• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My RTX LE 50th BUILD THREAD-ROCKERDAN

At night is when they are best. They are more to be seen then to see however.

You can wire them up stock(to key as I did) and try it, if you dont like them then add a switch.

One thing of note for guys who run tall windows..they will "backlight" the tall window, and may be annoying. I cannot speak to that as I always ran a X window or XRS window on the DOO, and BRP does not paint their windows solid, so this was a non issue. My dealer brought this up as he runs a taller window.

I also run my riser fairly straight up, as we are located on a tight trail system which begs you to be as far ahead as you can with knees sweeping the panels. So the light reflected on backside of window for me is quite minimal. Lots of subtle things to consider here.

Dan
On a switch is great for when you pit stop in the woods at night...
fire one up and crack one open :sled1:

Crack one open when you get home for the night, not on the trail please!
I don't drink... lol
You should see all the beer cans in the cabins... tell me riders don't have a beer or two!
Ok back to Dan!
Cheers! Lol

At night is when they are best. They are more to be seen then to see however.

You can wire them up stock(to key as I did) and try it, if you dont like them then add a switch.

One thing of note for guys who run tall windows..they will "backlight" the tall window, and may be annoying. I cannot speak to that as I always ran a X window or XRS window on the DOO, and BRP does not paint their windows solid, so this was a non issue. My dealer brought this up as he runs a taller window.

I also run my riser fairly straight up, as we are located on a tight trail system which begs you to be as far ahead as you can with knees sweeping the panels. So the light reflected on backside of window for me is quite minimal. Lots of subtle things to consider here.

Dan

Probably no backlit problems on the short stock windshield that's on the RTX 50th LE... it's too short I would imagine.

Lots of Doo Talk guys here. There is nothing wrong with owning multiple brands, it makes sled ownership that much more fun. Too bad there are so many blind brand loyal guys on DT because it makes it very uncomfortable to post there. I'm glad we have Dan here doing what he does best and I'm really looking forward to the rest of his build and his performance results.

Lots of Doo Talk guys here. There is nothing wrong with owning multiple brands, it makes sled ownership that much more fun. Too bad there are so many blind brand loyal guys on DT because it makes it very uncomfortable to post there. I'm glad we have Dan here doing what he does best and I'm really looking forward to the rest of his build and his performance results.
JOE,I was a Yamaha guy well before i had Doos

JOE,I was a Yamaha guy well before i had Doos
Yamaha and Ski Doo are the only brands I have bought in the last 14 years. I enjoy both of them but as soon as I bought my SW Myself and others who bought them took a lot of crap over on DT.

Dan, yes I'm being a little facetious, I will try to exchange the hand guards for credit against the gold diggers, otherwise its all business. Also, your Garmin post last year motivated me to install a refurbed Zumo 550 and it worked great.
Will take a closer look at the LinQ at Doo dealer soon. Always great to learn about your mods.

Last edited:

Back