• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Barn of Parts Driveshaft Saver....Bearing Lock

Unless you have hardened those jaws since I have had you proto types, it will be damaged. Have you made a change?

The tapered wedge with the threads is a harder material. If we make the jaws a harder material then the tool has even more internal resistance to overcome.

I did a test fit and then removed it and did not see any issue.

The tapered wedge with the threads is a harder material. If we make the jaws a harder material then the tool has even more internal resistance to overcome.

I did a test fit and then removed it and did not see any issue.

Well I am only asking because I destroyer that pro-type at 80ft-lbs enough that it would not work a 2nd time. Thanks

BOP is famous. Reading french FCMQ online mag and they mentioned BOP.

Capture.PNG

BOP puts out sooo many great innovative products for our Yamahas!
He is always testing and adding more each season!

I’ve been using BOP for years, but my dealer mentioned some of his product fixes last year. I said yep, he has been at it for a while now, and he is good at what he does!

3499 miles on my 2018, and the prick punches from last year are still visible no signs of spinning on the axle. Go figger...lol.

Attachments

• 20211114_105805.jpg
    20211114_105805.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 144
3499 miles on my 2018, and the prick punches from last year are still visible no signs of spinning on the axle. Go figger...lol.
Yep do the same , been using the same driveshaft since 2017 , moved it to my 2019 as I run 10 tooth 2.52 drivers. Have roughly 10000 miles on it now. Will inspect again shortly but I'm sure it's good for another season or two yet.

Yep do the same , been using the same driveshaft since 2017 , moved it to my 2019 as I run 10 tooth 2.52 drivers. Have roughly 10000 miles on it now. Will inspect again shortly but I'm sure it's good for another season or two yet.
I made 10000 on my first axle using same process every season. Then couple seasons ago she spun on me. Maybe dirt in bearing or I was running track looser? But it wore pretty good.

I made 10000 on my first axle using same process every season. Then couple seasons ago she spun on me. Maybe dirt in bearing or I was running track looser? But it wore pretty good.
I had grease everywhere,as I needle greased it way too much...lol... As I have on all the yamaha jackshaft and axle bearings over the years..never had a failure, bogies too...they eventually do get sloppy but never sieze and fall off like I see on the trail every year...I have a nice collection of peoples bogies!!
The first year I took the SW axle bearing off, there was a lot of rust. This year it looked great once I cleaned up the grease mess. None gets on the brake rotor so I dont care...The bearing felt like brand new. Guess time will tell.

Back