• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mach Z not stock king of the lake.

Yes, called my good dealer buddy to get my name on one, only time will tell if it really comes in however. I'll text you about the other little tidbit I learned about another chassis the 998 turbo resides in on a prototype machine. You'll find it VERY interesting to say the least.
Yes its interesting...and if it comes to fruition would support the saying "you can never say never".

This was on Facebook under New England sled Talk. Yamaha dealer sold out out in 17 minutes yesterday. At that point he had an X-TX-SE Sidewinder left.
Guy was saying that it has to be done online and you pick the dealer for delivery after!

The Doo and Poo crowd are laughing at their speculation of Yamaha and Cat not doing well, and that’s the reason for very limited sleds by Yamaha.

And now this talk of something with the old 998 motor! Gotta love this hype!

I see that. I can't believe that would be Ted Sr. talking all the stupid crap like that though. With what I'm reading I wonder if its his kid Ted Jr. Sure comes across as a know it all, but plain to see he really doesn't know much about these sleds at all, thats what makes me believe its Ted Sr's kid. Cause Ted Sr knew quite a bit really and had some fast Yamaha turbo RX-1s.

We put a Hurricane ECU into my buddies Mack and it is now a rocket. Was a turd stock and he really wasn't happy, it was one that was getting beat by the 850's, Its pulling a boat load of weight in the PB-80 setup with the Hurricane ECU now. Much more than I'd have imagined and of course drills the 850's very bad now.

I was really thinking about a Doo as a change, till I see they changed nothing on the Doo front end, so placed my order for a new SRX today. We'll see if it shows for this fall, if not, I have my 17 dialed to perfection and will ride it. Had to get the power steering Winder ordered to see what thats about and needed a change, even though its not much of a change, at least its a different color anyway. LOL!

Mike have you had a chance to ride a sled with the Smart Shox on it yet? I can assure you that while I do agree with you on the Cat front end being superior the old snowtrackers with the new suspension is absolutely beyond a shadow of a doubt the best cornering machine I have been on in a decade.

That's one thing I cannot deny in any way shape or form our Mach will corner so hard if the back end does not break loose and you were not hanging on for it you would fall off the sled before it would tip. The shocks control the body roll and cornering to a level I would have never guessed was possible. You know those corners where the groomer leaves that step on the far right inside and you tend to get pushed to the middle of the trail with most sleds? The mach will hang on that ledge and corner its something I had to see myself to appreciate.

Other than the lack of speed which I am sure will be addressed there is no reason why I don't think you would fall in love with this sled.

I betcha the power steering is amazing as well I would love to get to try one. If Cat made those QRS somehow smart it would make for a killer machine I bet if they could even bring the body roll tech to it the difference would be insane.

Mike have you had a chance to ride a sled with the Smart Shox on it yet? I can assure you that while I do agree with you on the Cat front end being superior the old snowtrackers with the new suspension is absolutely beyond a shadow of a doubt the best cornering machine I have been on in a decade.

That's one thing I cannot deny in any way shape or form our Mach will corner so hard if the back end does not break loose and you were not hanging on for it you would fall off the sled before it would tip. The shocks control the body roll and cornering to a level I would have never guessed was possible. You know those corners where the groomer leaves that step on the far right inside and you tend to get pushed to the middle of the trail with most sleds? The mach will hang on that ledge and corner its something I had to see myself to appreciate.

Other than the lack of speed which I am sure will be addressed there is no reason why I don't think you would fall in love with this sled.

I betcha the power steering is amazing as well I would love to get to try one. If Cat made those QRS somehow smart it would make for a killer machine I bet if they could even bring the body roll tech to it the difference would be insane.
I heard the Cat has a version of the SS shocks, but again for some reason Cat does not want to release it or Fox cant get the parts to produce for them right now...

I heard the Cat has a version of the SS shocks, but again for some reason Cat does not want to release it or Fox cant get the parts to produce for them right now...

The ECU/software is probably the biggest consideration. The switch on the fly capability already exists for fox, the smartshock just has the data/processing/logic happening to automate it.

I would think it would rip that chassis apart. They are bad enough now. Some reinforcing would be needed for sure.

Back