• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder Diagnostic Codes

cannondale27

Staff member
Vendor
You guys get the use of the original YDS tool rather than the Cat made YDST. That's a good thing if based on past. Not sure if in manual but here is Diagnostic Codes from Tech Update Book.
image.jpeg

Steve, Can you make sure as they are added to the site we add them to the Sidewinder FAQ for later reference?

There should also be a copy of this with your owners manual!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will put this in FAQ because many of us don't carry our manual on sled when the code read is needed. All it takes is a phone and Internet this way. Did this exact thing on my SRX over ten years ago. And Phazer 5 years ago. Saved the ride. Feel free to add anything you feel is helpful in this way and I will put it in FAQ.

This is actually the codes that YDS tool uses is many others also. Look at some of these.
Lean sensor angle. Is there a rollover shutoff? Sure looks like it
What is the radiator fan relay for?
Parking Brake Switch?

This is actually the codes that YDS tool uses is many others also. Look at some of these.
Lean sensor angle. Is there a rollover shutoff? Sure looks like it
What is the radiator fan relay for?
Parking Brake Switch?
It's probably like the nytro. In diag mode you go to fan relay you can hit something and it will turn on the fan so you can check/trouble shoot it.

My friend out riding today had a sr26 (?) pop up. Sled wouldn't pull over 80 or 7350RPM.

Mine did same last weekend. Dealer called it as "Intake Sensor Code". Reading forums here found others with similar and that intake tubes were loose, so should be easy fix. Another item to watch that I also just learned on another TY forum was that the 2 bolts on the turbo seem to be loosening and must keep an eye on them and possibly need a lockwasher (Nordlock) or some sort of locking technique to rectify.

Just had my sidewinder out and code SD_42 started flashing, it also said I’m going 261mph ...looking it up it says speed sensor, any idea what’s causing this, just got it back from the dealer doing all the updates and it was running fine.... is this a simple unhook the battery reset fix or worse?

Back