• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mach Z not stock king of the lake.

Yes, called my good dealer buddy to get my name on one, only time will tell if it really comes in however. I'll text you about the other little tidbit I learned about another chassis the 998 turbo resides in on a prototype machine. You'll find it VERY interesting to say the least.
Hey hey hey, no secrets!!!!!!
I have heard they have some very interesting things under wraps.

Lots of clowns and trolls over on DooTalk. There is very little if any good info there these days.
My 900r runs great and I've done nothing to it. I have from day 1 revved 7900-8000 rpm with the stock belt. With the Ultimax XS 821 it will rev 7700-7800 rpm but it's actually faster and quicker. I think the stock belt slips more and is longer. The stock belt is 44 1/2 inches and the 821 is 44 1/4 inches. My wife runs the 531 Doo belt in her 900t and it's also 44 1/4 inches long. I find all belts will vary up to a 1/4 inch but most are pretty close. I have never had my rpm's drop down to 7400 like many claim on DT and my rpm's hold steady after you hit it.
If you read all the crap on DT the sky is falling and everything is junk or garbage. It was no different here when the Sidewinder first came out. There was lots of hate and talk about what a pooch the Winder was. I loved mine and just ignored the haters as much as possible.
From Timken XS chart: XS821 specs = length is 43-15/16" width is 1-33/64"

I wanted to spring order a 2023 to replace my wife's 2014 Vector. After seeing all that each manufacture had to offer, along with the prices, we decided to go a different route.

We picked up a Doo 900T yesterday with 178 miles on it. Hopefully it isn't as big of a POS as most people on this site claim.

If we decide we dont like it, I'll easily be able to flip it next season for 2-3k more than we paid for it.

She likes riding my Sidewinder. Almost ever used Sidewinder for sale is tuned to 300hp, which I don't want, so we will see if she likes the 900T.

I wanted to spring order a 2023 to replace my wife's 2014 Vector. After seeing all that each manufacture had to offer, along with the prices, we decided to go a different route.

We picked up a Doo 900T yesterday with 178 miles on it. Hopefully it isn't as big of a POS as most people on this site claim.

If we decide we dont like it, I'll easily be able to flip it next season for 2-3k more than we paid for it.

She likes riding my Sidewinder. Almost ever used Sidewinder for sale is tuned to 300hp, which I don't want, so we will see if she likes the 900T.

Its not a POS, its a good trail sled. Snowtrackers and a few tweaks and she will probably be happy.

900T or 900R are not POS, they are indeed good trail sleds. The sidewinder front end is better I rode a 900R XRS this season and it has been good no problems just gas & go. Rear springs were weak but so were ones on my last winder. I like both sleds! One thing I don't like is the twitchy/darty front end of the Gen 4.

900T or 900R are not POS, they are indeed good trail sleds. The sidewinder front end is better I rode a 900R XRS this season and it has been good no problems just gas & go. Rear springs were weak but so were ones on my last winder. I like both sleds! One thing I don't like is the twitchy/darty front end of the Gen 4.

That was exactly my experience. The skid is plush but that turns into soft if you pound it through the woops. More troublesome is the front end which is skittish under power or simply heavy with very little in between. Guys who have put on snowtrackers say it makes a world of difference as it did for the apex. I think for the average rider they aren't going to be as picky about the front end and will love the caddy ride of the rear. I rode a couple of gen 4s and they were fine, just not for me because of that front end. The SRX is a ton more balanced handling wise when pushed, even in stock form.

From Timken XS chart: XS821 specs = length is 43-15/16" width is 1-33/64"
I know many say that the XS821 is short but I have two of them. I have one with around 1500 miles and one brand new on the shelf. Both of them are 44 1/4 inches long. I have two 531 Doo belts, one is 44 1/4 and the other is 44 1/8. The longest belt I have is the 571 @ 44 1/2 inches.
I will take a couple pics of mt measurements and post them.

Hey hey hey, no secrets!!!!!!
I have heard they have some very interesting things under wraps.
Its been in the works for so long, they wanted to come out with it for a good 3 years now. Everyone in the know, knows by now.

So what if Knapps slips and pms all of us. Whats the harm in cranking up the heat? :)

I’m I’m just waiting for my boost eating popcorn. Damn it’s a long time until next winter.
Anyone doing a stage 5 pefi? I think I’m going to do that to my garage project since I already have the stage 4 stuff.

Attachments

• 8FF59744-2365-43E1-A4A7-B62A78650908.png
    8FF59744-2365-43E1-A4A7-B62A78650908.png
    53.3 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
I know many say that the XS821 is short but I have two of them. I have one with around 1500 miles and one brand new on the shelf. Both of them are 44 1/4 inches long. I have two 531 Doo belts, one is 44 1/4 and the other is 44 1/8. The longest belt I have is the 571 @ 44 1/2 inches.
I will take a couple pics of mt measurements and post them.
I'm guessing the difference is Timken length is what they call the effective length (pretty much where the visible cords are - what they say is where the belt grips) vs. the actual outside measurement taken by wrapping a tape around the belt.

Back