• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mach Z not stock king of the lake.

I run 97 octane pump gas ( octane raised by torco ) as tested at DynoTech. I also run a D&D modstock muffler. The modstock turbo tune is supplied by D&D and the fuel curve is adjusted with a Boondocker from there for each RPM range. It was a pain to get it where is it but I wanted 300 quiet HP for the trail.

Before I went down this road several guys told me that the modstock muffler could not support that kind of HP and it would not be possible to run pump gas with a modstock turbo. What is 100% true is that there is no off the shelf tune for something like that. Most guys would stick bigger injectors on it and run a 3inch pipe out the bottom and use one of the off the shelf tunes. Both D&D and Jim Czekala were a great help. The sled is a bit of a unicorn.

I am happy the current tune companies can now make quiet HP on the 998.
I have a D&D mod stock muffler for sale if anyone interested.

If you lost 15MPH with a secondary spring change, you have lots of other "issues" with your clutch set up. Especially that spring! That is a very good spring.
Nope no other issues sled runs strong 8900 to 9100 nice cool clutches

Wait a minute Knapp....were you there? That's exactly how it happened!! Lol

You guys are gonna think I'm low down and dirty, but this is how it actually went down.....

When he asked to race, I replied, "Well, I've never raced anyone before, but I'd be curious to see how my sled stacks up against that big 850. I continued....since I don't have much racing experience, let's roll out out a little, and whenever you're ready, grab it, and I'll do the best I can to catch you."

After giving him a lengthy headstart, I fed the SRX a can of beans, and passed him like he was in reverse. At the end of the run he says, "Holy cow, Ive never been beaten like that. When you passed me, I literally felt the wind. What's it cost to make a sled fly like that?"

I think I converted another Doo guy!!
These sleds continue to amaze me Fleece. One day making mid 130 passes on the track, the next day trail riding on in my opinion the best handling sled on the snow. My bud has a 22 XCR 850, nice sled for sure, he was hammering on it and I was following him at half throttle. I decided to show my 850 buds what a tuned winder can do and pulled away like they were standing still lol. Pulled off to wait for them, about 5 minutes later they showed up haha. 6 seasons later and when I'm riding the big trails up North I can't keep the grin off my face!!

These sleds continue to amaze me Fleece. One day making mid 130 passes on the track, the next day trail riding on in my opinion the best handling sled on the snow. My bud has a 22 XCR 850, nice sled for sure, he was hammering on it and I was following him at half throttle. I decided to show my 850 buds what a tuned winder can do and pulled away like they were standing still lol. Pulled off to wait for them, about 5 minutes later they showed up haha. 6 seasons later and when I'm riding the big trails up North I can't keep the grin off my face!!
But…but….but… now Poo is gonna have a turbo 850 flat lander sled….

They still seem to blow up the naturally aspirated 850’s, wait until the owners turn the boost up on these.

Gonna be interesting.

Pol is cutting way back and limiting dealers. The VR1 850 turbo will be a very rare bird next year. For 22 grand plus tax. Would feel quite a bit better withe the 998 myself.

Yes, DMC...I agree! They are a lot of work, but when on point, there is no substitute!!

Pol is cutting way back and limiting dealers. The VR1 850 turbo will be a very rare bird next year. For 22 grand plus tax. Would feel quite a bit better withe the 998 myself.
Some dealers have already sold out on their allocations. Will be sold out by end of week I’m bettin pretty much every where .

Some dealers have already sold out on their allocations. Will be sold out by end of week I’m bettin pretty much every where .

Selling out is easy when the original inventory number is low. Polaris is getting much better at marketing and managing their product lines. If they clean up the production line mistakes they will have a decent lineup.

Get rid of the b/o spring , that's your problem i lost 15mph with that
My speed never changed with that spring but my throttle response improved greatly.
On a side note my 900r Renegade is a rocket. I can't believe how awesome it runs now with some miles on it. Everything is stock now and I'm seeing gps speeds on roads I run that exceed any I ever saw with my stock Winder. I would welcome running against any stock Winder with my 900r Renegade.

My 2018 was also slower with the B/O wrapped at 6/1 compared to the stock spring at 3-3. 6mph to be exact.

XP123 I'm glad to hear the 900r is working out. I want to throw a leg over one before buying a new sled next time.

Rode a mach z and the shocks are nice but they feel really heavy and are slow compared to Tcat (heavy part was surprising)

My speed never changed with that spring but my throttle response improved greatly.
On a side note my 900r Renegade is a rocket. I can't believe how awesome it runs now with some miles on it. Everything is stock now and I'm seeing gps speeds on roads I run that exceed any I ever saw with my stock Winder. I would welcome running against any stock Winder with my 900r Renegade.
What speeds are you seeing? Yes throttle response increased, bottem end and midrange was good with the o/b but too much heat and 600rpm less in 5-6" of junk, never ran it on a road or good ice conditons just didn't like the hot clutches

Back