• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ice scrathers??

Brp scratchers. Lots of spring down pressure, provides plenty of ice chips and snow for cooling and slides and can reverse without damage and stow easily when not in use!
I have these on my 1200 Doo. How did you mount them? Did you drill a hole in the bracket that hangs down?

I like the cable ones as you can back up without breaking them. Just put them down and forget about it. I use the dura cables and have yet to replace the tips that are now 4 years old and still show little wear. Very nice product IMO.

Just ordered the ski mounted ice scratchers and a seat screw from BOP.

2 weeks since I have been out on my sled. Sled had been in the shop and I have been out West working!

Trail reports are fabulous and I have some planned time off during the next 2 weeks.

So if the trails get too hard this year I can keep on riding without overheating and that will be COOL!

I prefer the flexible cable ones like Dan has. I have used them on a vector and apex. You don't have to worry about going in reverse and forgetting they're down. I don't have any on my sidewinder yet, but would go with these again if I do. The only negative I experienced was the mounting bolt loosening at times. Benefits outweighed this irritation. Mine were mounted on the skid about 1/2 way back.
I experienced the loosing part this past weekend. My right side one mounted on the skid was there when we took off after our 2nd stop then went about 20 miles and it twas gone. Guess I'll have to order another set to get the right side one!

This is why I chose the Trail Blizzer from Qualipieces. The unique mounting system, wont allow it to loosen.

Dan

Raised it up...
5c450b86bf73f2c43c31bfa1a4c8b220.jpg
b8462d18e0f3e4b561895a53ad8ffe17.jpg

Sent from my SM-T705W using Tapatalk

I have read hundreds and hundreds of reviews over the yrs....and just about every single one ends up saying the ski mounted cool better then skid mounted, lots of guys who have swapped them out over the yrs.

For me I hate something that is hanging on my sled....so the fact you can buy these very small, lightweight cables....and bolt them on in minutes when needed is exactly how I like to do things. Scratchers are something I might need once or twice a season, not something I want to have permanently attached every ride when there is no need.

Most times you know full well ahead of time which days you will need them, and the unexpected days you just pull them out of your tunnel bag and bolt them on.

Dan

I have read hundreds and hundreds of reviews over the yrs....and just about every single one ends up saying the ski mounted cool better then skid mounted, lots of guys who have swapped them out over the yrs.

For me I hate something that is hanging on my sled....so the fact you can buy these very small, lightweight cables....and bolt them on in minutes when needed is exactly how I like to do things. Scratchers are something I might need once or twice a season, not something I want to have permanently attached every ride when there is no need.

Most times you know full well ahead of time which days you will need them, and the unexpected days you just pull them out of your tunnel bag and bolt them on.

Dan
Lol I never look at them when I ride but I know they're there!

Sent from my SM-T705W using Tapatalk

Just ordered the ski mounted ice scratchers and a seat screw from BOP.

2 weeks since I have been out on my sled. Sled had been in the shop and I have been out West working!

Trail reports are fabulous and I have some planned time off during the next 2 weeks.

So if the trails get too hard this year I can keep on riding without overheating and that will be COOL!

I have Travis' setup on my Apex and like it. The good thing about it is if you were to hit something it will break away from the ski. I have not had an issue with duraflex scratchers loosening up as others have mentioned. I'm putting the same on the winder.

You could be right since I have yet to need them.
They work perfec
Joe that spot worries me....the Pilots are vulnerable in the few inches ahead of the spindle on the vertical structures. I have seen pilots bend at this point if a heavy dip is hit. With those holes drilled there, you really are asking for trouble there if a certain situation arises. Be careful as those may fold right up.

Dan
No worries.. I have lots of miles mounted in the same spot on pilots in lots of conditions, they shoot the sh*t where needed and work flawless.

They work perfec

No worries.. I have lots of miles mounted in the same spot on pilots in lots of conditions, they shoot the sh*t where needed and work flawless.

lol , you missed the point. I have SEEN first hand pilots fold up there. That is the most vulnerable point on a pilot that needs strength. Not a good idea to drill holes there at all.

lol , you missed the point. I have SEEN first hand pilots fold up there. That is the most vulnerable point on a pilot that needs strength. Not a good idea to drill holes there at all.
I never thought about that Dan but now that it's there I will go with it. If you look at how I mounted them I have a fully threaded bolt running the whole distance across with nuts and washers tightened on both sides. Maybe they will add some strength where I drilled the holes? I also remember when the Pilots folded in that area but if I remember right it was on the original 5.7 Pilots. Doo redesigned them after that and they don't do it anymore.

Back