• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Early dyno reports (850R)

You are 100% correct. Sandbaggers around the watering hole. LOL

Some guys run with a quart of Torco in their belt storage bag. LOL
Its street rules on snow. Its called "run what you brung" haha....honestly, if ever run across what appears to be the smell of 100+, I'm going to ask for something. Just to even things up.
This is the problem with owning a tuned 998t. We are making 250+ hp. And expected to win. Lol. I've got a target on my back every time I stop for a pop. And generally oblige them. This new 3" muffler is definitely going to peak some interest. Lol.

Its street rules on snow. Its called "run what you brung" haha....honestly, if ever run across what appears to be the smell of 100+, I'm going to ask for something. Just to even things up.
This is the problem with owning a tuned 998t. We are making 250+ hp. And expected to win. Lol. I've got a target on my back every time I stop for a pop. And generally oblige them. This new 3" muffler is definitely going to peak some interest. Lol.
I ran my old modstock turbo ZR9 LXR at 300hp with a tall windshield, mirrors, and D&D modstock muffler which was quiet. Lots of guys thought it was a stocker until it left the line. If I got the jump, it was hard to pass especially since I leave on yellow. LOL

Your new 3" muffler will be attracting lots of interest on Kevlar Lake. LOL

I ran my old modstock turbo ZR9 LXR at 300hp with a tall windshield, mirrors, and D&D modstock muffler which was quiet. Lots of guys thought it was a stocker until it left the line. If I got the jump, it was hard to pass especially since I leave on yellow. LOL

Your new 3" muffler will be attracting lots of interest on Kevlar Lake. LOL
You must be referring to my "big game" setup & stock muffler tunes.
The only thing I'm missing is my Ronco pocket fisherman & backpack.
Screenshot_20231024-162537_copy_360x267.png

Last edited:
In reality you can make these things kick our asses. It will require race fuel and you will be rebuilding them every summer. Where as I have 6000miles and still get stock mpg and a great trail machine.

Does anyone really think these will be remotely reliable and trail-able at anything over 200hp?

Does anyone really think these will be remotely reliable and trail-able at anything over 200hp?
there is always "that one guy". He's going to be a 998t killer, talk big miles, etc.
Reality: he's going to be completely set-up, on race fuel, he'll be pulling the motor apart in the off-season to check things out. Like a pre-breakdown check-up. He has money, time and something to prove.
I'd say 95% will not fall into that category.
No different then the boost! Well...that ethanol injection stuff will help them to make power, longer. I'm pretty sure they will be able to stretch their legs.
Should be pretty cool. Lol. Can't wait!!!

there is always "that one guy". He's going to be a 998t killer, talk big miles, etc.
Reality: he's going to be completely set-up, on race fuel, he'll be pulling the motor apart in the off-season to check things out. Like a pre-breakdown check-up. He has money, time and something to prove.
I'd say 95% will not fall into that category.
No different then the boost! Well...that ethanol injection stuff will help them to make power, longer. I'm pretty sure they will be able to stretch their legs.
Should be pretty cool. Lol. Can't wait!!!
Absolutely going to have that one guy. But to think, on our end… riders without a home soon. There’s still nothing that competes for us. Sure the millionaire who can have 2-3 motors ready to bolt on and doesn’t make big rides so he can fill with race gas at home and never worry. But to normal people like us a 25k+ sled with 10k invested that needs 1000 mile rebuilds just to compete with our trail sled…. I can’t justify it. I’d rather just have a basic 850. But they put this info out like one 4stroke guys watch out. Totally not realistic tho.

I do look forward to my new wastegate tunes and my pro4 4 arm clutch to make these million dollar throw away race sleds look dumb this winter tho!

Absolutely going to have that one guy. But to think, on our end… riders without a home soon. There’s still nothing that competes for us. Sure the millionaire who can have 2-3 motors ready to bolt on and doesn’t make big rides so he can fill with race gas at home and never worry. But to normal people like us a 25k+ sled with 10k invested that needs 1000 mile rebuilds just to compete with our trail sled…. I can’t justify it. I’d rather just have a basic 850. But they put this info out like one 4stroke guys watch out. Totally not realistic tho.

I do look forward to my new wastegate tunes and my pro4 4 arm clutch to make these million dollar throw away race sleds look dumb this winter tho!
Bud....nothing on the planet, built today (Oct '23) can run as fast for as long as the 998t. They can tell fables and tales, but sadly, I'm not buying it.....even for a second. Lol. Still, I respect what's going on in the market (competition) for, like you say, getting the market to purchase throw away" trash!
Wastegate tunes! pro4 clutch! What's going on? Lol. Every step I take forward, I take two steps back. Hahaha....
I'm paying attention to primary clutches, just going to try the stock out first.
What is the specific gain from aftermarket clutches?

Bud....nothing on the planet, built today (Oct '23) can run as fast for as long as the 998t. They can tell fables and tales, but sadly, I'm not buying it.....even for a second. Lol. Still, I respect what's going on in the market (competition) for, like you say, getting the market to purchase throw away" trash!
Wastegate tunes! pro4 clutch! What's going on? Lol. Every step I take forward, I take two steps back. Hahaha....
I'm paying attention to primary clutches, just going to try the stock out first.
My stock clutch worked ok I ran single tune max spool 17 with thunder clutching. But I’ll message you as I don’t wanna knock this thread to far off topic.

A lighter wallet.

Simple read on how long the tank of windshield fluid lasts.
IMG_20231027_175339533_copy_1536x2048.jpg

Back