• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020-2021 season, Sidewinder testing and racing. Hit my goal of 140+mph

Thanks to @HURRICANE this sled is a monster!

It's datalogging from Hurricane to an I-pad that I am still learning how to operate. But, it is my dash now and shows the engine functions. But the datalogging is priceless for tuning and recording runs. I just bought all of this recently and hooked it up 2-3 weeks ago.

My son taught me how to do a screen shot last night....LOL. Now I see a camera on the side where I could take a pic...LMAO!

This shows the max mph and trying to get the screen to stop on the exact point is hard. I was already off the throttle at this point. But shows the tune I was running also. If there was a knock, it kicks it down to the next tune which would be 270SS.

But I love this technology to record everything. The pic at the bottom is one I found on the internet showing how it is mounted.

View attachment 160477

View attachment 160478
VERY NICE!

MPH says 132?

The MPH reads that 132 cause I was already off of the throttle (notice the throttle position is not 100%). The 132MPH is in real time as the 142MPH was max.

Going through the file again, the speed and MAX track speed were the same at 142MPH, I just needed to "stretch" out the data lines further which makes it easier to read and pinpoint on.

@0degC If I put in a SIM card, would the I-Pad have an app to have GPS so I can get rid of my other GPS?

Are u sure these speeds are correct.
Seems fast for the power level.
I know my 18 with the 141 read much higher than actual due to the different drivers with 3 inch pitch.
Try a Dragy out, or use the speedometer69 app.
I think you will find that your mph is off by over 10 mph at least

Yes, the speeds are within 2mph of my Garmin gps

I need to get our TD gauge hooked up so I can have 60ft, and the other measurement data.

A Dragy works well as you have all the data on your phone.

What if cell phone reception is bad? Still works?

Dragy GPS performance app?

Yes it Bluetooths to your phone. Great tool to have. I had the TD GPS, dragy is better in my opinion.

Just downloaded it to my phone

You can set custom distances, 0-140 mph as an example and it will tell you the distance it took you to hit that mph. Very cool.
Screenshot_20210312-095412_dragy.jpg

Just quick question about the Dragy how does it work

does it connect to the sled via wire or is it a little GPS unit all it’s own

do you have to push a button before a run

Quite interesting

Just quick question about the Dragy how does it work

does it connect to the sled via wire or is it a little GPS unit all it’s own

do you have to push a button before a run

Quite interesting
Small device that magnetically mounts to your sled. It connects to 2 satellites. It's wireless. Charges with a USB. It doesn't lie and you can't cheat.

Back