• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mach Z not stock king of the lake.

Now there is arrogance in black and white, to much money and letting everybody now it, WOW
the sidewinder is half Cat.
keep it civil guys......
I'm easily confused by XP123..says he loves his winder then bashes...I dont think its us Yamaha guys who has the problem....just saying. Joe

Not only was the top speed greater, but it got there quicker also.
I think not lining them up side by each was B.S. I am sure it was by design.
Lester’s must have deleted my post on that video….not sure…. but I pointed out they weren’t speaking the truth. They clearly say hey we know you can easily get 230 hp out of either of these with a tune/flash.

In the comments section I called them out. Told them it’s not so easy on the Doo. You have to purchase a $2700 Unlocked ECU to even get started on the Doo. First Luke responds you are so wrong on so many levels I don’t know where to begin. I had also asked if Ski Doo paid for this little event and he admitted yes….it wasn’t up very long and suddenly our comments were gone.

Guessing he did a little research and found out I was correct. Fact of the matter he was wrong on so many levels.

Lester’s must have deleted my post on that video….not sure…. but I pointed out they weren’t speaking the truth. They clearly say hey we know you can easily get 230 hp out of either of these with a tune/flash.

In the comments section I called them out. Told them it’s not so easy on the Doo. You have to purchase a $2700 Unlocked ECU to even get started on the Doo. First Luke responds you are so wrong on so many levels I don’t know where to begin. I had also asked if Ski Doo paid for this little event and he admitted yes….it wasn’t up very long and suddenly our comments were gone.

Guessing he did a little research and found out I was correct. Fact of the matter he was wrong on so many levels.
They did mention on the show a couple grand or so to mod/flash the engines, more so Doo than the T cat Jay was hinting at, its only early yet for the tuner guy's to come up with something better to up the HP on the 900R.

Not only was the top speed greater, but it got there quicker also.
I think not lining them up side by each was B.S. I am sure it was by design.
Yeah... 3 mph is alot with close to 20 more ponies in the T cat.

I've only seen one dyno report from the 900T and it was 193.
Most Winders/T-Cats are 204
A couple of popular talking points are the 900T is 100cc's less and turns less RPM. All true.
However, what's rarely mentioned is that it runs 6-7 more lbs boost.
I think this Supertrax bias is easily solved if only Yamaha and Cat would greatly increase their advertising budget with said publication.
As in exceed them....$$$$$.....haha.

MachZ 900R at

Precision - 192.5HP

Whalens dyno pull is 197HP for the 900R

Other dynos have shown 195/197 for the MachZ which seems pretty consistent on the doo forums

Sidewinder/TCat

evolution powersports @182

Hurricane baseline dyno shows 185(ish, hard to read). https://ty4stroke.com/threads/hurricane-base-line-dyno.144549/post-1318013

MCxpress stock dyno pull @ 192hp

Are they really that different? The big difference is that the yamaha motor is doing with ~60%(?) less boost and because of this you can take the machine a lot further. The sidewinder/tcat will cost less to take you further and we have seen some ridiculous but more importantly reliable HP out of sidewinders.

Last edited:
I've only seen one dyno report from the 900T and it was 193.
Most Winders/T-Cats are 204
A couple of popular talking points are the 900T is 100cc's less and turns less RPM. All true.
However, what's rarely mentioned is that it runs 6-7 more lbs boost.
I think this Supertrax bias is easily solved if only Yamaha and Cat would greatly increase their advertising budget with said publication.
As in exceed them....$$$$$.....haha.
As with everything corruptable, follow the money!

2fa6105cab393dc38159c2c2a95ae64c_copy_309x244.jpg

Well apparently, there are some really good running 900r's and some real duds. I talked to an old friend who has a new Mach and his son has an XRS with the 900r engine. He says his sons sled runs circles around his Mach. His Mach won't rev over 7500 rpm and his sons runs 7800-7900 all the time. The difference is night and day according to him.
I have no idea what Doo did but it sounds like it has nothing to do with clutching but everything to do with the factory tune. I guess I'm pretty fortunate because mine revs 7800-8000 rpm and is very strong. I have no complaints but I can't speak for those who were less fortunate.
Either way these Winters are duds and I don't think there is a fix for them. Must be a bad tune from Mother Nature.

Well apparently, there are some really good running 900r's and some real duds. I talked to an old friend who has a new Mach and his son has an XRS with the 900r engine. He says his sons sled runs circles around his Mach. His Mach won't rev over 7500 rpm and his sons runs 7800-7900 all the time. The difference is night and day according to him.
I have no idea what Doo did but it sounds like it has nothing to do with clutching but everything to do with the factory tune. I guess I'm pretty fortunate because mine revs 7800-8000 rpm and is very strong. I have no complaints but I can't speak for those who were less fortunate.
Either way these Winters are duds and I don't think there is a fix for them. Must be a bad tune from Mother Nature.

Yep...seems to be better consistency with the xrs platform, in terms of performance.
Also found this...not exactly sure who it affects. But starting to see it more & more. Keep an eye open.
Wish I was closer to you. I have a stock tuned winder that you would not be in front of, start to finish. Relax, All in fun.....

Screenshot_20220307-115920_copy_360x602.png

I don't believe it is in the ECU but there is a parameter we have found to cause the Mach to either go or not go. It's not in the tune its more in the variance of a certain sensor. I have around 1500 miles of messing with our Mach Z these things are incredible trail sleds as far as suspension / ride / handling / fit and finish go the Mach is absolutely the finest machine on snow in that regard. The fastest nope but it can be made to hold its own VERY cheaply for around $90 Cad in parts the Mach can make 20 psi of boost all day long and not throw codes ;) I still hate the throttle and how delayed they are I still can't figure out why they cannot make it work like the 900 N/A or my RXPX 300 but that's for another topic.

Have you been able to make it up to Canada to go riding this season? Quebec has been so bad we have only done day trips there. Have not stayed a single night hoping to next week if this country of ours gets its act together.

Last edited:

Back