• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My RTX LE 50th BUILD THREAD-ROCKERDAN

Graphics Part 2

I wanted to install some matte black vinyl around the key and 12v plug on dash, as that gloss black section gets scratched up fast there.

I also added the rest of the graphics I had in my design ideas.....

And I got the procross handguards finished with YAMAHA graphics....

Very, very nice job with your DIY graphics and application! Kudos.

I really like the way the whole package flows together with the 50th Ann. colors.

You shouldn't have any issues now keeping the white panels clean from any knee contact.

Excellent choice for your registration number placement and font choice.

Thanks very much for this awesome thread. ;)!

Awesome job on the decals Dan! It looks amazing! Even though I love the look of the 50th I felt from the start there was too much white with those side panels and I was glad to have the red instead. Now after what you did I'm jealous! Keep showing us more of your awesome work and great ideas. Don't think I'm blowing smoke up your butt because if you come up with something dumb I will tell you my honest opinion.;)!

LinQ Brackets - White Out Technologies

Got home to another delivery today. My LinQ brackets showed up from White Out. Nicely machined brackets, All aluminum and Anodized(Not PC'd) with countersunk holes for SS mounting screws. Nice design.

For those that dont know about LinQ, its the BRP system of luggage, and is slick. Most everyone agrees there is nothing that works so flawlessly, yet is removed in seconds, and will never come off even pounding through the worst junk. Take it into your hotel room in a split second. BRP does alot of things right, and LinQ is one of those things. They are re-badging them for 18 and removing the massive SKIDOO logos, as they can see a cash cow in their design. So simple yet noone else came up with it.

These White Out Brackets are a less obtrusive system then the Up North large single bracket that crosses the entire tunnel & looks quite overpowering on the tunnel when the LinQ bag is not slapped on. I wanted to keep the stock small tool bag in place, and so I wont need to run the LinQ "short bag" on normal day to day local riding and so I wanted these brackets for better looks without the bag in place. Breeze to install, directions are downloaded in PDF form on their site.

LinQ brackets need to be 15 1/4" inches (hole to hole centers) apart across the tunnel, and so the centers of the WOT Bracket holes(center to center) should measure 12 5/8" apart across the tunnel. This is all in their PDF instructions.

I applied painters tape to the outer edges of tunnel, and did my measurements locating the 3 holes(per bracket). I tested the bag(front to back) to be sure I located it in a good spot so it would allow enough room to open the stock smaller tool bag, but not be too far back. This design of "short bag" works well with the tailight, as its got a nice cutout section on back/bottom for the tailight. I had pre-thought about all this last season, as the RTX is tougher to make this all work. The mountain seat without long tail, allow this LID to be open and bent back(stays open), which worked out very well. I have a new bag coming from BRP without the SKIDOO LOGO on it, the new ones say LINQ only now.

IMG_9985.JPG
IMG_9988.JPG
IMG_9989.JPG
IMG_9990.JPG
IMG_9993.JPG
IMG_9994.JPG
IMG_9996.JPG
IMG_9997.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG
View attachment 132044 View attachment 132045
IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0024.JPG
IMG_0025.JPG
IMG_0026.JPG
IMG_0029.JPG
IMG_0027.JPG

Last edited:
Where are all those stickers going? I can guess what the registration number is for the sled, but the rest? The trailer?
Where did you get the stickers....nice
DIY Lettering dot com says the box!:die

Well, some might call them stickers...... Every single "graphic" was designed by me. Any lettering type graphic is made directly on their website, and I have spent numerous hours going through all their customizing options. I have been making my REG numbers there for years now, it allows you to really get creative. Cost is very very reasonable too!

As for other graphics, I can design anything I can come up with on my PC here, and send it to them....they send back a "proof" and if I like it, or want it tweaked I tell them. But this way I design each part of my sled graphics, coming up with an overall theme. This is what you usually pay for when buying a wrap, all the original cutting to panel size, and design work. The vinyl is not expensive really, its all about the work ahead of time. I really liked messing around with all these designs, and like how it all turned out. One thing for sure,noone will have another one like it...lol

Dan

Last edited:
Very, very nice job with your DIY graphics and application! Kudos.

I really like the way the whole package flows together with the 50th Ann. colors.

You shouldn't have any issues now keeping the white panels clean from any knee contact.

Excellent choice for your registration number placement and font choice.

Thanks very much for this awesome thread. ;)!
Thank you Sir! That means alot coming from you bud!

You know I absolutely love your wrap design , and its not often I do! I tend to not like all the crazy busy wraps out there, and my 50th is quite busy for what Im used to, but I wanted to go with it obviously as its a special edition year.

thanks!
Dan

:yam:

:rocks:

Awesome job on the decals Dan! It looks amazing! Even though I love the look of the 50th I felt from the start there was too much white with those side panels and I was glad to have the red instead. Now after what you did I'm jealous! Keep showing us more of your awesome work and great ideas. Don't think I'm blowing smoke up your butt because if you come up with something dumb I will tell you my honest opinion.;)!
LOL Joe.....

