• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mach Z not stock king of the lake.

SOrry no rear skid changes by the looks of it. Same ole

AMEN! 998 IS THE KING.... I've had two 998's and both were very strong sleds stock! One was 125mph & other 121mph gps stock. Of course on great conditions, the 998 doesn't like heavy snow conditions. I now have the mighty 900R . . . . . Well it's no 998. Nice snowmobile good on the trails but motor is no where near the 998. Chassis is good to a point but honestly the more I ride this 900R I question is this really that good? I will say my biggest issue is the dam darty/twitchy/diving front end!!! That I will say the Procross is most definitely superior! So long and short is Mach, Mack,XRS,X,Adrenaline.....are not king of any Lake or trail IMHO. Not a terrible sled but nowhere near top of food chain. And yes I own two skidoo Gen 4's. I'm hoping for 23 SRX with EPS & Refined rear skid.

Well thats not the glowing reviews I read about on the 900R over at the Doo forum. Other than the 900R being slow, they all think its a hit and the best trail sled out there. Its got the 998 beat all to hell.

AMEN! 998 IS THE KING.... I've had two 998's and both were very strong sleds stock! One was 125mph & other 121mph gps stock. Of course on great conditions, the 998 doesn't like heavy snow conditions. I now have the mighty 900R . . . . . Well it's no 998. Nice snowmobile good on the trails but motor is no where near the 998. Chassis is good to a point but honestly the more I ride this 900R I question is this really that good? I will say my biggest issue is the dam darty/twitchy/diving front end!!! That I will say the Procross is most definitely superior! So long and short is Mach, Mack,XRS,X,Adrenaline.....are not king of any Lake or trail IMHO. Not a terrible sled but nowhere near top of food chain. And yes I own two skidoo Gen 4's. I'm hoping for 23 SRX with EPS & Refined rear skid.

People who buy what they buy, is of no concern to me.
But to come on a Yamaha site and justify how great their Polaris is in comfort or fuel mileage, or whatever, is killing me. Hahaha.....
We all purchased a dated cat chassis married to a state of the art Yamaha 998t for one reason, mainly....pure acceleration from a 4s package. What a rush.....
I enjoy trail riding the most. Icing on the cake....spilling off onto a lake, a nice wide straight, or a long big pull sweeper and putting the hammer down, as the 998t eclipses triple digits... effortlessly.

Good stuff!

PS...I'm sure some of your negative front end experience of the Gen 5 can be adjusted to your liking. It just takes time.

Well thats not the glowing reviews I read about on the 900R over at the Doo forum. Other than the 900R being slow, they all think its a hit and the best trail sled out there. Its got the 998 beat all to hell.
Well everyone can dream and wish. And make statements that are just plain false. I have owned both, and they both have pros/cons. But by all means the g4 900R is not beating any 998. Anyone who has rode them will know this. Lol can't believe the kool-aid dreamers.

People who buy what they buy, is of no concern to me.
But to come on a Yamaha site and justify how great their Polaris is in comfort or fuel mileage, or whatever, is killing me. Hahaha.....
We all purchased a dated cat chassis married to a state of the art Yamaha 998t for one reason, mainly....pure acceleration from a 4s package. What a rush.....
I enjoy trail riding the most. Icing on the cake....spilling off onto a lake, a nice wide straight, or a long big pull sweeper and putting the hammer down, as the 998t eclipses triple digits... effortlessly.

Good stuff!

PS...I'm sure some of your negative front end experience of the Gen 5 can be adjusted to your liking. It just takes time.
Gen 5? Only 850's in the gen 5, no two strokes for me.

And to clarify clearly, I was praising the 998/ yamacat/procross.

The doo has it'd good points as do the Poo's.

But King of the lake belongs to the 998. Cheers!

I don’t imagine there will ever be a sled that will match the 998 performance wise, hope im wrong. The 900r is a very nice trail sled though that handles very well and the chassis is very well built. I work on sleds for a living in the winter and have worked on both platforms. Got a chance to drive a Mach Z and it was very nice but obviously lacking in hp compared to a tuned 998. The 900R is slowly getting tuned by some shops but will never be capable of the hp levels with its stock turbo and internals.

FA90FDED-493A-47D4-9962-67DE2771BE84.jpeg

Hi
Can’t wait to see you on the lake

Loved my Winder and love my 900r. I don’t know why you guys keep carrying on and on about this.
We all have choices and choose what makes us happy and enjoy it. Most guys here have never owned a Doo just like many on DT have never owned a Yamaha. I have owned several Yamahas and several Doos. I would be totally happy with either brand just as long as it’s a 4 stroke. If I had to choose one or the other I already have but that could change at anytime.

Loved my Winder and love my 900r. I don’t know why you guys keep carrying on and on about this.
We all have choices and choose what makes us happy and enjoy it. Most guys here have never owned a Doo just like many on DT have never owned a Yamaha. I have owned several Yamahas and several Doos. I would be totally happy with either brand just as long as it’s a 4 stroke. If I had to choose one or the other I already have but that could change at anytime.
Couldn't agree more

I am anxious to see these go on the lake!! But probably wise to bring a rope....

Will say great looking sled though
I do need a rope
I’ll lasso your ski so you can keep up
#gamechanger

I do need a rope
I’ll lasso your ski so you can keep up
#gamechanger
Lol yes could be a game changer! I hope it works well. But polaris has been notorious for engine issues/let downs. Let's hope it this one is a good build.

P.S. I have no issue lining up to anything lol. My doo may loose yes ..
But my 998 WONT .
That I can promise You! And when you blow ill lasso your ski to pull you to shore. lol

I p
Lol yes could be a game changer! I hope it works well. But polaris has been notorious for engine issues/let downs. Let's hope it this one is a good build.

P.S. I have no issue lining up to anything lol. My doo may loose yes ..
But my 998 WONT .
That I can promise You! And when you blow ill lasso your ski to pull you to shore. lol
you don’t have have enough cash to throw on that bet
I’m your huckleberry
(A joke) not a serious response

Last edited:

Back