• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Cutting Production for 2019

Not just cutting sled production also cutting dealers.My dealer got terminated today as he was told to remain a dealer he had to take more of their products, he told them to STICK IT!. He was also told me there are cutting up to 45 dealers across Canada.

Not just cutting sled production also cutting dealers.My dealer got terminated today as he was told to remain a dealer he had to take more of their products, he told them to STICK IT!. He was also told me there are cutting up to 45 dealers across Canada.
Unfortunately I’ve been hearing this also. They’re supposedly cutting yamaha dealers that aren’t carrying the full yamaha lineup...they’re taking appropriate steps in order to survive. That’s what big companies do, when times get tough, you gotta make cuts! Unfortunately some people will end up loosing their jobs...

This is where things start to get tricky.

GM did this not too long ago.
When I worked for Denso NA for 9yrs, we were pumping out so many hvac units for Honda, Toyota, Lexus and it was crazy at how many car lots were so backed up and full of old models. Literally hundreds of thousands of new cars just sitting idle. We were working 60hrs a week and then we were down to 40hrs and some people ended up loosing there jobs, they kept only the good workers...good excuse to clean house anyways.

When I worked for Denso NA for 9yrs, we were pumping out so many hvac units for Honda, Toyota, Lexus and it was crazy at how many car lots were so backed up and full of old models. Literally hundreds of thousands of new cars just sitting idle. We were working 60hrs a week and then we were down to 40hrs and some people ended up loosing there jobs, they kept only the good workers...good excuse to clean house anyways.

100% the whole thing really sucks. But no choice.

I live by a plant/holding grounds. 100 Acres of product just sitting around for months.....idk.

Loyal dealers have to get hurt. Mostly mom & pop stuff. Which just hurts the worse.

100% the whole thing really sucks. But no choice.

I live by a plant/holding grounds. 100 Acres of product just sitting around for months.....idk.

Loyal dealers have to get hurt. Mostly mom & pop stuff. Which just hurts the worse.
Fortunally for my dealer he is also one of the largest Arctic Cat dealers in the Province

Well I’ll throw my quarter peeny sense in here.
Didn’t Yamaha say they had a five year plan. When this all started ?
Ok by my books they missed it by one year
‘14 viper
‘15 viper mountain
‘16 viper something
‘17 Winder
‘18 sno scoot
‘19 SRX wanna be.

So could it be the year of 2020?
Who knows. Got my rubber boots on now. Getting pretty deep here.

Can we get this thread up to page 267 by years end? Maybe
Have more faith in TY clan then I do Yamahaha.

Well I’ll throw my quarter peeny sense in here.
Didn’t Yamaha say they had a five year plan. When this all started ?
Ok by my books they missed it by one year
‘14 viper
‘15 viper mountain
‘16 viper something
‘17 Winder
‘18 sno scoot
‘19 SRX wanna be.

So could it be the year of 2020?
Who knows. Got my rubber boots on now. Getting pretty deep here.

Can we get this thread up to page 267 by years end? Maybe
Have more faith in TY clan then I do Yamahaha.

You mean 5 year plan with Arctic Cat? That has been thrown around for quite awhile but from all accounts they never really had a contract saying it was 5 years, more of a handshake deal.

Just recently I heard from a solid source how the AC/Yam deal got it's seed started. Apparently when former Supertrax editor CJ Ramstead passed away there were AC top brass and also Yamaha top brass at the funeral. One of the Yamaha guys mentioned to one of the AC guys as kind of a half hearted joke......"one of our 4s motors would be great in your ProCross chassis". It likely planted a seed...... Anyways some time went by but then Suzuki had announced they could no longer develop new engines for Cat. They could still supply existing ones but nothing new. As we know Cat went to work and started their 2s engine plant in St. Cloud,Mn. but also made the agreement with Yamaha on the 4s engines and the rest is history.

I think Yamaha had other deciding factors too to hook up with Cat, the tsunami in Japan had hurt supply chains and the fluctuating Yen and their own reduced sales.

So , the Dealers were allowed to order 3 left over sleds a Day till they were all gone . how did that go ? I herd they all went the first day .
That must be a Good thing for the Master Plan.

I have been biting my tongue all week, but I can’t take it anymore. What a bunch of drama queens! Oh woe is me where do we go from here? Blah blah blah.

First of all I love sledding as much or more than the next guy, but really? Where do we go from here? I can guarantee you I will be riding something in the years to come whether it’s a Yamaha or not.

A company is in business to make money and works for it’s shareholders and the people in charge will do what they think is best for the organization. I mean really does GM consult with its customer if they want to use an IZUSU diesel in their Duramax trucks or if they want to enter into a joint venture with Toyota or shut down brands like they did with Pontiac, Saturn, and Oldsmobile. No they do the best they can think of at the time. And we either, like their products and buy them, or we don’t, end of story. Joint ventures come and go and Yamaha may try to listen to us and get ideas, but they don’t owe us an explanation or have to tell us what they are doing next.

So far my Viper runs awesome and is a great little trail hot rod, but when I need a new sled if I’m lucky enough to live that long I will look at what’s out there and make the best choice that I can based on what’s in the marketplace. I hope Yamaha is still there, but if not it would be a shame but that’s life. ( I would have a hard time buying a Polaris though as that XLT 600 I had to rebuild 3 times in 2 years still leaves a bad taste in my mouth even though I am sure they are much better now.) J

In the meantime I have a great wife and kids and get to live on God’s green earth and regardless of what happens with Yamaha snowmobiles life will go on.

Flame away if you want and keep this little soap opera going, I’m done.

Peace and cheers to all the good men and women of TY.

Back