• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mach Z not stock king of the lake.

it will make it if it's stock

Dudes hold the boost wide open in the mountain for long times.
But I think people will tinker with the boost trying to extract more power but its going to be at a razors edge.

If they launch a piston then that debris will go down the pipe and into the turbo.

New VR1 dyno tests on race gas with tunes . Looks like we might have a close race for 2nd & 3rd in the modified run across the lake . the hp ratings of more than 200 is 100 octane to 116 for 275 hp . The other issue is it’s a American made motor …how long it the crank & motor going to last at 275 hp with the motor boarding on detonation ?

Attachments

• D56268C3-23C7-4425-A5A0-56B54C498DB1.png
    D56268C3-23C7-4425-A5A0-56B54C498DB1.png
    106.8 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Well, there's "trail" sleds and then there's not "trail" sleds. I won't mention any names but last winter in northern WI I had a "prominent" and known race sled rail builder with a 1200 SkiDoo challenge my little Stage 3R to a race on a lake in front of a well-known bar. He said it was a "trail sled". I said fine but first let's go for about a 40 mile trail ride. Then we would both put gas in at the same pump, and then we would race. He flatly declined. Conclusion: he is NOT riding a "trail" sled. He rides on a large lake from bar to bar wanting to race. But it's NOT a trail sled. Trail sleds burn pump gas, NOT race gas. So if a VR-1 Boost needs C116 or whatever, it's NOT a trail sled. 100 octane is NOT pump gas and neither is 116!
This ain't my first rabbit hunt.

Well, there's "trail" sleds and then there's not "trail" sleds. I won't mention any names but last winter in northern WI I had a "prominent" and known race sled rail builder with a 1200 SkiDoo challenge my little Stage 3R to a race on a lake in front of a well-known bar. He said it was a "trail sled". I said fine but first let's go for about a 40 mile trail ride. Then we would both put gas in at the same pump, and then we would race. He flatly declined. Conclusion: he is NOT riding a "trail" sled. He rides on a large lake from bar to bar wanting to race. But it's NOT a trail sled. Trail sleds burn pump gas, NOT race gas. So if a VR-1 Boost needs C116 or whatever, it's NOT a trail sled. 100 octane is NOT pump gas and neither is 116!
You were wise to offer the 40 mile trail ride first. There are always guys with race sleds dressed like trail sleds hanging around Kelvar Lake looking for victims. LOL

If you are going to play that game using a trail sled, gear it really short, clutch it well, put lots of pics in the track, race about 660', throw your hands up an declare victory (on pump gas) LOL

Bikeman Performance claims they have a 200+ hp tune for pump gas. Should be interesting.

The VR1 boost guys are already getting their 900 & 909 big bore kits.
So between them making 200+ and the Mach Z's making 235+/-. I'm thinking I might get railroaded this year. Lol.

Might have to ask for two & the crack.....hahaha!

Met two 998t's, two pol850's and a 900t on the Cisco chain last year...all in the same day. Absolute blast....

Bikeman Performance claims they have a 200+ hp tune for pump gas. Should be interesting.
They were claiming 255 but that was race gas.

Wonder how many boosts will go down this year. The first thread that shows a boost going 'sploedy is going to be epic to when it hits the net.

Sounds very familiar to out in front of Timbers on Little St Germain.....for all those familiar with that part of the world. Everything is a trail sled there, with trail chisels....lol

Yup. My "challenger" could only go as far as his C16 would last. Guys that know him say his typical day is about 20 miles cuz he only has a 3 gal. gas tank.

New VR1 dyno tests on race gas with tunes . Looks like we might have a close race for 2nd & 3rd in the modified run across the lake . the hp ratings of more than 200 is 100 octane to 116 for 275 hp . The other issue is it’s a American made motor …how long it the crank & motor going to last at 275 hp with the motor boarding on detonation ?
I can't get that graph to expand. What is the stock HP?

I can't get that graph to expand. What is the stock HP?
Stock I believe has been reported at a touch over 180. Which makes sense since the claim was 10% more that a stock 850 (165hp)

Multiple Dynos showed the new BOOST at 192hp-ish
A couple videos show the Stock BOOST against Stock Sidewinder with equal pics & trail set ups
Both show the BOOST getting ahead a few sleds then basically staying same distance ahead for miles

Give or take a few simple things, it will be a close race STOCK
AGAIN I said STOCK

If anyone adds power to this new POO, they are Dancing with the Devil
I don't trust the NA 850 never mind a Boosted 850 & a Hopped Up Boosted 850...............................FuhGettaBoutit

Back