• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mach Z not stock king of the lake.

Yep that’s it. I didn’t see many Winders this year. Maybe they were all in the shop getting all those BOP fixes installed.
I think they were all light years ahead of you , by the time you get to the gas station there at the next one, don't sweat it doo made a 2 smoke turbo too, so spend another 30 grand and you can keep up too

30 grand? I’d have that in a 998 easy at todays price
How is your sled setup for traction? I’m curious what you’ve done to run over 100 stock in 500 ft because you’re at least in the 1.5s in 60 ft and pushing high 3s in 330
That’s hauling the mail

that is much faster than the 998s I have had stock
Tuned are fast though
for your reference
On the dragy I gain 6-8 mph between 500-660
My TCat did 112 in a 1000 feet, stock. Tuned at 270 was 118 and that's on hard packed snow, but I am out of gear before the 1000ft mark.

I think they were all light years ahead of you , by the time you get to the gas station there at the next one, don't sweat it doo made a 2 smoke turbo too, so spend another 30 grand and you can keep up too
for a limited time only!!!!!

It always cracks me up when guys come on the 998 forum to brag up a sled that is not a 998. Almost like they are trying to justify their purchase. It should be no surprise when the 998 crowd pushes back. Most of these folks are enthusiasts after all.

His goes 102-103 in 500
That sounds right on your speeds
He’s going faster at 500 than you are with 270

The people talking have had 998s
I still have one and I hope it’s sold

Last edited:
It always cracks me up when guys come on the 998 forum to brag up a sled that is not a 998. Almost like they are trying to justify their purchase. It should be no surprise when the 998 crowd pushes back. Most of these folks are enthusiasts after all.
Yep that’s what we do. We just try to justify our purchases. That’s what the idiots on DT said when I bought my Sidewinder and posted how much I liked it.
I don’t have to justify anything I buy because if I don’t like it or want something else I just buy it. That’s what happened when I bought my Sidewinder. I had a brand new 1200 Renegade and myself and Rockerdan went to our dealer to check out the newly released Winder. I liked it and when the dealer had one in stock in the Fall I bought it.

The take away here with all the bickering on these threads is that the Winder still has a big target on it when it comes to fastest stock sled, and wouldn't need to change very much to get a lot of riders back on it. But it does need to improve in some areas besides being fastest...... @jaret

His goes 102-103 in 500
That sounds right on your speeds
He’s going faster at 500 than you are with 270

The people talking have had 998s
I still have one and I hope it’s sold
I’d you could read it said I was out of gear! Why are you still on this forum insulting the 998 and that your Boost can beat every 998! You are so far from reality it’s not even funny! Run race gas change and add parts all you want! In the end you can mod the boost as much as possible! Then mod the 998 and it’s not even a conversation!

The take away here with all the bickering on these threads is that the Winder still has a big target on it when it comes to fastest stock sled, and wouldn't need to change very much to get a lot of riders back on it. But it does need to improve in some areas besides being fastest...... @jaret
I agree it is the target
You are right and when you beat it that’s good
The point really is most people are not tuners and seem to think that buying something because it’s biggest makes it baddest.
A tuner beats a buyer with lots less always.
Sledfreak you should be running mid 120s in 1000 ft. I could help you but you already know everything.
I have a 998 and I can build a pro mod. For trail they can make near 400 hp on pump. You have 40 k in the sled
I can build a 55/58 1100 for example and whack any 998.
A boost at 10 psi you beat sledfreak or anyone else without race fuel in a 998.
Btw the 998 is easy and everyone has them so I went after a challenge.
I am running double stock psi on pump now
It’s not for everyone and it’s nothing to get upset about.
It’s just what happens when we race
How about making catalyst with 220 hp factory
There you go

Remember, their is a reason these people have been kicked from this forum and other forums.
They are here just to stir the pot.
Don't fall into their trap.
Yep
Replied to people that make no sense
Sorry
Good thing the boost came out because we made 998s faster this year
There’s a challenge on the lake

I agree it is the target
You are right and when you beat it that’s good
The point really is most people are not tuners and seem to think that buying something because it’s biggest makes it baddest.
A tuner beats a buyer with lots less always.
Sledfreak you should be running mid 120s in 1000 ft. I could help you but you already know everything.
I have a 998 and I can build a pro mod. For trail they can make near 400 hp on pump. You have 40 k in the sled
I can build a 55/58 1100 for example and whack any 998.
A boost at 10 psi you beat sledfreak or anyone else without race fuel in a 998.
Btw the 998 is easy and everyone has them so I went after a challenge.
I am running double stock psi on pump now
It’s not for everyone and it’s nothing to get upset about.
It’s just what happens when we race
How about making catalyst with 220 hp factory
There you go
I have 15k in it from new! It was a 2020! Spent 2500 in mods! Go race an 1100 then!!!

Back