• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMAHA SELLS OUT NYTRO MOTOR

This is how I see the supposed sell out, boost sales through sled sales and engine sales to cat during a difficult fiscal year or years for that matter and forward the funds towards r and d of a new platform and possibly engines to replace the current engine lineup.

journeyman said:
What are trying to say banks? Cat is using their clutches and Yamaha is using their clutches. What part of that don't you see?

http://www.arcticcat.com/snow/category/aggressivetrail

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/produ ... specs.aspx

Also I noticed that the Yamaha uses a C shaped brace from the bulhead to the back portion of the skid. Not sure but I did not see that on Cat's photos of the breakdown of the skid. I would assume this is to reduce torsional twist.

I am saying they are going to use the same clutches and Yamaha helped Cat fix the problem.

Banks93 wrote:

You buy the coolaid. They are the exact same sleds. They aren't going to switch clutches and drives. The only thing different will be the paint on the tunnels and the plastic, stickers, head lights. Funny how Artic Cat has the clutch information on the website.

Still not making sense. :o|
Are you saying both sleds come with Nytro motor and Cat clutches OR both sleds come with Nytro motor and Yamaha clutches?

When you go back and read your statement that's what it sounds like.

I think it's pretty clear that the Yamaha has the Nytro motor w/ Yamaha clutches and the CAT has the Nytro motor w/ CAT clutches.

I think for the first time ever we're going to be able to see a head to head comparo between Cat and Yamie clutching with the same hp/torque. Should be interesting. Clutches from Japan =good, clutches from China=no good

Dan

BOUNTYHUNTER said:
sledhead23 said:
Now I am mad at Yamaha

ME TO...@ YOU!!!!

I deleted your OTHER POST......There IS NO REASON FOR IT as your having your say right here....

..H.A.N.D.
:mod:

It's too bad, because the other post had a great discussion going on without anyone "bashing"

Dano does have a good point on having a direct comparison with drive systems. What I was saying before though was that I didn't believe it was Yamaha's smartest decision to amalgamate there technology without keeping their product distinctive from AC.

blue er said:
let them have the 1049 never really liked it anyways, hopefully replacement yammy engine gonna rock

What's not to like about the 1049CC 3 cylinder?? It's good crazy torque, is smooth and reliable!! Rode an 07 Apex this weekend and although it had a bit more pull there really wasnt that much of a difference. Love my Nytro!! :4STroke: :Rockon:

I wish yamaha added more of there own DNA. Platform sharing is commen and normal.

Pontiac Vibe built by GM= Toyata matrix built by Toyata
Subaru BRz built by Subaru = Toyata FzR built by Toyata
WV golf =Audi A3
Audi R8 = Lamborghini galardo
Alfa = Chrysler 200
VW touregg, Audi Q7, Porsche cayenne

But in each off those ventures that are made in there individual factories and they all have there own DNA and target market.

Yamaha did not add any enough of there own DNA to seperate themselfs from Cats sled, GYTR shocks, tunner skies, there own speedos on and on....but most importantly not assembled by themselves.

Daranello said:
I wish yamaha added more of there own DNA. Platform sharing is commen and normal.

Pontiac Vibe built by GM= Toyata matrix built by Toyata
Subaru BRz built by Subaru = Toyata FzR built by Toyata
WV golf =Audi A3
Audi R8 = Lamborghini galardo
Alfa = Chrysler 200
VW touregg, Audi Q7, Porsche cayenne

But in each off those ventures that are made in there individual factories and they all have there own DNA and target market.

Yamaha did not add any enough of there own DNA to seperate themselfs from Cats sled, GYTR shocks, tunner skies, there own speedos on and on....but most importantly not assembled by themselves.

Looks like Yamaha clutching and the motor which is the heart of the sled. I think they added quite a bit to the DNA. I too wish they had kept the original general forum post. I respect that people don't like it. Probably 5 years ago I'd have wavered on whether I liked it but not now.

That said I have seen some pretty ridiculous posts out there about it. Oh well, no one can say that Yamaha and Cat didn't stir up the pot this year! :sled1:

Yamaha got a 2 model year matured platform that us Cat owners got to R&D for them. I'd say it was a win/win for both companies. It costs tons of money for any kind of R&D for a new platform. The sled handles really nice. 1049 will be a nice powerplant for the chassis. I don't see where Yamaha owes anything to its followers other than well engineered, reliable sleds. BTW, the clutches for '14 are being sourced domestically.

Actual SR Viper with clutches exposed and image from Cat's website of their clutches. Keep in mind Yamaha/Cat must have designed a new jackshaft for the Yamaha secondary to fit onto it. Yamaha uses a splined shaft, not sure on the current Cats but they used to use a key and keyway.

Attachments

• clutch_composite_cat.png
    clutch_composite_cat.png
    115.5 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_0572.JPG
    IMG_0572.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 118
Daranello said:
It's too bad, because the other post had a great discussion going on without anyone "bashing"

Sorry Daranello......This looked like the First Thread he posted, so I deleted the other one....was too much work to C&P that stuff into one big thread.

Just repost what you had on the other one if it needs to be on this one
:sled1:

change is for the greater good (even tho its not a change that you would like to see). I would love to see all snowmobile company's stop fighting and produce the perfect sled for every aspect of riding.

yamaha realized they needed to do something to bring people back into the dealerships, and guess what... they are doing it.

just because yamaha mixed there kool-aid with Cats doesnt mean its not going to taste bad
I mix cherry and orange koolaid together and it tastes good! and by cherry i mean yamaha's motor and by orange I mean cat's float suspension.

my nytro the only thing that is actually yamaha now is the engine, the cast aluminum plates, tunnel and front suspension. I hate the tunnel and front suspension so they are getting replaced this summer with better products. yamaha did the same thing this year...

Back