• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mach Z not stock king of the lake.

View attachment 167030
Hi
Can’t wait to see you on the lake
Have you driven the boost rmk

I’d say you haven’t the boost has more the N/A 850!but it is by no means any where near a tuned winder MTX in the power department not even close NOT EVEN CLOSE

I think the VR1 has potential to be fast on top end but it will be bus lengths behind when it get there

At 45 mph on the boost rmk the boost gauge is max out holding that speed. Hit the throttle And it accelerates yes but not like a winder doing the same thing NOT EVEN CLOSE

and yes I have both sleds sitting beside each other in stable

I’m hoping it can be made to be competitive
I’m just stirring the pot a bit and having fun with it and joking around.
No hard feelings and I do hope it doesn’t disappoint like the mach. I want my dash in mph not kph to feel better! Lol
It will not be stock and I also still have a 998 that’s getting it guts changed.

The Polaris VR1 shouldn't be concerned with heat soak @ 3psi of boost.
Maybe just becoming completely unglued on long lake runs.
It would have been nice to see them come out with a competitive 4s turbo instead. Oh well....better days ahead.

Thinking more in the 15 psi plus and 500 to 660 ft in snow
Actually hope to get over 20 but we will see
If it goes it going to go
Will have 2 step

Will have 2 step
How much boost psi before the reed valves start to open? Seems like the limiting factor, just wondering.

Open or blow out? Going to be upgrading those too
Cats were low 20s and from what I’m hearing poo about same
That has been limiting factor so far
Trying to push them to see what breaks in engine
Bikeman claims they are at 262 hp
Running 106 in 500 feet in snow

Have you driven the boost rmk

I’d say you haven’t the boost has more the N/A 850!but it is by no means any where near a tuned winder MTX in the power department not even close NOT EVEN CLOSE

I think the VR1 has potential to be fast on top end but it will be bus lengths behind when it get there

At 45 mph on the boost rmk the boost gauge is max out holding that speed. Hit the throttle And it accelerates yes but not like a winder doing the same thing NOT EVEN CLOSE

and yes I have both sleds sitting beside each other in stable

I guess you haven seen the video the Lesters have that shown ripping on the trail with the speedo in view then..... It goes to 120 so fast it will make your head spin, and its still pulling hard! How close to GPS are the speeds on the Polaris speedo anyway????

Now is it a ringer? I don't know, Its supposed to be a stocker, but its FAST, and no doubt in my mind that sled will lay waste to a stock Winder or TCat.

I know the guys that have tested and ridden them, and they have lined them all up side by side. It drives right away form the other hyper sleds. The Polaris is and will be quicker and faster than any production sled built to date as long as it doesn't get detuned or Yamaha doesn't up the power levels a bunch. I've heard speeds of high 120's STOCK! 127-129 to be exact. I wouldn't get so cocky about a winder with running with the Polaris. In fact, I'd wager the Polaris gaps the Winder and Cat by at least 6 lengths in 660 and keeps driving away from it. I think it will take all of a 240 tune to run with a stock Polaris VR1. I'm certain the guys that ordered will have a lot of fun on them. As much as I hate two-strokes, I believe this sled is not only going to be the new sheriff in town, its going to be a game changer to the hyper sled market. That said, I believe it will have some issues and burn pistons more than any NA 2 stroke ever built due to poor fuel quality, but I for one will be watching closely. I don't think Polaris want another 900 Fusion debacle again, so who knows.

It’s a fun gamble for us crazy folks though!!
Lol
Maybe it turns out to be a dud too
One thing is for sure though and that is the tuned cat/yamis are proven reliable

I also hope it is competitive and pushes the aftermarket’s to keep pushing the envelope on all the manufacturers sleds
I think it’s great to have so many options but now I need some pistons or a spare 850motor!! Lol

I don't give any two stroke a second look and I wouldn't give a turbo two stroke a first look. Polaris has enough problems keeping their non turbo two strokes from exploding so a turbo two will be a nightmare. Better make sure you have plenty of octane booster with you and pray that the fuel you get is fresh. I couldn't imagine buying fuel in some Podunk town out in the bush.

That’s funny you say that when you get upset when others call you out on your sled? I personally wouldn’t give skidoo a look, well I saw the g5 and o_O! Or wtf!!! Lol I bet that doesn’t affect your decision though huh. I had two xcr850s with zero problems? ‍
Lots have zero issues and a lot of the issues come directly from the dealer not doing the correct prep.
Have had little issues with cat also but all in all like the sleds. The other reason more of us are going back to two smokes is the fact it’s more competitive and you don’t have to race 55/58 and bigger 1100s which show up on the lake. Lots of hypersports stuff in our area too since it’s right where we ride. I have fun trying something different also. Maybe it doesn’t work out and maybe it does. Still have a 998.

Seems like the mach z would be a nice plush ride for the flag man to get out to the line to start the sleds worthy of racing on the lake! :D

To each their own though right

Last edited:
Will have 2 step

But will it even be rideable other than in a straight line.

I guess you haven seen the video the Lesters have that shown ripping on the trail with the speedo in view then..... It goes to 120 so fast it will make your head spin, and its still pulling hard! How close to GPS are the speeds on the Polaris speedo anyway????

Now is it a ringer? I don't know, Its supposed to be a stocker, but its FAST, and no doubt in my mind that sled will lay waste to a stock Winder or TCat.

I know the guys that have tested and ridden them, and they have lined them all up side by side. It drives right away form the other hyper sleds. The Polaris is and will be quicker and faster than any production sled built to date as long as it doesn't get detuned or Yamaha doesn't up the power levels a bunch. I've heard speeds of high 120's STOCK! 127-129 to be exact. I wouldn't get so cocky about a winder with running with the Polaris. In fact, I'd wager the Polaris gaps the Winder and Cat by at least 6 lengths in 660 and keeps driving away from it. I think it will take all of a 240 tune to run with a stock Polaris VR1. I'm certain the guys that ordered will have a lot of fun on them. As much as I hate two-strokes, I believe this sled is not only going to be the new sheriff in town, its going to be a game changer to the hyper sled market. That said, I believe it will have some issues and burn pistons more than any NA 2 stroke ever built due to poor fuel quality, but I for one will be watching closely. I don't think Polaris want another 900 Fusion debacle again, so who knows.

They also said it was 'mellow' up to 40MPH and then the boost comes on. BTW, it would not have to be a 'ringer' as video can be manipulated easily in the interest of making a story more exciting, not saying that they are, just saying that the sled wouldn't have to be anything special to appear special in the video. At a 10% increase in power its not going to be that much faster than it is now, we already know that in snowmobiling traction and power transfer have a far bigger say in both seat of the pants performance and real world objective numbers. It may not need to be much faster than it is now either so we will wait and see. I am sure its going peg the fun meter but reliable has yet to be shown and for me reliability, linearity of power delivery, balance in handling, and maintainability means a lot. I also appreciate designs that have a lot of headroom in case the speed bug rears its head again which I guess just comes back to reliability and predictability.

Rideable? Absolutely
850 n/a properly clutched (7900 from dig then climbing to 8150) they are running 8400 out of the box
stock Tcat we have got beat multiple times in a drag race. Are they as fast at the end of the run? Probably not. It’s catch up and when you lose two to three sleds out of the gate that’s hard to make up. We race 500 to 660 and maybe run out to 1000 ft at times.
Will the boost have lag? Yes stock. 2 step and that’s gone. I also think it will need an intercooler

Polaris has enough problems keeping their non turbo two strokes from exploding so a turbo two will be a nightmare.
What Patriots are exploding?

Back