• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Exhaust fooler and plastic saver

synaptic3e

Extreme
Country
USA
So I made a couple parts... I did a thing... to fix some things that bug me.

First I needed to stop my plastics from melting. So I made a nice little exhaust panel so I won’t have that problem anymore:

57039049-51B6-497A-873A-3C4C16F0023E.jpeg
5330EB9B-DB47-4D78-9A0C-84EBA511741E.jpeg
C8AE6961-4DC4-4818-985D-44E2EEE8EE9C.jpeg
A305E40C-316F-4B09-8E00-F0E10388134F.jpeg

Next I’ve had this little issue with my exhaust being slightly louder than stock. I run a modified stock exhaust which has a 3” opening. Now I’ve been stopped a couple times but once I remove my side panel all is good. I’ve heard others had their exit pipes measured so...
F47C58C5-B6B6-435D-A8C4-E505517E9AFB.jpeg
41D6A7CE-0CCC-4892-86EF-BFA9C41C58A9.jpeg
0075009B-FE9E-4E8D-91D7-D7B891AD0F6F.jpeg
335A69FA-FE15-48CB-8A50-1713A8B403F5.jpeg

Hopefully no more issues with either this season...

I'm impressed with your ingenuity. Good job on your fab skills and solutions to problems. Now I wonder how long until someone ask for you to make these for them ??

I see where you went with this.
You're trying to beat "the Man" that's trying to oppress us.

We'll call it the SFPF or Synaptic Fish Police Fooler

I'm impressed with your ingenuity. Good job on your fab skills and solutions to problems. Now I wonder how long until someone ask for you to make these for them ??

Thanks,
To be fair... this is what I do for a living. I build road course cars, rally cars, drag cars, show cars, etc.

Ok... I'll be the first. Where, when, how, why? I've had the same melting problem since day one with D&D mod stock muffler. Of course, they say, I'm the only one that has had this issue. Nice to know it's not only me. Want to solve this and the exhaust measuring issue which we all know is B......t. Should be decibel reading for noise.

Ok... I'll be the first. Where, when, how, why? I've had the same melting problem since day one with D&D mod stock muffler. Of course, they say, I'm the only one that has had this issue. Nice to know it's not only me. Want to solve this and the exhaust measuring issue which we all know is B......t. Should be decibel reading for noise.

Well I wonder if the melting problem is tune specific. I ran TD Powertrail with there Stock modified exhaust and never had any melting what so ever. Switch to stock exhaust with SM 16 for this year. Are you guys with this melting issue in a high horsepower tune?

Well I wonder if the melting problem is tune specific. I ran TD Powertrail with there Stock modified exhaust and never had any melting what so ever. Switch to stock exhaust with SM 16 for this year. Are you guys with this melting issue in a high horsepower tune?
I think the TD power trail has a smaller exhaust opening? Mine is a 3” opening... but you might be on to something regarding the tune. At the time I was running the Dynojet Power Commander. I have since switched to TD... but I also had the problem of big plastic gouges from rocks and branches so for me it was a win on all counts. In fact I was thinking of drawing up the other side too. Like skid plates for the plastics.

Running D&D 255hp tune. Which I understand now is a Hurricane tune.

I've never seen a machine melt like that before! Not even close, and I have a a lot of machines come thru here.

That thing was running hot or perhaps the outlet was just too short.

I think the TD power trail has a smaller exhaust opening? Mine is a 3” opening... but you might be on to something regarding the tune. At the time I was running the Dynojet Power Commander. I have since switched to TD... but I also had the problem of big plastic gouges from rocks and branches so for me it was a win on all counts. In fact I was thinking of drawing up the other side too. Like skid plates for the plastics.
Ya I am with Mike on this one to,never seen such heat as that from any tunes,poo,cat,or Yamaha,man that must of smelled awful,plus looks like it almost caught fire,glad you modified that bottom bro,it could of cost you your life.

Same here with TD for 7500 miles. No major melting. I DID HAVE to replace the rubber gasket as it was worn out and I had one slight spot where pipe was hitting plastic panel because gasket was worn. This spot showed very slight melting. Nothing close to the pic from this post up top.

I like the exhaust outlet. My buddy did the same on hos 1100T. Clever.

I had my side panel melt just next to the exhaust but I believe it's because I had a turbo boost leak

Back