• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XS 825 shakedown

This is the same tune I have and having issues getting the RPMs to be where they need to be. Empty DTA1s and still at 8450-8550 on long bare track pulls. Might have to get the grinder out!

How many miles on the belt mine was only hitting 8500-600 until I got 200 miles on. And what psi you seeing on your gauge I was at 17.9 last night at full throttlle

This is the same tune I have and having issues getting the RPMs to be where they need to be. Empty DTA1s and still at 8450-8550 on long bare track pulls. Might have to get the grinder out!

How many miles on the belt mine was only hitting 8500-600 until I got 200 miles on. And what psi you seeing on your gauge I was at 17.9 last night at full throttlle.

Do you look at your rpm through your pull does it hit hit 8800-9k when you whack the throttle or does hit just hit 8500 rpm

700 miles on the belt now and hitting high 17s for PSI. Go to the 8JP and hitting 9000-9100

Huh that's weird mine was hitting 9350 then drop to 9100 with 8jp with dtay1s loaded to 78.5 mine from initial whack of throttle I see high 18 psi then settles to high 17. What secondary spring you running and primary

I’m thinking I may have to drop down to a QAY-70 from DTYA-1 while running this XS belt. When I stab the throttle it hits 8900, then drops to 8300, then climbs back up to 8500. Can’t believe how much RPM this belt drops!
If I were still running STM weights, I’d move weight to the heel to help, but since im assuming you shouldn’t move the slugs towards the heel (must burry them in the tip??) I’m wondering if a loaded up QAY-70 might have a better balance of weight and help my rpm issue. Either that or start grinding my DTAY-1’s to get some weight off.

I wouldn't hesitate to move that weight around in the hole. Find where you like it and blue loc-tite it

I wouldn't hesitate to move that weight around in the hole. Find where you like it and blue loc-tite it

Thanks Stan, I am imaging you just count the number of turns and make sure all three are the same?

That is what I would do. I was just starting to play with slug placement on my Daltons when I switched to a TAPP

I am running the DTAY-1 empty with the XS belt, I am seeing 9050 to start dropping down to 8950 and holding. I have around 350 mile on the belt at this time.

Back