• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mach Z not stock king of the lake.

I guess you haven seen the video the Lesters have that shown ripping on the trail with the speedo in view then..... It goes to 120 so fast it will make your head spin, and its still pulling hard! How close to GPS are the speeds on the Polaris speedo anyway????

Now is it a ringer? I don't know, Its supposed to be a stocker, but its FAST, and no doubt in my mind that sled will lay waste to a stock Winder or TCat.

I know the guys that have tested and ridden them, and they have lined them all up side by side. It drives right away form the other hyper sleds. The Polaris is and will be quicker and faster than any production sled built to date as long as it doesn't get detuned or Yamaha doesn't up the power levels a bunch. I've heard speeds of high 120's STOCK! 127-129 to be exact. I wouldn't get so cocky about a winder with running with the Polaris. In fact, I'd wager the Polaris gaps the Winder and Cat by at least 6 lengths in 660 and keeps driving away from it. I think it will take all of a 240 tune to run with a stock Polaris VR1. I'm certain the guys that ordered will have a lot of fun on them. As much as I hate two-strokes, I believe this sled is not only going to be the new sheriff in town, its going to be a game changer to the hyper sled market. That said, I believe it will have some issues and burn pistons more than any NA 2 stroke ever built due to poor fuel quality, but I for one will be watching closely. I don't think Polaris want another 900 Fusion debacle again, so who knows.
Do we know if the Polaris Speedo was in KPH or MPH?

It will be interesting

Your 850 race is that beer league or organized

It’s all fun what I see personally on the mountain platform I’m disappointed in the boost
Haven’t had a chance run the dragy yet but seat of the pants the 998 is a lot more impressive

That’s funny you say that when you get upset when others call you out on your sled? I personally wouldn’t give skidoo a look, well I saw the g5 and o_O! Or wtf!!! Lol I bet that doesn’t affect your decision though huh. I had two xcr850s with zero problems? ‍
Lots have zero issues and a lot of the issues come directly from the dealer not doing the correct prep.
Have had little issues with cat also but all in all like the sleds. The other reason more of us are going back to two smokes is the fact it’s more competitive and you don’t have to race 55/58 and bigger 1100s which show up on the lake. Lots of hypersports stuff in our area too since it’s right where we ride. I have fun trying something different also. Maybe it doesn’t work out and maybe it does. Still have a 998.

Seems like the mach z would be a nice plush ride for the flag man to get out to the line to start the sleds worthy of racing on the lake! :D

To each their own though right
My response wasn't aimed at Polaris. I won't give any two stroke a second look. SkiDoo has plenty of issues with their 850 and their 800's were even worse. Now add a turbo and they are even more unreliable.
My last two 2 strokes seized on me while I was on saddlebag trips and I swore I would never own another. I kept my word and haven't owned one since 2005.

I would believe 126KPH per hour but not 126MPH on a stock two stroke in a modern chassis with lots of suspension. It took about 190/200HP on good ice to get the old two stroke Tcats in trail riding trim to the 125MPH range on radar ( with a light rider ). Those chassis rolled easier. New tech is great but the minute someone shims the wastegate on a two stroke to get a little more boost ......Kaboom. I am sure the tuner companies are working on it.

Anything mechanical can fail and there really isn’t an argument from anyone that a four stroke outlasts a two stroke. That’s obvious.
The 850 was against one of our own sleds.
There isn’t any reason to lie but I guess if you want to call it that you can. The poo leaves on it and good luck catching it. Most well set up are running 97 plus in 500 ft.
I have had all of the cat turbos and had a z1 in 08 I picked up at race dept in trf so if that’s beer league I guess so. Anyone that argues a stock Tcat/sidewinder is fast I assume doesn’t really know fast. Put a 240 tune on it and it’s a completely different sled.
So beer league yes
I think it started as Red Cup Racing as I recall

I do believe that they will have it set up to run against the Big Dog!

Just don’t hit those Maine county trails or the UP trails with a 2 stroke. It’ll cost you!

