• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mach Z not stock king of the lake.

I get that those old Suzuki "Anvil" 1100s could be made to perform but...OMG...they are worst sounding sled motors ever!
lol
JM.02c
Yes, they sound like a Cub Cadet tractor with a plug wire pulled. Almost as bad as a Honda with a fart can. LOL

I moved on from 2 strokes back in 2006 when I bought my Apex. The only 2 strokes I have left are my two chainsaws. I will never own another 2 stroke and as far as I'm concerned the only engines that are worth owning in snowmobiles are the Yamaha and Rotax 4 strokes.
I love the 998 in the Winder and T cat and also the different 900's in the Doo's. There is nothing that can compete with the 998 when it's tuned up and from everything I have seen the Boost can't compete with the Doo or Yamaha 4 strokes even in stock tune.
Every year there is so much Polaris hype and the Boost was supposed to be the 2 stroke answer to the 4 stroke turbos. I think the Boost failures are just a small percentage of all the other Polaris short cummings the Poo faithful have to deal with.
I rode rx tons and apex sleds prior and no thanks. Good motors but my truck also has that.
In 09 with after buying a z1 and cfr1000 I went 4 stroke and said I’d never have a 2 stroke again.
The cfr was faster until we tuned the z1. We saw how the tuned z1 could run because Glenn hall had his sled out on lake racing us. After the 1100 onto 998s.The funny thing is 998 was never called slow or knocked. I have one and an 1100 and a boost.
I went back to a two stroke because they offer a better ride, a better chassis, and technology. This is my opinion.
They are more fun to me on trails in n wi.
I wouldn’t own a skidoo but an awful lot of people like them. That’s my opinion and they have theirs.
If you ride highways the 998 is better but we don’t. They are not as nice to ride anymore after riding the matrix imo just in how you sit on the sled. Cat may have something with the catalyst.
We drag race on the lake. If you want to go easy route buy what everyone has. I prefer the not as easy and again the two stroke failures come down to the same people with four stroke issues.

There have been plenty of fast two strokes and still are. The pump gas thing is almost laughable to me because call it what you want you can’t run big power without added octane.
240 1.5" lake racers at 1/2" penetration what do you run for traction
128 1.63 triggers on 1 inch track
240 is a lot!
Right.... But Trailblaizer is NOT comparing apples to apples as he thumps his chest! Is it fair to see him run against a pro mod with a 700hp when he has a trail sled, because he runs on race gas in the trail? The answer is NO. No one is doubting that he cant make a sled run, but to come on here saying that he beats most to all 998's is an insult where he has NOT really told the truth from the start. He is obviously is trying to stir the pot!

Like I said.... Start porting and changing the head like he did, full exhaust, Tune, bigger turbo, injectors, fuel pump, stretched to 154, etc..... He has no chance and nor should he. His 500 foot races is all about traction, gearing and transfer. Quick spool and a tune that is good for 500 feet and your golden. He thinks his "Trail Sled" on race gas will smoke all 4 strokes. Its annoying and no one cares about a 2 stroke BOOST on this form. The Mach Z is a direct comparison to the 998 and that is why the post went 50 + pages before he started thumping his chest about his big 2 stroke BOOST can beat the 998.
I raced big turbo 998s
There’s a video
I posted it
I ported my sled? Hmm. I’ll have to check that one out. I changed the head because the stock one has issues with design like 998 gears do stock. I changed them on my 998 also.
I wonder why the biggest racing circuit the outlaws run 500 ft?
Thumping my chest? I posted a video on you tube and it showed what happened? Sorry you didn’t like the results. I also came here to tell what it was. It was a mixer tune not full race. I was trail riding the sled on the trail on trail picks and got a phone call to race. I’ll race anyone so we did. There’s the video
I run stock exhaust on my boost. I would race your sled 1500 ft and you will be far behind
I prefer to race 998 with race gas and I also posted a video of a 998 against stock boost with TD ms17 and against a boost with a tune with boostane added at 1 oz gal to 91 oct. If we had 93 oct you could run it from the pump. It’s not available

On people’s interest
Yes there is a lot
Yes, they sound like a Cub Cadet tractor with a plug wire pulled. Almost as bad as a Honda with a fart can. LOL

They are built and built to make power though
Not light weight and breakable
998 will not come close to that motor in making big boost and hp
That’s my complaint on my 2 stroke also compared to a Suzuki

Last edited:
I have nothing against a 998 and if they put it in an updated chassis like Polaris and skidoo continue to do I’d buy another
The procross has been good but it’s time for new
Hopefully the catalyst fits the 998…
Or Polaris gets it

I have nothing against a 998 and if they put it in an updated chassis like Polaris and skidoo continue to do I’d buy another
The procross has been good but it’s time for new
Hopefully the catalyst fits the 998…
Or Polaris gets it
We are going to have a 2024 boost in our riding group next year and im sure it's going to have all the goodies on it so time will tell, currious what you paid for a 2023 un the usa

We are going to have a 2024 boost in our riding group next year and im sure it's going to have all the goodies on it so time will tell, currious what you paid for a 2023 un the usa
I paid 22,001 out the door at end of january.

