• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Cutting Production for 2019

Trying to buy stuff for my Apex when I break a lower windshield piece and no longer made. Funny though they still have the windshield it bolts to but its useless without the lowers.

Off topic, but I thought manufacturers were obligated to supply parts for 10 years after a vehicle went out of production.

Actually I believe it’s 7 years but I’ve been wrong about things I was more sure of.
Off topic, but I thought manufacturers were obligated to supply parts for 10 years after a vehicle went out of production.

If cockpit refinement (fit, finish,guages, and materials) means nothing to you, I can see where you're coming from. It's too bad Yamaha didn't improve that area of the Sidewinder when it was introduced.

The fit and Finish is equal to, or better than any of my Nytros I had. The sidewinder gauge is easy to read. I can take the sidepanels and hood off way faster than any other Yamaha sled ever made I think. Battery change is easier than an Apex, oil change is easier than an apex. My hand grips are sufficiently hot, I have a heated seat, and best of all, I dont break my back, or my suspension hitting big bumps.

Sure there's a couple things that could be better, the Japanese Yamahas use better fasteners and a few other odds and ends, and the Yamaha chaincase and separate oil tank is nicer, but it is what it is with the procross chassis.

Well you said Yamaha sleds are dead, they are getting out of the business of sled building, I think Yamaha plays a big part in sled development and I think the pro chassis has been taken forward sense its release with a lot of help from Yamaha, heck we might have it all wrong Cat might be using the Yamaha chassis now and being rebadged Cat because of the agreement who really knows, the Winder and t cat are in a refurbished chassis designed and motorized by Yamaha to fit their engine, yeah I would call that a Yamaha chassis being used by Cat, well hopefully you will be still be alive and kicking to ride and enjoy Yamaha's new cutting edge chassis and motor in the near future.

If Yamaha build that chassis then by all means get out of the sled business! The Yamaha motor does not fit the chassis down low, it was cobbled in much higher then the two cylinder line of engines it was designed for. The Jackshaft is in the wrong place for proper engine placement as well! The statement that Yamaha built that chassis was made on here and the dreamers loved it! Cat built the chassis Yamaha did not. It still does not fit the Yamaha engine correctly but yamaha did weld on some new tabs for different plastic. Keep dreaming! Now if you can find some proof that Yamaha built the Cat chassis please let us know because since that statement no one has!

If Yamaha build that chassis then by all means get out of the sled business! The Yamaha motor does not fit the chassis down low, it was cobbled in much higher then the two cylinder line of engines it was designed for. The Jackshaft is in the wrong place for proper engine placement as well! The statement that Yamaha built that chassis was made on here and the dreamers loved it! Cat built the chassis Yamaha did not. It still does not fit the Yamaha engine correctly but yamaha did weld on some new tabs for different plastic. Keep dreaming! Now if you can find some proof that Yamaha built the Cat chassis please let us know because since that statement no one has!
LOL, Well I guess we are not going to make much head way Sas, you see one side of the coin I see the other side, but I really enjoy your comments and vision. thanks

Been saying this since 2013 release party. I figured it was the emergency move to get them a relevant sled again. But 5 model years later?

I would love to see a 165 hp two stroke from Yamaha. A direct competition for Ski Doo 850. Just dreaming I suppose but I am sure it would sell... I know of one that would! Perfect time for a Japan built motor and chassis to make everyone stop wondering if Yamaha is done with sled manufacturing and begin the separation from Cat.

LOL, Well I guess we are not going to make much head way Sas, you see one side of the coin I see the other side, but I really enjoy your comments and vision. thanks

Anytime! I see both sides to the coin. One side says Arctic Cat in big bold letters around the outer circumference with a Panther head , the other is a picture of an Arctic Cat with a Yamaha sticker stuck on! There is a second coin hidden in the shadow of the first it says Yamaha wrapped around a tuning fork. the obverse side is a printer making stickers!

