• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022 Sidewinder ltx eps - getting rid of push

I like semi aggressive best personally. I tell guys that insist on the agg that you always have to be on your "A" game in the corner with aggressive. If you get lazy with aggressives they will get even the best of riders. The semi are much more forgiving if there is some push and then bite.

The aggressives can be quite squirrely if trails are set real hard/icey with minimal snow and the correctors do not make contact with anything. With the aggressives being taller it increases chances of correctors being ineffective.

The tuner sets I sell that are sold by most are the aggressive, but they are considered aggressive due to the quantity of carbide. With two runners there is more carbide than a single keel kit. The critical thing to note is the depth of the tuner aggressive is not as deep as a single keel kit which allows them to behave more like a semi kit.
I think I will start looking for a second set of skis. There is no perfect combo. One set for the f'd up trail days, and one set for more normal days.

Travis, do you have semi-aggressive on your new sled with the stock ski or did you switch to Cat.

I think I will start looking for a second set of skis. There is no perfect combo. One set for the f'd up trail days, and one set for more normal days.

Travis, do you have semi-aggressive on your new sled with the stock ski or did you switch to Cat.

I think my 5.7R Doo single keel and Aggressive SnowTrackers are the perfect combo. Only thing thats not perfect is I don't run them in low snow conditions if I can help it. The correctors wear quicker than the host bar taking away the easy steering and anti darting once they are worn down so I try and keep them out of the plowed fields our trails run on.

I finally put on a new set of trackers yesterday. The old set that has well over 10,000 miles on only had the host bar worn an 1/8", it was getting down close to the point of a semi-aggressive and wanted to push in the corners more than I liked, and the correctors were toast.

I don't have any of the concerns or abnormalities with Aggressive SnowTrackers that some of these yahoos are complaining about, and there are not many riders that can hang with me when we're "getting after it". I've had guys sweating their butts off trying to hang while I feel I'm just having a "spirited ride". LOL! There are a couple of us that can pass everyone up and make it look easy. If you don't have a turbo it seems the rest of them just can't hang. And I'm kind of amazed that the Doo guys are really as far back as they are, even if they do have a massive turbo! The Cat chassis with a proper setup is truly the cross country king and nothing else can run with it.

Last edited:
Anyone got reports on how curve xs work compared to other skis,.especially when the trail.becomes soft.

Anyone got reports on how curve xs work compared to other skis,.especially when the trail.becomes soft.
For what it’s worth I love my curves. They stead like a slot car in loose snow and are amazing of trail

Breaking trail across open fields I can comfortably drive 30-35 mph faster with curves compared to tuners

I’m going to try them on my 22 XTX and am sure I’m going to like the results

Our snow is generally cold and sugary

So its all about compromises as we are figuring out. I've got my t-cat extremely dialed in, to the point last night that I was on an absolute highway hard pack. With my 10" shapers I could just plant and absolutely rail those corners.

Would I lose that if I go to curves? I want the best trail ski there is and am tired of the push in loose snow.

FWIW I DID drill an extra hole in the limiter strap to pull it up a bit more, it made a positive difference and I would recommend it. I didnt lose any other handling or ride comfort. IN comparing strap lengths from pre-2020 skids, this is where I would have my 2019 set at and it railed. I have a bit more bite, but ultimately I think I will switch skis in the end (either 5.7R or 6.9). Its the loose snow and beat up trails where the Stryke doesnt work well. Now have 1100kms on this sled, love the power steering though.

FWIW I DID drill an extra hole in the limiter strap to pull it up a bit more, it made a positive difference and I would recommend it. I didnt lose any other handling or ride comfort. IN comparing strap lengths from pre-2020 skids, this is where I would have my 2019 set at and it railed. I have a bit more bite, but ultimately I think I will switch skis in the end (either 5.7R or 6.9). Its the loose snow and beat up trails where the Stryke doesnt work well. Now have 1100kms on this sled, love the power steering though.
Does you skid touch the ground at the front and back at the same time when raising it and lowering it?

I have run curves since day one. I have discussed this situation with Knapp. Put semi-aggressives on curves and loved everything about them except slight push in corners. And when they wore I got more push in corners(makes sense). So after 2 yrs running semi’s, made the move to aggressives. OMG….Horrible and dangerous! Just like others have mentioned. Just plain dangerous! The fix? Compared to the semis, the aggressives correctors run forward of the carbides curvature. Pulled off aggressives, ground down the correctors to match profile of the runner just like semi aggressives. ( I know, snowtracker says don’t modify in anyway). “ Viola,” night and day difference!!! No, push, no darting, turns on a dime and doesn’t catch in corners. This is my experience with curves. I also might add I ran shaper bars the 1st year I had sidewinder but the darting was killer until I tried snowtrackers.

We all like setting up our sleds to the best we can but don’t take offense to this but you are limiting your ride by shortening the straps to make the stock skis work.. you have power steering get a good set of aggressive skis and let her rip.. I don’t think the doo skis will cut it either for you..

We all like setting up our sleds to the best we can but don’t take offense to this but you are limiting your ride by shortening the straps to make the stock skis work.. you have power steering get a good set of aggressive skis and let her rip.. I don’t think the doo skis will cut it either for you..
Can't agree more. I hate shortening the straps, last resort.

Don't you want to get the rails touching the ground at the same time as the first thing you do.

I shortened up one hole after this. Had to tighten by raptor triple rate spring though

Don't you want to get the rails touching the ground at the same time as the first thing you do.

I shortened up one hole after this. Had to tighten by raptor triple rate spring though

I typically always had to shorten the limiter straps on my Doo's. On the Cat, not at all. I tried shortening the straps one hole once on the Winder and went right back to the stock setting. The ride really suffered greatly on the Cat by shortening. I was trying to keep the skis down better on acceleration.

What I see in this vid is the front ski springs compressing as you lift on the rear, which is a pretty good balance. I wouldn't tighten the limiter on a Cat 998 if you don't have too.

Back