• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Cutting Production for 2019

If you prefer the Cat buy it if you prefer the Yamaha buy that...not much different than GMC, Chevy and Buick buy what you like best or buy another brand. Who cares who owns the mfg location? If Yamaha bought AC you would have the same products that you have now and Textron would be history but never in the game anyway til now. Right now Yamaha does not mfg from their mfg location unless they still produce the Phazer and Vector in Japan next year. This is news to you? The Viper and Sidewinder are good sleds and selling put eps on them and I would buy one. Apex was a great sled but not selling so mfg is over and something new will replace it and could be designed by Yamaha engineers then go to bid by AC to build just like the Scoot/200. Give Yamaha a chance it's not over until it's over.
Its over, they are done! Only Cats left to choose from! Thankfully my Apex is far from worn out! Last/best performance sled Yamaha built! Sadly the last sled I will buy from Yamaha!

Its over, they are done! Only Cats left to choose from! Thankfully my Apex is far from worn out! Last/best performance sled Yamaha built! Sadly the last sled I will buy from Yamaha!
Yamaha sleds are all done??? man.. I just can't believe Textron wiped out the Yamaha sled division, no more models to chose from, I can't believe Yamaha would walk away from its sled development, they still have something up their sleeve, see what happens.

So whats to say when proven wrong on this myth sas?

So whats to say when proven wrong on this myth sas?
I can't speak for Sasquatch, but I like my ""CROW"" pan seared with a lite basil garlic sauce and a nice bitter ceaser salad on the side, washed down with a warm can of PBR! :rofl:Been a while for that meal, and I believe it'll be alot longer after the 2019's are released! :(

Yamaha sleds are all done??? man.. I just can't believe Textron wiped out the Yamaha sled division, no more models to chose from, I can't believe Yamaha would walk away from its sled development, they still have something up their sleeve, see what happens.

Yamaha did it to themselves and is now transferring all their sleds to cat! The sleds that they are building are to clear inventory. Apex gone, Venture gone, Vector continues to use up old chassis and engine inventory. I mean Yamaha builds a 2018 Apex and Vector but you can't get most of the accesories for it anymore. Trying to buy stuff for my Apex when I break a lower windshield piece and no longer made. Funny though they still have the windshield it bolts to but its useless without the lowers.

Yamaha is an engine builder now and I don't think they will walk away from that! Sleds on the other hand have been left to Cat to build and design. If Yamaha is going to build a sled they have a funny way of doing it. Stop building your sleds and let your competitor build them so you can put your name on their product, then build one of your own to compete against your rebadged sleds! Yep makes sense!

No offense, the Apex engine is great, but its a dinosaur, the skids break, your back breaks when you git a big bump, I could go on and on and on. The sidewinder literally does everything better, and it should, because the Apex is from the early 2000's.

No offense, the Apex engine is great, but its a dinosaur, the skids break, your back breaks when you git a big bump, I could go on and on and on. The sidewinder literally does everything better, and it should, because the Apex is from the early 2000's.
I totally agree I would take my winder over my appe any day

If cockpit refinement (fit, finish,guages, and materials) means nothing to you, I can see where you're coming from. It's too bad Yamaha didn't improve that area of the Sidewinder when it was introduced.

Have the Winders been out long enough to see the issues? I'm sure there will be some coming on strong.

If cockpit refinement (fit, finish,guages, and materials) means nothing to you, I can see where you're coming from. It's too bad Yamaha didn't improve that area of the Sidewinder when it was introduced.[/
Well they definitely improved the ride quality

Yamaha did it to themselves and is now transferring all their sleds to cat! The sleds that they are building are to clear inventory. Apex gone, Venture gone, Vector continues to use up old chassis and engine inventory. I mean Yamaha builds a 2018 Apex and Vector but you can't get most of the accesories for it anymore. Trying to buy stuff for my Apex when I break a lower windshield piece and no longer made. Funny though they still have the windshield it bolts to but its useless without the lowers.

Yamaha is an engine builder now and I don't think they will walk away from that! Sleds on the other hand have been left to Cat to build and design. If Yamaha is going to build a sled they have a funny way of doing it. Stop building your sleds and let your competitor build them so you can put your name on their product, then build one of your own to compete against your rebadged sleds! Yep makes sense!
Point taken.. but tell me why Yamaha is spending millions on advertising for their sleds if they are ALL DONE ???? Do you think Textron is paying and doing all the advertising for Yamaha sense Yamaha is getting out of the sled business! Yep makes sense!

Point taken.. but tell me why Yamaha is spending millions on advertising for their sleds if they are ALL DONE ???? Do you think Textron is paying and doing all the advertising for Yamaha sense Yamaha is getting out of the sled business! Yep makes sense!

