• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My RTX LE 50th BUILD THREAD-ROCKERDAN

I bought the SW console knee pads. Does anyone have an idea on what to use to get the warning stickers off? Would the 91% isopropyl alcohol work or something else?

thanks,

Fred

Dan, it's my understanding that you have tuned your sled, any feedback? Or am I missing something.

A heat gun will take the off easily.
He's talking about the print on the pads, not stickers!

Sent from my SM-T705W using Tapatalk

I bought the SW console knee pads. Does anyone have an idea on what to use to get the warning stickers off? Would the 91% isopropyl alcohol work or something else?

thanks,

Fred
Off topic

I must say to you Rocker Dan . You gotta be one of the most helpful guy's I have ever MET ON THE FORUMS. It' will be my pleasure to meet you in person . And the first thing I would do is give you a hand shake with a big Thanks for all your help. :) .

x1000

If you ever come back to Mont-Valin this year or an other year, let me know! First 2 beers will be on me for all your help! THANKS!

Yes, I'm talking about the print on the pads, it's not a sticker like the one that comes with the sled. Any ideas to remove the print without trashing the pads?

thanks,

Fred

The warning stickers on side panels(knee area) come off quite easily. A blow dryer is always a better choice for removing vinyl then a heat gun. It does not take much heat to soften and peel off vinyl stickers/graphics.

You can then clean the panel with 91% Isopropyl alcohol prior to new install. Be sure to heat up the plastics before install with blow dryer, even if you are inside. Helps alot.

Dan

Yes, I'm talking about the print on the pads, it's not a sticker like the one that comes with the sled. Any ideas to remove the print without trashing the pads?
Gotcha....for print on graphics on any seats or pads ect....acetone will usually work well. But I also find the "cleaner" for PVC plumbing pipe from Home depot, which has a nice little cotton ball applicator works nicely. Its basically same as acetone.

I used this method to remove printed on graphics on my LinQ bags and Doo Muffs.

Just be sure to get it all off, wipe it down...then load her up with some vinyl protectant(armor all ect.) when done to condition the surface as the acetone will tend to dry it out if left un-conditioned.

Dan

Be careful if you use acetone! It will take the warning stuff off alright but if it gets on the edges at all it will peel it up. I have a set that I won’t be putting on now.

For what its worth, do not use heat as it will separate the inner foam layer from the outer fabric quickly. When these pads are manufactured, the fabrics are laminated to the foam using heat and / or adhesive.

Last edited:
For what its worth, do not use much heat as it will separate the inner foam layer from the outer fabric quickly. When these pads are manufactured, the fabrics are laminated to the foam using heat and / or adhesive.
Noone said to use heat on pads ......I surely would not.

Thanks all, I'll try some acetone followed nu ArmorAll...I'll let you know. These graphics really stick out like a sore thumb on the dark green knee pads.

Fred

thanks,

Fred
I have Skinz knee pads, no comparison! OEM ones are junk!

Back