• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Early dyno reports (850R)

I honestly don’t think the 850’s break 110. My ole lady on her 850 vr1 is 107-108 on gauge all day long. Sidewinders on average are 115-118 stock on gauge/gps. Some minor work and that skyrockets for us. I’d say if this thing his 112-115 range it’s a win for them. $20k in tuning a race fuel sure it will compete with our sleds we’re taking on 2-300mile days.
Right on. I'm reviewing meth for my car. Sure is an easy set up. Only problem is I need to get my car tuned for it. Too bad turbo dynamics doesn't have a tune set-up for meth.
The kit only costs $350+/- talk about long pulls for us, without a care in the world.

Can't wait to run up against these new time bombs this year.
Haven't seen a fast 850 yet. Matter of fact I just leave them at the start and drive away.
Ran the NA 850's and Boost now waiting for the bomb a dier to show up hooked on meth.

Right on. I'm reviewing meth for my car. Sure is an easy set up. Only problem is I need to get my car tuned for it. Too bad turbo dynamics doesn't have a tune set-up for meth.
The kit only costs $350+/- talk about long pulls for us, without a care in the world.

I ran Meth on my old Z1 Turbo, Although it worked, its no the answer for a snowmobile. Mine drank it like an alcoholic, if you didn't feed it enough you couldn't run the boost up to where the machine was fast, not enough meth and it would pull timing, power and eventually flash the dash and pull the power. I could go thru a gallon of it in less than 80 miles running hard. Yep, I had a gallon tank in the old Z1 turbo.

Ran meth onthe 1100 turbo for years , worked excellent IMHO only downfall I had was the location of the meth pump on the clutch side , blow a belt and you’d smack the pumo.

I’m pretty sure TD has tunes for meth setups on the 998 but they didn’t advertise the set up

I ran Meth on my old Z1 Turbo, Although it worked, its no the answer for a snowmobile. Mine drank it like an alcoholic, if you didn't feed it enough you couldn't run the boost up to where the machine was fast, not enough meth and it would pull timing, power and eventually flash the dash and pull the power. I could go thru a gallon of it in less than 80 miles running hard. Yep, I had a gallon tank in the old Z1 turbo.
Yes, I'm sure you had difficulty to keep the tank full. Same will apply to these heavily modified 850r's. Should be fun.
I know they have progressive injection using map sensor or a Hobbs switch to turn it on, referenced with boost.
I'm kinda surprised we don't have something referenced thru an air temp sensor. With a set of specific parameters to control its ability to turn on at saying 160° or something like that. Wouldn't even come on unless you are really trucking.
And could just be used to steady the temperatures. Too complicated, huh.
The problem with the Hobbs switch, these damn turbos crank up boost just skating through the parking lot.
So I'm sure you could cut power from the hobbs until you need it

Ran meth onthe 1100 turbo for years , worked excellent IMHO only downfall I had was the location of the meth pump on the clutch side , blow a belt and you’d smack the pumo.

I’m pretty sure TD has tunes for meth setups on the 998 but they didn’t advertise the set up
No easy fix on a reservoir location....hmm

Will a two stroke require more meth than a four stroke?
I have no idea what the formula is meth per HP, two stroke vs four stroke.

I'm assuming the lack of an intercooler would force skidoo to dial up the meth as it's the only thing cooling the incoming air.

I honestly don’t think the 850’s break 110. My ole lady on her 850 vr1 is 107-108 on gauge all day long
The 850's are quick, but not fast. I ride with a bunch of them. They are tapped out just after 100mph.
While riding in the big parts of Canada, I could pull along aside my friends 850 @ 95 -100 mph, look over and smile, and accelerate away.
The older 800 are actually faster top end...

Water/Meth injection is proportional to fuel demand - when it is needed, and independent of the type of engine cycle you are running. Simple systems use manifold vacuum to dial in the duty cycle of the water/meth injector, typically at peak boost where detonation would occur. More sophisticated systems can vary the duty cycle against a MAP just like dialing in AFR.

The 850's are quick, but not fast. I ride with a bunch of them. They are tapped out just after 100mph.
While riding in the big parts of Canada, I could pull along aside my friends 850 @ 95 -100 mph, look over and smile, and accelerate away.
The older 800 are actually faster top end...
100 is where we cruise at 1/3 throttle.

Absolutely love the headroom on this sled.

I'm assuming the lack of an intercooler would force skidoo to dial up the meth as it's the only thing cooling the incoming air.
I’m thinking you need more meth if you buy a 2 stroke turbo to lake race against 998turbos…. Skidoo nailed their marketing

Well BRP is a marketing company, soooo…

Water/Meth injection is proportional to fuel demand - when it is needed, and independent of the type of engine cycle you are running. Simple systems use manifold vacuum to dial in the duty cycle of the water/meth injector, typically at peak boost where detonation would occur. More sophisticated systems can vary the duty cycle against a MAP just like dialing in AFR.
Ski-Doo's system claims zero meth for Appx 12-20 B4 meth is activated. So using vac/map doesn't make sense, as the system is reading boost pressure during that time frame. Must be reading intake temps?!?!

Back