• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mach Z not stock king of the lake.

Our annual radar run this year.

1000 feet
850 Doo 105
Mach Z 104
SRX 111
TCat 111
Sidewinder 290 HP 123

2000 feet
850Doo 115
Mach Z 115
SRX 121.5
TCAT 119
Sidewinder 290HP 132
Doo 1200 400 HP 133
That 1200 Doo is slow must of been out of gear

Proof! I don’t owe you proof. I don’t owe you anything. I’m trying to justify changing brands? LOL! I’ve bought 4 SkiDoos since my Winder and I’ve waited 4 years to justify my decision. Since 2004 I have owned nothing but SkiDoos and Yamahas. I have zero interest in either Cat or Polaris.
like I said before, I don’t want this to turn into a pissing contest. I just post my results and give my opinions on two sleds I have owned. No speculation on my part and no second hand news. I have no need to show proof with pics or videos because honestly I don’t care that much either way.
I loved my Winder and I thought at the time it was the best of everything. I still think it’s a fantastic sled.
At this time of my life I buy what makes me happy and financially I don’t have to compromise about anything. I also don’t have to prove anything to anyone or justify what I buy or what I own.
When I bought my 2022 C8 Corvette a friend of mine asked me why I didn’t buy a Porsche instead. I told him it was my money and I didn’t want a Porsche, I wanted a C8.
Now there is arrogance in black and white, to much money and letting everybody now it, WOW

keep it civil guys......

Well I was hoping you would post your results as you stated as that would be some new interesting information I was not aware of …. Always willing to learn new facts …. No need to get upset about a video that was made with the intention of showing real world results … At the end of the day, you can find good things about all sleds, and if you look hard enough some bad also… Its all based on our own experience and opinions of the brands were riding at that time These are sometimes not shared by the other brand riders.. Seeing is believing, we hear many things not to be true, we see very little not to be true….

Now there is arrogance in black and white, to much money and letting everybody now it, WOW
That was not the intent of my post. It was suggested that I was trying to justify my decision to own a Doo and now that I was stuck with it I have to defend my decision.
I'm not trying to justify anything and I'm not stuck with my Doo. Had I wanted a Winder or a SRX then that's what I would have bought. Nobody told me I have to buy a Doo or I can't buy a SRX. The decision is mine and if by chance I don't like what I have then I will buy something different.
The problem with this site and DooTalk is nobody wants to hear anything positive about other brands. This whole thread has been a bash fest about the Mach. I just pointed out that the 900r sleds run pretty darn good. I never bashed the Winder, I just pointed out the fact that in stock form the Winder and 900r are pretty darn close.

This forum is the best. However, since my first ride on that best in class 1969 Skiroule s-300, and my first 1971 s-300 of my own, fastest single in the world (no, no stupidtrax tv back then) Sachs 293, the ball busting is sacred tradition! We had an RTX 440 with 340 stickers put on it!!! Lots of laughs over the years...

All I keep hearing is how the 850 Doo kills the Mach. Since there are so many Youtube lovers here I came across this video.

Last edited:
The problem with this site and DooTalk is nobody wants to hear anything positive about other brands.
Very true, and totally understandable!! . How about > " Nobody wants to read about Ski Doo on the TY SIDEWINDER forum" OR "nobody wants to hear about Sidewinders on a doo talk MACH forum". If guys choose to do this they should realize they will be called out(post your video or GPS, and or FACTS). Or just return to your brands forum?

It really doesn’t matter what anyone thinks if you like the sled. It’s just fun to read about for the rest of us.:oops:

Hey I understand your frustration’s with the bashing of the Mach and I tried not to get involved in that too much but I think BRP kind of brought that upon themselves when they made some pretty bold claims that of course many on here took offense to them… And all the bashing has always been part of this sport and should be done in good civil fun manner and no one should take it personally …. Yes its your decision to buy whatever and hope you like your Doo .. Stuck with it ??? Well that remains to be determined at a later date … I think that will depend on lot of factors beyond your control … So as long as your enjoying your rocket thats all that really matters…

Hey I understand your frustration’s with the bashing of the Mach and I tried not to get involved in that too much but I think BRP kind of brought that upon themselves when they made some pretty bold claims that of course many on here took offense to them… And all the bashing has always been part of this sport and should be done in good civil fun manner and no one should take it personally …. Yes its your decision to buy whatever and hope you like your Doo .. Stuck with it ??? Well that remains to be determined at a later date … I think that will depend on lot of factors beyond your control … So as long as your enjoying your rocket thats all that really matters…
I loved my 20 years of ski doos, and multiple mach zs. Since I could buy anything I want (KIDDING....lol) I went with 2 rx1s in the fall of 2002. Hit a stump and blew one engine, rolled the other one. Almost went back to doo. But 20 years later, still love the dependability of yamaha 4 stroke engines. Not interested in going to a dootalk and saying how great my sw is. That just leads to this. Used to love all the ballbusting, but its not necessary here. EVERYONE on planet earth KNOWS the sidewinders and tcats are the absolute pinnacle of snowmobiling in every single category, and all other sleds are wannabees.
:)

Very true, and totally understandable!! . How about > " Nobody wants to read about Ski Doo on the TY SIDEWINDER forum" OR "nobody wants to hear about Sidewinders on a doo talk MACH forum". If guys choose to do this they should realize they will be called out(post your video or GPS, and or FACTS). Or just return to your brands forum?
He can't. He has been banned from Dootalk for bashing 2 strokes and Polaris lovers.

I loved my 20 years of ski doos, and multiple mach zs. Since I could buy anything I want (KIDDING....lol) I went with 2 rx1s in the fall of 2002. Hit a stump and blew one engine, rolled the other one. Almost went back to doo. But 20 years later, still love the dependability of yamaha 4 stroke engines. Not interested in going to a dootalk and saying how great my sw is. That just leads to this. Used to love all the ballbusting, but its not necessary here. EVERYONE on planet earth KNOWS the sidewinders and tcats are the absolute pinnacle of snowmobiling in every single category, and all other sleds are wannabees.
:)
Yes your right…. No one can dispute the Yamaha four stroke motors durability and longevity as it has just been pretty amazing .. Now you put them in a great chassis and end of story one would think but oh no…. The sky is the limit with power to weight ratio if you so choose and don’t mind spending time and money to improve them and oh yes its a face full of smiles… Stock, improved, or full mod its all good and when set up right it does what I find rare these days and that is it exceeds my expectations ..

Suzukis are pretty cool too
Especially if you add to themo_Oo_O
Low 160s in 500 ft

Attachments

• trim.64FDAE00-0E3A-4267-B660-DFCD71808592.MOV
    1.7 MB
Last edited:

Back