• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nyper build thread

I gotta admit, the first time I saw the tubing running all the way back from the steering hoop support I thought that's gonna be awkward to ride. I'm guessing you prefer Stand-up riding to sitting (I know I do) but even so I'm wondering how comfortable you'll be straddling the frame all the time, especially since it gets wider as you move back on the sled. I really like all of the room it creates over the motor, but I wonder if the fuel tank being so tall will make the sled a bit top heavy.

E0C3FAAE-0104-4A12-83B6-C32737240CFB.jpeg
1066F382-3A7C-45C2-BA5F-8D2B294CD9C3.jpeg
I must say I wasn’t to sure on the look of your tank design. But then I seen the new seat tank combo from skinz and it looks real similar. I think it will work out well. here is a pic

Interesting ... looks like that tank incorporates an oil resevoir as well.

Been awhile. I’m not sure how the fuel tank is going to work out. I can always cut out those tubes if needed. I have stood on the running boards and it feels fine but actual riding is different than garage riding. I’m still not sure how much I like the rear suspension mount/bumper either but I’ll probably just weld it for now and can change it later.

All of my cleaned joints are starting to surface rust so I was forced to remove everything from the frame and I’m going to start welding it out the next few days. I need to get it welded then get the motor mounts done, chaincase mounts done and then paint it to keep it from rusting while I work on it. Here’s a few pics of everything removed.

Drivetrain came out together which was nice.
D8736C5A-A95E-4A72-9604-45911253F904.jpeg

817C0CA5-BD3E-4782-9BB5-9DB3EBB52256.jpeg

BCCE6D96-3FD6-454A-9D6F-95C63E081E5A.jpeg

8FFE4051-243D-477E-B7CD-C9E66E5682F1.jpeg

7BAAFD35-41E8-4AC5-911A-7839F83FDCD9.jpeg

Was browsing PHC's site today, and this photo of Captain Ron standing next to his boost-it Honda reminded me of your build ... some similarities are there for sure.
DSC_0741.jpg

Got it pulled out of the jig today. Because I ran the tube below the a-arm mounts I had to grind the welds and remove them. I drilled 1/4” holes and put bolts in first so I could get them back in place if I ever need to. I did it very quick and crude. I had to grind a few different things out of the way on the jig to remove the chassis. I’m going to clean up the jig and then spray paint it keep it from rusting.
600673B4-9091-4F50-9AEB-E2C11148FF9D.jpeg

3DEDE493-BC6C-4070-AE9A-C2DF331DD698.jpeg

I don’t have a good fish scale anymore so no weight.
9025FA79-FE32-48A9-8CD5-16F0BE27CDD6.jpeg

- I need to finish welding everything but the rear suspension mounts(still might change them)
- Weld in the forward upper a-arm tab
- Weld in 1 coolant fitting

Then I can put it back in the jig and do the motor and drivetrain plus about 20 other things.

Resting it nose down on my postal scale it’s 26 lbs as pictured, my calculations have been spot on. If I can stay on track then I should be under 40 lbs for a finished chassis including the tunnel skin, front tunnel enclosure, exhaust shields and seat.

That (the actual weight) is impressive! Are you still shooting for 400 lbs wet?

Well with the new mountain max /cat out. I bet you will really want to finish this sled. I’m guessing life got in the way with kids and such and this beauty is getting dusty in the corner. How’s it coming along?

Works for me haha.

I’ve made progress, finished welding it out, got the upper a-arm tabs welded on and rear suspension/tunnel gussets done. Will post some pics after I get a little further.

It 100% won’t be on the snow this winter. It was killing me watching it sit and collect dust but my Polaris RZR eats up most of my free time and kids are older and life is busier. My goal for this winter is to get all fabrication done, strip it back down, sandblast the frame and paint it with Steel-It to protect it, then re-assemble while I take next summer to shop for a front/rear suspension and track.

Back