• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mach Z not stock king of the lake.

BACK to ORIGINAL POST:

The Mach failed to be "First Across Lake" so in many people's eyes, it's a failure.
MOST loved the SHOCKS & the ones that didn't was cuz they couldn't adjust them like they are used to.
MOST thought they were AMAZING!!! I didn't ride one so i don't know

3 problems with the Mach
1. The weights were designed for the Launch Option which made them pooochier on bottom.
2. The throttle Adjustment may be off for all guys under 8000 rpm's
3. DOO claimed "First Across Lake"...............this killed them when they didn't produce

Nothing was expected from my plain 'ole 900R even though it's the same motor. So i flew under the radar so to speak.

DOO came out with an update to adjust throttle position & a Primary Spring.
My dealer said he found one at only about 75% of full throttle. Kinda sad, but DOO is owning it.
This update will not make it "First Across Lake", but a lot will realize how good a trail it is.

NOW FOR MY SUMMER PROJECT:
I'm hearing/hoping there is a small tune to get 18psi just over the 17.4 promised.
18psi with a clutch component or 2, i may go for it.
I'm getting the update, replacing drive & jackshaft bearings, some clutch rollers, having shocks rebuilt & upgraded a notch, then maybe some SnowTrackers.

Then start planning for 2023

My friend was out riding his 900R yesterday after his sled had the Doo updates done and he said it is running stronger.
Rpms are now actually a little high at up to 8200 and it picked up 7 mph on max speedo speed from 107mph to 115 mph now. Sounds like it will definitely give my Attak a run for its money next time we run them.

My friend was out riding his 900R yesterday after his sled had the Doo updates done and he said it is running stronger.
Rpms are now actually a little high at up to 8200 and it picked up 7 mph on max speedo speed from 107mph to 115 mph now. Sounds like it will definitely give my Attak a run for its money next time we run them.
Speedo? Lol....

Happy to read that Doo has the Mach running better. It will never be "king of the lake" but now looks like it will drive around the two strokes. Big improvement.

I have a fairly well set up 998. I don’t get all the chest thumping. My sled has this or that. I can beat this all day long. Very tiring.
Just ride it for the fun of it. That’s what its all about isn’t it? I could care less if i get beat in one fashion or another. Hasn’t happened yet but I’m sure someone is faster out there. Just haven’t met him yet. And it wouldn’t bother me in the least……

I have a fairly well set up 998. I don’t get all the chest thumping. My sled has this or that. I can beat this all day long. Very tiring.
Just ride it for the fun of it. That’s what its all about isn’t it? I could care less if i get beat in one fashion or another. Hasn’t happened yet but I’m sure someone is faster out there. Just haven’t met him yet. And it wouldn’t bother me in the least……

For me...I think it's more about Yamaha's parting gift to snowmobiling, the 998t. And letting Polaris & Ski-Doo know, what's what. Lol.
If you take a moment to think about it, Yamaha didn't have to bring this dominate force to the market. But they did. Lol.
Sadly enough & after five long seasons, here we go again....
Ski-Doo finally stepped up to the plate, obviously gave it their best shot at dethroning "king of the lake"
And now Polaris has blessed the industry with a 2s turbo. Can't wait to see this. Reminds me of the FST, back in the day.

I think it's awesome....

That's actually how i always felt.
There are some big fast machines up north.
FLEECER here runs over 145 mph in Caribou & there are faster still.
To me, NOW that the season shrank, it's all about getting every ride in without any troubles.
This includes having my truck & trailer dialed in.

TRUCK LAST YEAR:
New brakes, tires & ALL fluids changed including Transfer Case & Differentials.

TRAILER THIS YEAR:
4 brand new 81mph tires & new hubs with bearings.

Throw in 5700 miles of gas on my sled & over 5000 miles on truck......................it's time to work some OT boys!

For me...I think it's more about Yamaha's parting gift to snowmobiling, the 998t. And letting Polaris & Ski-Doo know, what's what. Lol.
If you take a moment to think about it, Yamaha didn't have to bring this dominate force to the market. But they did. Lol.
Ski-Doo finally stepped up to the plate, obviously gave it their best shot at dethroning "king of the lake"
And now Polaris has blessed the industry with a 2s turbo. Can't wait to see this. Reminds me of the FST, back in the day.

I think it's awesome....
I think it’s going to be an awesome…….time bomb!!!

I think it’s going to be an awesome…….time bomb!!!
Oh, there's no doubt about it. They will not be satisfied with just running stock winders.
It's the ones that want to run with the tuned winders, that will be where things get dicey.
I figure some of these guys are going to need to find out the hard way. $$$$

YEP
Some guys are gonna Boost up their Boosts
That is just asking for trouble
A stock 850 has gas issues from my experience
I figure the Boosted 850 will be worse
Can't imagine what a Boosted Boost will need to run...........110 Octane?

YEP
Some guys are gonna Boost up their Boosts
That is just asking for trouble
A stock 850 has gas issues from my experience
I figure the Boosted 850 will be worse
Can't imagine what a Boosted Boost will need to run...........110 Octane?

Just needs regular gas, for the machine towing it ;)

I think it's awesome....
The 998 is truly a fantastic engine. Too bad they put it in a Arctic Cat.
The Cat chassis is a fantastic riding and handling chassis but it has way too many flaws. Those flaws were very apparent before Yamaha got involved. Myself and I know many former pure Yamaha owners had high hopes that Yamaha would be a positive influence on changing Cats reputation for less than stellar quality engineering.
Well that never happened and many of us are now on something else.
Yamaha took the easy way out and I can’t blame them especially with the shrinking sled market.

Back