• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 AK sled build

I've been sick for couple days and had time to think everything around.. My next long sled project in future is going to be around apex engine. I have one rs vector frame as a sketch and there is one point to start it. I really like apex engine and it's behaviour. I bet Nikolai will see what I mean when gets to drive any decent apex engined sled. We are looking supercharger for my brothers apex, turbo is also one option. There is allready so much throttle response that when sled gets grip you really have to hold on...

Been busy camping every weekend with the baby! It's so much fun, she loves riding in the Ranger.
05DDA6B6-4EAC-4F43-B889-EFEE5A9CB0C5_zpsm4iz3xbt.jpg

C60CDA56-FB3C-4434-8F82-49E3D93BDF07_zps9xyc7duz.jpg

D8A4A092-40B3-4158-8303-51580A0672F6_zpsdyw9qnt7.jpg

8820133C-6005-4BA6-A5D0-005F67BC7E42_zpsh0lgj8fq.jpg

C8518D31-7D8D-4A42-B4BA-7D093A4FCE51_zpsn6thz8d8.jpg

FA1896B1-95D8-40CE-A2DE-DFD635F9505A_zpsgo4ybrby.jpg

A7185CDC-3A0E-4CEF-B4FE-3F9AFDCF9345_zpsn64xf2ri.jpg

5FC48164-974A-420F-9FF0-D6BB6E964C1D_zpsa33tflgr.jpg

BD589B6D-112F-4802-A934-CB660F22A820_zpsiaqa0bcr.jpg

I started working on the sled again. Believe it or not I do want to finish it. Photobucket sucks so I’m giving Imgur a try.

Edit: So IMGUR isn’t going to work and neither does FlickR. I will keep looking for a free website to host pictures. In the meantime I’ll update without pictures I guess.

Last edited:
I started working on the sled again. Believe it or not I do want to finish it. Photobucket sucks so I’m giving Imgur a try.

Edit: So IMGUR isn’t going to work and neither does FlickR. I will keep looking for a free website to host pictures. In the meantime I’ll update without pictures I guess.
Host them here. Then you know they wont be lost. If using apple put on cloud and they will be resized if downloaded from there. If using Microsoft download the pic resizer from Microsoft PowerToyz then you can just right click and resize the pics to med size.

Read the FAQ and downloaded an app called Image Size to resize the photos to 768 x 1024 and it seems to work. Looks like I’m back in business.

Got the tunnel skin trimmed a couple days ago and I’m welding on the tube portion now.

Not a new build, going to finish the Nytro.

Right now I’m adding weight. Welding in some additional tubing to the rear of the tunnel and reworking it so it’s stronger. Want it to hold up to rolls down the mountain and jumps.

My Nytro will not get done. Just to many things I wanted to fix. It wasn’t setup well to do steering, it was never built using a jig so the subframe isn’t straight, lots of uneccessary weight from reusing parts of the subframe and making changes throughout the years, didn’t like having to use the diecast sides, ect

So I have been working on a Nyper jig. I will post progress pics probably sometime after Christmas. Taking my time on the JIG so it comes out perfect.

- Chassis width will remain stock Nytro/Apex at 16-9/16 for ease of installing factory Apex chaincase setup without any modifications. Keeps costs low, bulletproof setup, and dealer has parts in stock.
- Grafting Nytro bulkhead with Viper front clip. Right now it looks like the motor will sit about 4” lower in my chassis then in the Viper.
- I will reuse my .040 7075 tunnel skin, modified front cooler, rear cooler, running boards and seat/turbo frame. This will save me a ton of time and reuse a lot of the parts I have hours of labor into.

I’ve got it grafted together enough right now with the motor installed to get an idea of the tubework. There won’t be much and it will be simple in design.

Nice, looking forward to the picks. Glad your finally done trying to make the Nytro into something that it could never be.

Back