• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ice Scratchers

Ynot

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 Sidewinder SRX LE
Newbie here

What ice scratcher are you using on a 2019 Sidewinder Srx?
Is it scratching your rails? Post pics if possible

Thanks in advance

Welcome Ynot. Dozens of responses are just a SEARCH away, way faster than waiting for responses to trickle in.

Welcome Ynot. Dozens of responses are just a SEARCH away, way faster than waiting for responses to trickle in.
Thanks.
Just trying to figure out how to navigate amd find stuff.

Friend of mine runs cable scratchers with no issues

Run cables on your skis with barn of parts breakaway mount or look up rockerdans sled build for another skate mount option. Rail mounts are ok but I would mount an eyebolt to stow them with when not in use so rails don’t get beat up.

311C63C2-5873-4552-B671-ECB0BD76452D.jpeg
610D9DB0-BA41-4351-9C14-080CDC64CB52.jpeg
59BB2E6B-6789-4C42-9460-2E853A94C1E6.jpeg

I bolt them up as needed keep them in my bag if this helps.

Pan

+1 for Trail Blizzer mounted on the skis and only on there for cold/hard packed days! I had to mount ahead of the bolt on these Sly Dog skis as not enough material behind. Works amazing to keep sled cool and sliders lubricated.

y4mdUP-cNOGjZiq6_zyMDGRgMFzzo3tJsg9WsvJBiba3s3qqZklNu-HjpFtj2bmvbncE0pzUeRPFyGaSCic0DrCpVyp4kBXD3iXUU-6bA1EzZIRzv0xWqXwS4Yxh5dsOXAJ6hGIJSnuyHjHZb3JiBiMb2kpoUgHSrGimiWK6LxsAdwbOyXVoJa5IokU4QbxijJSbbb1aAhbtTCq0DDKsJsJpg

This is my set up also. I bought rail scratchers and mounted them on my tuner skis. As you can see the snow fogs all the way along the heat exchangers

I run cable scratchers on the rails. Work well. One drawback is the extra ice buildup under the tunnel when running them.

Well I can say thank to Travis for his BOP breakaway brackets! Was running my duraflex scratchers for the second weekend in a row only this weekend had to cross several railroad bridges and unfortunately the last two had very little snow on them. Ripped off the left one on the first bridge and a minute later the right one on the next bridge. Very glad I hadn't mounted the Trail Blizzer scratchers as I'm sure my skis would have been damaged when they bolt ripped out.

So i've been running ice scratchers on the skis for the last 3 seasons and i hated them up there and i didn't want to put them on the rails because i'm afraid they will beat up the rails.......answer

scratcher.jpg
scratcher1.jpg
they work the balls here!

How do you have those mounted? Agree I'll never run them on the skis again. I was mainly interested in to see if I got any benefit for cooling the sled but it didn't help. Runs consistently 174-176 with and without them.

Duh. Now I see in the second picture. All set. Thanks

So i've been running ice scratchers on the skis for the last 3 seasons and i hated them up there and i didn't want to put them on the rails because i'm afraid they will beat up the rails.......answer

View attachment 146120 View attachment 146121 they work the balls here!
I like your concept , do you leave them dowm all th time , or how do you hold them up , maybe a pictur with thm up ? good jab

View attachment 146120 View attachment 146121 they work the balls here!
I like this, I'm just concerned that if the entire sled bottomed that it may bend the running board where they are mounted. The solid portion does hang down a significant distance.

Back