• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My RTX LE 50th BUILD THREAD-ROCKERDAN

Is there any merit to using white plumbers tape on the thread for better seal of these threaded parts?
MS
Not needed, as shown in the pics of the TurboSmart BOV, there are Orings. So the seal is not relying on a threaded type seal where teflon tape would be needed.

Dan

RED Instrument panel side by side comparison.....

View attachment 132938 View attachment 132940
Dan,
Are you going to re-install the heated visor outlet?
I just bought a 2018 BTX LE 50th. It does not come from the factory with the visor outlet.
I was hoping you would explain how to do it. It may look simple, but any time I drill a hole into a new machine I get nervous.
Jeff
Sorry, I went straight to the pictures and didn't read the whole post. As usual you covered all the bases.
Jeff

Last edited:
Dan,
Are you going to re-install the heated visor outlet?
I just bought a 2018 BTX LE 50th. It does not come from the factory with the visor outlet.
I was hoping you would explain how to do it. It may look simple, but any time I drill a hole into a new machine I get nervous.
Jeff
Sorry, I went straight to the pictures and didn't read the whole post. As usual you covered all the bases.
Jeff
I know on my 50th which came with the heated shield plug, it was plugged into a factory plugin on the factory harness under hood. Im not sure if any other models would have this plugin on wire harness.

I ran my HJC cable up to bars as I like that setup best, much easier to 'feel' at night when jumping on sled.

Dan

I know on my 50th which came with the heated shield plug, it was plugged into a factory plugin on the factory harness under hood. Im not sure if any other models would have this plugin on wire harness.

I ran my HJC cable up to bars as I like that setup best, much easier to 'feel' at night when jumping on sled.

Dan
I haven't used a heated shield since 2006. We all have BVS2 helmets now and never ever think about needing heated shields.

I haven't used a heated shield since 2006. We all have BVS2 helmets now and never ever think about needing heated shields.
Tried one of those for about 5 mins and that went back..lol

I always have a hard time liking helmets, and love my ckx modular as it rarely ever needs elec to be plugged on. Only on coldest days, and as you know on my trails we ride like mad men alot and breathing heavy/sweating , so it depends on temp alot for actually plugging in.

I fogged up the BVs2 like crazy...lol

I always have a hard time liking helmets, and love my ckx modular as it rarely ever needs elec to be plugged on. Only on coldest days, and as you know on my trails we ride like mad men alot and breathing heavy/sweating , so it depends on temp alot for actually plugging in.

I have the ckx tranz 1.5 modular helmet and when it doesn't freeze shut it's not bad. Lol

Who drives like Madmen LOL I can still see that Cop jumping off the trail as I came around corner in Kearney LOL Good Ole Poker Run Bahahaha

Dan, by chance, do you have a part number for the Doo muffs? I just wanted you to know that you are costing my a ton of money with what you are doing! Keep it up.

Dan
I did this on my 04 Cat. zip tied a nice RCA female plug on the left handlebar. As a fulltime electric shield guy it was great for finding in the dark and not being in the way.

Dan, by chance, do you have a part number for the Doo muffs? I just wanted you to know that you are costing my a ton of money with what you are doing! Keep it up.
Here you go Brother....

Dan

brp muffs.jpg
brp muffs2.jpg

STUDS

Got the studs in now that we have ice in.

Just a few pics...nothing crazy.

1.450'' Gold Diggers in a 2/4/2/4 pattern with singles and doubles.

9/16" penetration, good trail pattern.

Stud Boy Pattern: 2563-00 Template
IMG_0570.JPG

Closest studs together on this pattern have 1-3/4" spacing, Plenty of room for CENTER REAR Protector.
IMG_0571.JPG

IMG_0572.JPG

IMG_0573.JPG

9/16" penetration with Woodys 1.450'' on a 1.25'' Camso rip2.
IMG_0574.JPG
IMG_0575.JPG
IMG_0583.JPG
IMG_0587.JPG
IMG_0588.JPG

Last edited:
Had a coolant leak which I posted about in another thread, I will link to that thread here for future reference.

Anyone with leaking coolant on right side coming from front of track area, see this thread.
https://ty4stroke.com/threads/exchanger-coolant-leak-fixed-fuel-tank-battery-removal.150907/

For those with coolant hose tears/breakage from ice chunks, I highly suspect a loose coolant hose to be the culprit for the hose being torn off by ice. This issue was never shown in season one, but season 2('18s) many had loose hose clamps like mine did, and sure enough some guys had tears from ice, i think its no coincidence

Dan

Last edited:

Back