Ask me how many times I’ve done that, OK please don’t, that would hurt!

My first trip up to the county with my 2003 RX1 back then. To the bar all day in 50 degree weather. Over 300 miles at 112-114 on dreameter every chance WE got!
Crazy how many 2 stroke sleds were pulled over while we ran that day!

Not even a belt issue for us. We both said, yep, 4 strokes are tough, dam heavy but tough! Blew up three 2 strokes since then, but none of my 4 strokes!!

It’ll be interesting to say the least, but no faith in 2 stroke durability here!

Maybe this will be the one to change that.

Could be and I had that discussion yesterday about belt life on the rx1. It was great.
Cat zuke 1000 2 stroke was bulletproof but was no four stroke for longevity. Would run 121 mph on radar every day.
I know the cat speedo is accurate also and In the up on cfr 1000 you could run 110-115 all the time on the up grades. I also had a z1 at that time and went that route instead. Time will tell in this poo but I think the fact they are trying a different approach is good.
I had 1100s go down in past and had a 998 fire. Never blew 998 up but know plenty that did prior knock protection
It’s a good platform and I hope poo is competitive unlike doo is currently.
Lol
The good sign is we all still are passionate about the snow machines!!

My 75 year old neighbour bought a new one in 2019, and something internal failed start of this year, only 3000 miles.
Yes there were some isolated issues in the first year of release of the Patriot 850 (2019). Victims where compensated with replacement engines, extended warranty, etc. Lower end issues that were resolved in the subsequent model year. Other than that I haven't heard of any.

I would believe 126KPH per hour but not 126MPH on a stock two stroke in a modern chassis with lots of suspension. It took about 190/200HP on good ice to get the old two stroke Tcats in trail riding trim to the 125MPH range on radar ( with a light rider ). Those chassis rolled easier. New tech is great but the minute someone shims the wastegate on a two stroke to get a little more boost ......Kaboom. I am sure the tuner companies are working on it.
I can't imagine the flatland boost hitting anything more than 115mph radar. My Poo 850 is quick off the line but has no legs. It taps out at 105mph radar. You are correct that these chassis don't roll very well.

As someone else mentioned I'm just excited to see innovation in the sport although it certainly is coming at a price $$$$.

All I know is the cost factor is insane. $22000 for snowmobiles is insane! Yes, go ahead and call me cheap but prices are really out of hand when you figure in the miles to cost factor. If I lived in Canada, it would still be hard to justify $22000. I will own a C-7 (that’s a vette for those who don’t know) before spending this amount on a snowmobile. And I have been riding since I was 2 yrs old! Over 50 yrs without saying my age to everyone! Lol ……needless to say, I won’t be buying a new sled anymore. As it was, if I had waited 3 months on my sidewinder purchase in 2016, I could have saved $3000. And I thought at $14000 I was an idiot with my money, then. Btw, adjusted for inflation today, thats $16500……Just my $.02

Anything mechanical can fail and there really isn’t an argument from anyone that a four stroke outlasts a two stroke. That’s obvious.
The 850 was against one of our own sleds.
There isn’t any reason to lie but I guess if you want to call it that you can. The poo leaves on it and good luck catching it. Most well set up are running 97 plus in 500 ft.
I have had all of the cat turbos and had a z1 in 08 I picked up at race dept in trf so if that’s beer league I guess so. Anyone that argues a stock Tcat/sidewinder is fast I assume doesn’t really know fast. Put a 240 tune on it and it’s a completely different sled.
So beer league yes
I think it started as Red Cup Racing as I recall
It’s all good “beer league” was not meant to be offensive just sometimes organized races have sleepers in them all my comments are beer league for sure

Not doubting what you are seeing

The VR-1 boost will be interesting to say the least

I have run a stock 998 in years when I run it at 240 it seems broken pretty much addicted to to 270

Cheers

Love this sport

I agree
You always want more
And yes there is cheating going on
Always!!
I bet the new Tcat is 22k also
Damn inflation

Back