A friend broke one in his 05 Vector, claims he was only going 40. Less than 2000 mile on the sled, was not worth fixing financially.
Yeah, the first batch of cam tensioners for the 3-holer were #*$&@. The engine being an interference design doesn't like it when the cam chain jumps a few links. It's sad it took 3 years (05-07) for Yamaha to get off their butts and update the part. As I check this forum only about 4x a day / 365, I was way ahead of the disaster curve on that one.

It really is to bad that Yamaha hasn't designed an all new performance sled since the Apex. Over the years I had an Apex GT, 2 attacks and my current Apex with power steering. I still have the Apex with power steering as my backup/lake sled but decided awhile back that I needed a better lightweight trail machine. I owned an Arctic Cat F800 (sold it because I never trusted that it would be reliable long term) and currently own a Polaris Switchback. The Arctic Cat and Polaris are playful fun trail machines that have a great ride and handling, but whenever I ride the Apex I still come away impressed. The Apex may not ride as well as the other sleds (it doesn't ride bad), it handles reasonably well, but when pushed on a lake the engine performance is outstanding. I will probably keep the Apex as my backup sled for a long time, but Yamaha has lost me as a customer until they start building their own sleds again (I will never buy a cheaply built Arctic Cat sled after owning one).

It really is to bad that Yamaha hasn't designed an all new performance sled since the Apex. Over the years I had an Apex GT, 2 attacks and my current Apex with power steering. I still have the Apex with power steering as my backup/lake sled but decided awhile back that I needed a better lightweight trail machine. I owned an Arctic Cat F800 (sold it because I never trusted that it would be reliable long term) and currently own a Polaris Switchback. The Arctic Cat and Polaris are playful fun trail machines that have a great ride and handling, but whenever I ride the Apex I still come away impressed. The Apex may not ride as well as the other sleds (it doesn't ride bad), it handles reasonably well, but when pushed on a lake the engine performance is outstanding. I will probably keep the Apex as my backup sled for a long time, but Yamaha has lost me as a customer until they start building their own sleds again (I will never buy a cheaply built Arctic Cat sled after owning one).
I just don't understand why Yamaha has not stepped up and give its customers a little hint that a new all Yamaha sled is in the works, yes customers like the new sidewinder but when you pull along side a thunder cat it really sets in that you are riding a re stickered sled, Yamaha reps must surf this site its time for them to step up because they are losing customers, they are losing hope, their blue blood is being sucked out and left in a puddle of green, blue blood Yamaha customers are being forced to rip the Yamaha badge of their jackets and move to the dark side which is lit up by Yellow or Red, long live the Apex!!

Its kind of like what auto manufacturers do to some models. They come out with a new model, well engineered, nice product. It sells well for a couple years. The bean counters look at the sales and say things are good. They dont need to update anything besides maybe colors and maybe the wheels, maybe a USB port, for a few years. As time goes on sales go down, after all there's nothing new to attract repeat customers and new customers see an outdated product. Sales go down. Bean counters look at sales and say that market share has fallen so low that the product is no longer profitable,model needs to be dropped. See Yamaha snowmobiles......

The Japanese are an awesome people in an area of the world that isn't too great. I bought a Juki commercial sewing machine for work at $5000..but I insisted it was all made in Japan. As Juki is using China for the same machine with different branding for the offering . So I wanted to be sure and told him if I see any sign of China on it I would return it. With that said my wifes Ford Escape has a foreign made chassis (glad it's not China) and has been the best car for her needs since 2010.
Interesting to see if Yamaha comes out with a new totally Japan made machine or stays with totally hybrid machines..

Its kind of like what auto manufacturers do to some models. They come out with a new model, well engineered, nice product. It sells well for a couple years. The bean counters look at the sales and say things are good. They dont need to update anything besides maybe colors and maybe the wheels, maybe a USB port, for a few years. As time goes on sales go down, after all there's nothing new to attract repeat customers and new customers see an outdated product. Sales go down. Bean counters look at sales and say that market share has fallen so low that the product is no longer profitable,model needs to be dropped. See Yamaha snowmobiles......

I just don’t get some CFO’s decisions!? Are they always blinded by bottom lines and the almighty dollar (yes)? Like do they even share the passion of the consumers?? I’d hope so but usually not. For a product to be successful everyone needs to come to the table....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back