Yamaha is advertising Cats sleds! You know the ones Cat builds for them and puts on sweet Yamaha stickers. They havn,t designed a sled since what? 2008! All they have designed since then in a engine plate for a Cat chassis, a turbo engine, air shock rear skid, and a coupled front shock system, other then the new engine and possibly the air shock skid the rest are refinements at best. two of those being on a discontinued sled! Until Yamaha builds a sled of their own they are the proud company of two engines (oh wait three including the VK540) everything else is Cats or rather textrons. They build a Vector and a VK! One being 20 years old and the other dates back to 2003!

I can't blame Yamaha though as hard as I try, because even the yamaha riders, many of them right here on TY diced the hell out of Yamaha and ran down everything they made because they where heavy, they burned oil, carb jets always plugging, no fuel injection, suspensions sucked and broke, handlebar warmers didn't work, front ends wore out and where loose, Front ends bent and broke if you hit a bump in the trail, exhaust headers cracked and broke, donuts blew out in a season, idler wheels where junk, tracks where junk, handling was bad, off trail was bad, no bump sled, no mountain sled, to much ice buildup in the tunnel and the list goes on! Hell when the competition is all over you because your sled is way to heavy and is a slug, well thats one thing but when your riders turn on you as well, time to stop building sleds cause you suck and contract that out to the competition! Stick to what you are good at, refine the hell out of things and build engines! Who can blame them?

Yamaha is no longer a Sled Manufacture and has taken a back seat to Cat and the rest of the industry. There are now three sled Manufactures left and one engine builder! I don't see anything that proves that statement wrong! They stunned the industry and set the bar high with their four stroke sleds in 2003. With the moving of all their sleds to the cat lineup one can hope its a stopgap measure while the get their ducks in a row so they can stun the industry again, but they need a place to design and to manufacture and to test. Lets see they have offices! No manufacturing plant, all their manpower is over at Cat fitting engines and trying to improve Cat quality to keep their dealers selling the competitions sleds, so again at this rate, at Yamaha's speed of doing things, I'll be long dead and buried before anything comes from Yamaha! Worse yet will it be outdated and in need of tons of refinements to make it a sled worth riding. Maybe best if they just let Cat build sleds and they can sell engines out of Japan!

Yamaha is advertising Cats sleds! You know the ones Cat builds for them and puts on sweet Yamaha stickers. They havn,t designed a sled since what? 2008! All they have designed since then in a engine plate for a Cat chassis, a turbo engine, air shock rear skid, and a coupled front shock system, other then the new engine and possibly the air shock skid the rest are refinements at best. two of those being on a discontinued sled! Until Yamaha builds a sled of their own they are the proud company of two engines (oh wait three including the VK540) everything else is Cats or rather textrons. They build a Vector and a VK! One being 20 years old and the other dates back to 2003!

I can't blame Yamaha though as hard as I try, because even the yamaha riders, many of them right here on TY diced the hell out of Yamaha and ran down everything they made because they where heavy, they burned oil, carb jets always plugging, no fuel injection, suspensions sucked and broke, handlebar warmers didn't work, front ends wore out and where loose, Front ends bent and broke if you hit a bump in the trail, exhaust headers cracked and broke, donuts blew out in a season, idler wheels where junk, tracks where junk, handling was bad, off trail was bad, no bump sled, no mountain sled, to much ice buildup in the tunnel and the list goes on! Hell when the competition is all over you because your sled is way to heavy and is a slug, well thats one thing but when your riders turn on you as well, time to stop building sleds cause you suck and contract that out to the competition! Stick to what you are good at, refine the hell out of things and build engines! Who can blame them?

Yamaha is no longer a Sled Manufacture and has taken a back seat to Cat and the rest of the industry. There are now three sled Manufactures left and one engine builder! I don't see anything that proves that statement wrong! They stunned the industry and set the bar high with their four stroke sleds in 2003. With the moving of all their sleds to the cat lineup one can hope its a stopgap measure while the get their ducks in a row so they can stun the industry again, but they need a place to design and to manufacture and to test. Lets see they have offices! No manufacturing plant, all their manpower is over at Cat fitting engines and trying to improve Cat quality to keep their dealers selling the competitions sleds, so again at this rate, at Yamaha's speed of doing things, I'll be long dead and buried before anything comes from Yamaha! Worse yet will it be outdated and in need of tons of refinements to make it a sled worth riding. Maybe best if they just let Cat build sleds and they can sell engines out of Japan!
Sadly,you really cant argue against this but I'm hopefull.It is a long shot though.

Back