• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Would you buy an all new 2014 Yamaha sled if...

vector06 said:
devinzz1 said:
my 2 stroker has 20000km on original engine and still running strong. who has a 4 stroke that even has that much?

I know of about ten right off the top of my head. My wifes Vector has 16,500 kilometers on it and never missed a beat. If your 2-smoke really has that many kilometers on it it is a one in a million and you better be carrying a leash. Your gonna need it. This is from a guy who care care less what anyone rides.

oh i do. and its been used before dont worry. The ol redhead is one solid engine indeed

my 2004 warrior had 21000 km
my 09 vector has 20000 km
my 07 phazer has 24000 km
my friends venture has 46000 km and his 2012 vector has 12000 km
is that enough for ya
then look at the guys breaking records on yamaha 4s,like nick keller,hondo,etc
and we need better sleds,c'mon

pat the rat said:
is that enough for ya

how and where do you get a chance to ride that many klicks in so little time!?!?

12000km in one year!

To me Yamaha builds the perfect groomed trail sleds. However, when the going gets rough and/or slow, aka a Saturday evening pretty much anywhere, that's where the other three makers shine with their far better chassis' and suspensions.

devinzz1 said:
my 2 stroker has 20000km on original engine and still running strong. who has a 4 stroke that even has that much?

I have 17,000 miles. Thats well over 20,000k. I wonder though just what this magical 2 smoke is? Oh I have seen 2 smokes with high miles, they are out there. Not a lot of them and any I have seen or heard of are all older motors with smaller displacement.

The new high strung non oiled bearing style just don't seem to last.

I got into a pretty hairy situation with my 600 lbs sled and surprisingly got out OK. Spring conditions in deep granular stuff starting uphill. Just have to know your limitations as well as your sled's. Granted, I have a 144X16 track and I'm not lightweight either :-o . Of course I'll never take my sled into the mountains because I know these limitations unless I put us both on a serious diet :drink:

Sasquatch said:
devinzz1 said:

I have 17,000 miles. Thats well over 20,000k. I wonder though just what this magical 2 smoke is? Oh I have seen 2 smokes with high miles, they are out there. Not a lot of them and any I have seen or heard of are all older motors with smaller displacement.

the magical 2 smoke is a 97 vmax 700sx

devinzz1 said:
Sasquatch said:
devinzz1 said:

knew it had to be a yamaha

devinzz1 said:
pat the rat said:
is that enough for ya

how and where do you get a chance to ride that many klicks in so little time!?!?

12000km in one year!
that vector was bought new by a friend of mine in mid january,he left from northern ontario and drove to your neck of the wood,he did quebec,all the eastern provinces and labrador and back,41 days total,he had some rough going in some places,if you dont beleive me,its ok,myself i average 5000 to 6000 km a season,that's all i do in the winter,i dont fish,i dont play hockey,i SNOWMOBILE,the phazer is my wifes sled,and she follows me everywhere

NO, wouldn't even consider it. I like to ride 2-3k + miles per year, every single weekend, every day I have off that we have snow. So reliability is my #1 concern when buying a new sled. Besides reliability, I prefer the power band of the 4's and I like not having to worry about oil other than once every summer. ;)!

I dont under stand why some people think yamaha's sleds dont handle well. I have rode all of the other brands and they all have good and bad things about them. Most of the cat guys i know dont like the pro-cross and they say it is not as dependable as previous models. Polaris guys i ride with seam to have to reflash there ecu's every weekend. Not to mention neither one of them can get more than 500 miles on a $120.00 belt. Skidoo has had an ill handeling sled ever since they went to the xp platform and engine durability is non existant. So ok yamaha has had one model in there line up that isnt up to snuff, thats fine i will fix what needs to be fixed not bitch about no new sleds and keep on riding. There are alot worse things we all could be doing imo.

I dont under stand why some people think yamaha's sleds dont handle well. I have rode all of the other brands and they all have good and bad things about them. Most of the cat guys i know dont like the pro-cross and they say it is not as dependable as previous models. Polaris guys i ride with seam to have to reflash there ecu's every weekend. Not to mention neither one of them can get more than 500 miles on a $120.00 belt. Skidoo has had an ill handeling sled ever since they went to the xp platform and engine durability is non existant. So ok yamaha has had one model in there line up that isnt up to snuff, thats fine i will fix what needs to be fixed not bitch about no new sleds and keep on riding. There are alot worse things we all could be doing imo.

devinzz1 said:
Sasquatch said:
devinzz1 said:

I had one of these when they first came out it had 23000 kilometers on it when i sold it and had a 2001 700 sxr and it had over 20000 kilometers on it when i sold it.Bought them both brand new and at about 10000 kilometers the water pump housing started to leak on the 97 a twenty doller fix...never had to replace anything on the clutches just bushings and bearings in the front and rear suspensions,and believe me these sleds were not babied! And for the record i sold a 2003 last winter that had over 33000 kilometers never had any issues with the engine.

vip9 said:

I agree we proved that this year in XC racing :) Heck Kody Malanburg put a Nytro to the top of the Jackson Hill climb only 60 sleds the whole weekend did it!

Here is a shot from Warraod seems to be able to go through the rough pretty fast. The IQ on the other side had some trouble though.. :)

Attachments

• warroad100.jpg
    warroad100.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 124

Back