Similar to fords
You can get leftovers much cheeper currently
Some backed out on late deliveries

Make sure someone in your group has a tow rope. I don't know who has the most unreliable two stroke engines Poo or Doo. I did talk to a Poo dealer who said he keeps a couple short block 850 engines in stock during the season and always ends up using them.

Make sure someone in your group has a tow rope. I don't know who has the most unreliable two stroke engines Poo or Doo. I did talk to a Poo dealer who said he keeps a couple short block 850 engines in stock during the season and always ends up using them.
Some guys talked to guys that heard your Mach was slow on here too.
Blah blah blah
Last two stroke I blew up was a indy 650 in early 90s
I agree the motors aren’t built like Suzuki 2 stroke but if you know enough they are fine.
Not a sled to hold wide open for miles

I read this on the internet so machs must be unreliable junk also
Lol
There’s an argument for all things I guess
I have seen a fast 900r on the lake
Was supposed to be north of 400hp
It had to re race my boost because they couldn’t call who won at finish line
It’s fast and has a lot of money in it
I have more boost now
998s are fast and todays benchmark
Can you beat them?
Yes
King of the lake
No

Attachments

• 734A14FC-E242-4CEE-9BCA-D1D94F0821B7.png
    734A14FC-E242-4CEE-9BCA-D1D94F0821B7.png
    91.9 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Some guys talked to guys that heard your Mach was slow on here too.
Blah blah blah
Last two stroke I blew up was a indy 650 in early 90s
I agree the motors aren’t built like Suzuki 2 stroke but if you know enough they are fine.
Not a sled to hold wide open for miles

I read this on the internet so machs must be unreliable junk also
Lol
There’s an argument for all things I guess
I have seen a fast 900r on the lake
Was supposed to be north of 400hp
It had to re race my boost because they couldn’t call who won at finish line
It’s fast and has a lot of money in it
I have more boost now
998s are fast and todays benchmark
Can you beat them?
Yes
King of the lake
No
I had a 89 Indy 650 and loved it. Those old 2 strokes were more reliable than any 2 stroke today and they used less oil. Back then they poured more fuel in them to keep them reliable, today they pour more oil in them. I’m never surprised when a modern 2 stroke blows up. They put out big power and they run lean. It’s not like whether a 2 stroke will blow its when. If you want a big powered reliable snowmobile engine it better be a turbo 4 stroke.

Your 23 is stock! When have you ever owned anything stock?

Yep, 100% out of the crate bone stock. Not even studded yet. I put only 65 miles on it so far.....

Right.... But Trailblaizer is NOT comparing apples to apples as he thumps his chest! Is it fair to see him run against a pro mod with a 700hp when he has a trail sled, because he runs on race gas in the trail? The answer is NO. No one is doubting that he cant make a sled run, but to come on here saying that he beats most to all 998's is an insult where he has NOT really told the truth from the start. He is obviously trying to stir the pot!

Like I said.... Start porting the 998 and changing the head like he did, full exhaust, Tune, bigger turbo, injectors, fuel pump, stretched to 154, etc..... He has no chance and nor should he. His 500 foot races is all about traction, gearing and transfer. Quick spool and a tune that is good for 500 feet and your golden. He thinks his "Trail Sled" on race gas will smoke all 4 strokes. Its annoying and no one cares about a 2 stroke BOOST on this form. The Mach Z is a direct comparison to the 998 and that is why the post went 50 + pages before he started thumping his chest about his big 2 stroke BOOST can beat the 998.
Sorry, I wasn’t referring to you. Was just making a general comment.
I’ve read Trailleaders posts and find some poking but he isn’t bashing the 998’s. He’s racing them and posting videos so that his claims are valid.
I’ll never own a Boost so I really don’t care how fast or slow they are.
I think it’s fair to admit that he’s got his sh@t working.
I’m more interested in the Mach Z vs the 998. I think sled for sled. The winder wins hands down bone stock but that isn’t the case when boosted.
There’s some good reading on some other forums about the do’s and don’t’s on the Mach.
Definitely not as easy to tune as these 998’s and not cheap either.
Looks like MCXPRESS has a nice set up for the Mach Z

Knock on wood...but i have over 1900 miles on my vr1 boost since january 29th, keep an open mind about things and if the stars align for you to try a boost give it a try, still loving the arm stretch'n torque of my winder also!

Back