• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Offset wrong under load? Video

I didn't have an orange secondary spring. I had the original kit that was a different primary spring, glide washers and the weights. Stock secondary. Even with the BO Dalton, it was better, but still not right. I was tired of playing with it so I changed the weighs, put the stock primary spring back in and voila it works perfect now. I'm sure the weights are great for someone that drag races and has 400 HP. That's not me though. I want something that just works well, makes belts last and I can adjust in a couple minutes on the side of the trail if I need to. The season is so short, I don't want to spend it tinkering with clutch tuning. I'd rather be riding.

Will someone's sled with some other clutch setup beat me in a drag race? Maybe. Do IGAF? Not really. I just want the thing fun and reliable. Now it is.

By the way, I am holding on to the the weights in case I put the sled on asphalt. I just won't ever use them on the trail again. Like I said, I think they have their place and probably work good in that application, if set up properly.

Back