• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mach Z not stock king of the lake.

performance efi has a tune for the mach,been through testing and likely released in the next few months and i would hope its a decent price point.

I guess you haven seen the video the Lesters have that shown ripping on the trail with the speedo in view then..... It goes to 120 so fast it will make your head spin, and its still pulling hard! How close to GPS are the speeds on the Polaris speedo anyway????

Now is it a ringer? I don't know, Its supposed to be a stocker, but its FAST, and no doubt in my mind that sled will lay waste to a stock Winder or TCat.

I know the guys that have tested and ridden them, and they have lined them all up side by side. It drives right away form the other hyper sleds. The Polaris is and will be quicker and faster than any production sled built to date as long as it doesn't get detuned or Yamaha doesn't up the power levels a bunch. I've heard speeds of high 120's STOCK! 127-129 to be exact. I wouldn't get so cocky about a winder with running with the Polaris. In fact, I'd wager the Polaris gaps the Winder and Cat by at least 6 lengths in 660 and keeps driving away from it. I think it will take all of a 240 tune to run with a stock Polaris VR1. I'm certain the guys that ordered will have a lot of fun on them. As much as I hate two-strokes, I believe this sled is not only going to be the new sheriff in town, its going to be a game changer to the hyper sled market. That said, I believe it will have some issues and burn pistons more than any NA 2 stroke ever built due to poor fuel quality, but I for one will be watching closely. I don't think Polaris want another 900 Fusion debacle again, so who knows.
There speedo’s are out 7-8 mph at 100………

They work great, I have the multimap 4 stage tune and as much as I like the power I don't spend much time on the lake or using the stutter button, the economy flash is my favorite, I can touch 17 mpg easily and the machine is still a beast.

We put a Hurricane ECU into my buddies Mack and it is now a rocket. Was a turd stock and he really wasn't happy, it was one that was getting beat by the 850's, Its pulling a boat load of weight in the PB-80 setup with the Hurricane ECU now. Much more than I'd have imagined and of course drills the 850's very bad now.
Mike it’s not a good idea to use the word “rocket” when describing anything with a 900r engine. I did that once and got chastised for it.

Unless they put it in those narrow chassis sideways!! lol
People had been talking about two stroke triples in the Polaris matryx for awhile and some have pointed out it's virtually impossible to put one in.

Not sure how an even wider 4 stroke would fit in.

Snowmobiler television commented that they thought the boost was slower than the srx/tcat.

Back