• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Barn of Parts Driveshaft Saver....Bearing Lock

Quite possible. Although I don't know a specific event that would have damaged it.

To the other comment, disc still has play so its not locked.
MS
The ones I installed were very straight. Not out-of-round nor eccentric. Very true. I have never taken the plastic drive wheels off and checked how straight the track shaft is. It would be interesting to know. In the old days, we used to have to press the drive wheels on and then put the whole thing in a lathe and true it up. Seems like the new shaft and wheels are better.

I have new shaft new bearings used torque wrench 5lbs at a time ,it took 65’ lbs to have resistance . Tried with with 4 bearings all same measurements only .001” difference between bearing and shaft. Installed on sled and with wedge not flush my rotor has play in it.

Last edited:
I have new shaft new bearings used torque wrench 5lbs at a time ,it took 65’ lbs to have resistance . Tried with with 4 bearings all same measurements only .001” difference between bearing and shaft. Installed on sled and with wedge not flush my rotor has play in it.
Is this installed all the way flush in? So like is the washer on BOP PART in all the way against drive shaft? Thanks. 65 is a lot NOT saying it wrong at all. This is new shaft and bearing? thanks. Jon
Looks like you answered in your post my bad. I read it again.

Is this installed all the way flush in? So like is the washer on BOP PART in all the way against drive shaft? Thanks. 65 is a lot NOT saying it wrong at all. This is new shaft and bearing? thanks. Jon
Looks like you answered in your post my bad. I read it again.
I do agree I check it several times with 4 new bearings also measured all the same and all same results and I have a snap on torque wrench. Someone had 50 ones force I might try it with the wedge all way in flush with bolt on shaft

Have you greased the fingers and wedge?

Greased threads and fingers. 42lbs on torque wrench. Not installed all the way in on mine. Got 45 miles in right now as I write this. All good so far. No rotor feedback. Know more when I get back home in heated garage. And check things over.

Attachments

• 3E9EBD53-096B-4C79-80DB-15DD18B7790B.jpeg
    3E9EBD53-096B-4C79-80DB-15DD18B7790B.jpeg
    101.5 KB · Views: 140
Greased threads and fingers. 42lbs on torque wrench. Not installed all the way in on mine. Got 45 miles in right now as I write this. All good so far. No rotor feedback. Know more when I get back home in heated garage. And check things over.
Where in the UP is that?

Updated greased instead of superlube
35’lbs all good.
Update is good. Thanks for posting. We all need to keep this post going with updates on torque and age of shafts and bearings. Ran mine hard today at times. Got 80 miles in. Managed a few triple digits pulls. Will check my BOP part when I get home. As long as it’s still in the shaft I see no issue with this fix.

Back