Oh I know you always tell it like it is bud!...haha

Might be first snow coming next week, and Up north should be some for sure! haha

BRP "Clear View" Handlebar Muffs

I have had these muffs for a couple seasons now. I have always been prone to cold hands my whole life. And so I have always tried to get the thickest gloves available, and just never had great luck when the temps got below 10f or so. About 4 yrs ago BRP came out with a thin glove that I saw in their book. One person on Dootalk reviewed them, and swore up and down how great they were. So I set out to get a pair, and that first season it was nearly impossible. But I did end up finding a pair. They were everything that guy said they were.

Special materials do not allow them to get wet, no matter how much you sweat! They are thin on palm, and have a great GRIP, which is why their name is "grip glove". I found that I did not need to hang on so tight anymore, which would cut off circulation. Now the thin glove allowed heaters to cook my hands. I dont wear anything else anymore. Now they are a thinner glove, so for temps below 10f they do need more help, and the solution is the BRP MUFFS. This combo is unbeatable for hot hands period. And these muffs with clear view are the best ive used. Rigid, and can see your controls, and they dont flop around....they fit well with handguards too.

I decided to break out the acetone/pvc plumbing 'cleaner'(depot) and with a little bit of work, the massive skidoo logos were history......look great now all black.

Shown below they are installed with my new Procross handGuards and fit even better then on my doo, since these procross handguards have brackets that leave alot more space between the throttle/brake block and the bracket, and these muffs can be velcroed on in many ways in seconds.

NOTE: At initial fitting, I feel that the new Tcat style 'race brake lever' will work just fine with the muffs. Will know for sure at time of riding test, but the lever does not seem to be held down at all by muff. I do have a shorty POO Hayes lever if need be.

IMG_0030.JPG
IMG_0031.JPG
IMG_0033.JPG
IMG_0034.JPG
IMG_0037.JPG
IMG_0038.JPG
IMG_0041.JPG
IMG_0043.JPG
IMG_0048.JPG
IMG_0094.JPG
IMG_0095.JPG
IMG_0096.JPG
IMG_0097.JPG
IMG_0098.JPG
IMG_0100.JPG
IMG_0103.JPG

Last edited:
Acetone is your friend- LOL ;)

Since the plumbing cleaner worked so well on the Muffs...I decided to try it on the LinQ bag....and with some time and effort, the LinQ "all black" Bag looks fantastic!

Getting rid of that huge stripe was a pain, but with some acetone and a worn file to 'scrape' away at the paint after the acetone softened it....it was not too bad.

Load it up with armor all after all is done....

:bling

IMG_0051.JPG

IMG_0052.JPG
IMG_0056.JPG
IMG_0061.JPG
IMG_0065.JPG
IMG_0068.JPG
IMG_0070.JPG
IMG_0071.JPG
IMG_0072.JPG
IMG_0074.JPG
IMG_0076.JPG
IMG_0077.JPG
IMG_0081.JPG
IMG_0082.JPG
IMG_0083.JPG
IMG_0084.JPG

LOL Joe.....

Oh I know you always tell it like it is bud!...haha

Might be first snow coming next week, and Up north should be some for sure! haha
So its a dooyamaboost sled ha dan,very special effects,and functional,and in time fast to I bet lol.

CAI(Cold Air Intake) Mockup Installation- Custom design(Part2)

After my mock up, I ordered the k&n I wanted online, to get the exact size i needed to make this CAI a perfect custom fit.I know many of these CAI kits look the same,but there are subtle differences when you really dig in. This design gave me what I was looking for. The most airflow to the clutches, and a direct cold air entry point into the filter.

The key here is having two bends, this allows me to tweak the angles perfectly. Anyone who does plumbing as I do in the biz, knows you can make any angle you want when you use more then one elbow coupling. So the silicone 90 degree elbow and then the aluminum 15 degree elbow allows for a straight flanged filter with heavy taper(3.5'' to 2") and a length of 5" allows for the perfect fit behind the stock screen.

Still waiting for my outerwears but it will be here Monday.

Final design fully installed here(Part3):
https://ty4stroke.com/threads/my-rtx-le-50th-build-thread-rockerdan.149801/page-20#post-1407122

IMG_0106.JPG

IMG_0109.JPG

IMG_0112.JPG

IMG_0110.JPG

IMG_0125.JPG

IMG_0130.JPG

IMG_0141.JPG

You can see here how the 15 degree bend allows me to swing the filter upward into top of screen, allowing for max cold air to pour under it down to clutches. This is why the smaller k&n is what I wanted, the perfect tapered fit.
IMG_0144.JPG
IMG_0145.JPG
IMG_0146.JPG
IMG_0148.JPG
IMG_0149.JPG
IMG_0150.JPG
IMG_0153.JPG
IMG_0154.JPG
IMG_0155.JPG
IMG_0156.JPG

IMG_0157.JPG

Last edited:
So its a dooyamaboost sled ha dan,very special effects,and functional,and in time fast to I bet lol.
That was the point Pete......I hated seeing all these other "logos" on these Winders. So I wanted to be sure there was no logo left showing for mine. Its too bad Yamaha cannot get into the accessories more. I wish they would hire me, I would love creating the best fitting and most useful accessories for Yamaha. BRP is the king of this for sure.

I dont care who makes the stuff, It it works I want it. And so I dont mind breaking out the acetone now and again..lol

Dan

Back