• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Exhaust fooler and plastic saver

Again, Synaptic3e, how can I get one? Also, what exhaust and tune are you running? Thanks.....

How did you bend the aluminum plate so perfectly to fit the contour of the panel.
Nice job for sure.
MS
You start at one end with the rivet gun on the longer flatter surface and work your way toward the bend. once your at the bend use a piece of wood such as a 2x4 remnant and use it as a hammer. It wont damage the material or leave any hammer marks.

I think what happened with my side panel is my oil tank was dripping and soaked foam underneath and caught on fire a little bit. I wonder if this is what happened to you synaptic3e? I have since fixed leak and removed foam and all is ok since. But I believe like some have said, might be the tune I have also. Doesnt run temp hot but seems to be awfully rich.

Very nice work. One other thing you can do if coming up on a spot check is to park the right side of the sled in the deep snow. Makes it super quiet. Also makes it tough to open panel lol. Doesn't always work but may deter them from asking.

I think what happened with my side panel is my oil tank was dripping and soaked foam underneath and caught on fire a little bit. I wonder if this is what happened to you synaptic3e? I have since fixed leak and removed foam and all is ok since. But I believe like some have said, might be the tune I have also. Doesnt run temp hot but seems to be awfully rich.

I did have a slight oil leak so there may be some merit to this. My tune was rich, but I added a wide-band O2 sensor and used the auto-tune feature and it worked great, woke the sled up. You go into the software and set up your desired AFR and she hits the targets, then you accept the changes and your good.

I just installed the Belly Pan exhaust protector from synaptic3e today. He shipped it to me as soon as I requested one. High quality and easy to install.
sled1.png
sled2.png

9D99F9E4-ADF1-4FF7-BFFE-37A4E4C0B85E.JPG

Would like to renew comments on this melting plastic issue.
I too purchased synaptic3e's piece to hopefully solve this issue. My question to Dave at Hurricane was whether this was any kind of issue. He was not aware of a heat issue and thought public opinion on this site might be a good plan. I run his performance muffler with the 240/270/290 tune bundle. By the way it seems to run perfect. No knock light ever seen. Anyone else care to chime in?

When i put a vent in the front for my clutch, i put one in front of the muffler also.
I was told from the beginning the tunes will run hotter especially with an aftermarket muffler plus it made the front look symmetrical.
My pad under the muff actually caught on fire.
My vent blew air right to the bottom of the muffler.
I also stripped the bottom of the pan & put heat reflective tape on the whole piece.

When running with a STOCK bud we checked the muffler side temps & i was always 20 to 30 degrees cooler & i was tuned.
Not sure it's the fix, but removing as much under hood heat is a win win

Any possibility you could post a pic of your vent set up?

Back