apex motor is in a all Yamaha sled. Take it for what it’s worth. Only time will tell.

For me here in Quebec riding the big trails, big miles 5-10k miles a year and I am strictly a groomed trail rider, the Apex is it. I leave on each trip knowing I am riding back on my Apex XTX no worries. I don’t care about weight so all you that are so weight conscious “good for you” it means nothing to me. Don’t waste your time telling me “it’s too heavy, same sled it been since 2006 blah blah blah” save your breath. Go to the Sidewinder or Viper section and talk to each other about how great your less than half Yamaha’s are.
If he said that then we at least have someone in corporate fighting with us to save the Apex. Knowing and talking to some of the Corporate Japanese dont ever take anything they say lightly. They dont say much but what they do say they mean fully. Great to hear trailhed1!

Very good news. I hope it happens!

HOPE

I have an Apex XTX 13 new to me, I hope to love like I did my prior Apex, and have loved my 15 Viper as well.
I am set until they unveil the Next Best Thing. Although I did love those winders I rode.

Wow so many options!

Yamadoo

Well if noone else will say it i will. I love my apex.....but yes i think there must be a way yamaha can lighten up the apex and still keep the SAME quality......they're just got to be willing to try. And im not thinking a few pounds......thats no different then a good dump.....im talking 100 lbs. Just stop for a minute guys and really think what that would mean for riding these sleds. Shed 100lbs and keep ALL the quality. .....WOW !!!
Thats the challenge i think we all need to present to yamaha corp.
All you guys that say they dont care about weight im sure would change theire mind if they could drive one 100lbs lighter. Dont be stubborn guys.....it would make every part of riding an apex a better experience.....and watch sales explode. There wouldnt be a need then to end the apex because of low sales.

Well if noone else will say it i will. I love my apex.....but yes i think there must be a way yamaha can lighten up the apex and still keep the SAME quality......they're just got to be willing to try. And im not thinking a few pounds......thats no different then a good dump.....im talking 100 lbs. Just stop for a minute guys and really think what that would mean for riding these sleds. Shed 100lbs and keep ALL the quality. .....WOW !!!
Thats the challenge i think we all need to present to yamaha corp.
All you guys that say they dont care about weight im sure would change theire mind if they could drive one 100lbs lighter. Dont be stubborn guys.....it would make every part of riding an apex a better experience.....and watch sales explode. There wouldnt be a need then to end the apex because of low sales.
Power and lots of it makes any sled feel light. But you are right. Lighter but stronger is the way.

Back